“Mexican food with a gourmet twist” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Toloache, New York City

Toloache, New York City
251 West 50th St, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)
+1 212-581-1818
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Toloache, New York City is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #108 of 11,750 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: Between Broadway and 8th Avenue
Transit: Take the C or E Trains to 50th St.; the 1 Train to 50th St.; and the N, R, or W Trains to 49th St.
Puerto Rico
“Mexican food with a gourmet twist”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Went late last Friday after a Broadway musical and loved this place. Silvia was terrific. We had a special Margarita with blue tequila and agave and ordered two dishes to share: the huitlacoche and black truffle quesadillas and tacos with fish and jicama. Both were delicious, very tasty. Ordered churros with cajeta and chocolet and was ok. It was my birthday and she brought us complimentary tequila shots. I would definetely go again on my next visit.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Midland, Michigan
“Upscale Mexican”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Awesome interior. I love Mexican food, so wanted to try Toloache. Extensive margarita menu, but wasn't overly impressed by the menu--everything we had was very good though. My mom and I split several dishes and were satisfied, but it likely would not have been enough food if I had come with my husband.

Visited September 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great ambiance and cocktails”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We checked out this place as we were looking for a place to have a drink...and loved this place. Great selection of specialty tequila cocktails and mine was wonderful. The bar staff was terrific. We didn't eat here, but I'm guessing the food is darn good because the place was packed. Wish we had time to go back for a meal.

Visited September 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“A pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

My husband and I went to this restaurant for lunch without a reservation. We waited about 30+ minutes for our entrées. This was the only negative we experienced, and the wait was worth it. I had the chicken quesadilla and the red Sangria which were both flavorful. I also had a side of sweet plantains that were amazing. Overall this place had excellent food (I don't recall what my husband had, but the pieces I stole from his plate were very delicious), and I would dine there again

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Tables are placed very near to each other. It was full of people and you cannot talk to the person on other side of table. When everyone is talking, its difficult to communicate. Food was Ok. Not the best food. Just Ok. I will not go back again.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere