“Last Visit beofore the move” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Antinori restaurant

Antinori restaurant
8 Stone Street, Ground Level of Double Tree Hotel, New York City, NY 10004 (Financial District)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,874 of 11,180 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Financial District
Belleville, Illinois
“Last Visit beofore the move”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I was in NYC on business last week. I had not been there since the great Host Tony Fantastica past away. I missed seeing Tony there, but Ancora was still a great expierience. The food and service were still fantastic! They are moving across the street after this week. I beleive they will overcome the changes, and continue to provide a great expireience. I appreaciate Ancora as one of the best restaurants I have ever been to. I thank them for the past, and look foward to seeing them at their new space.

• Visited December 2013

New York
“Time travel to Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This was a suprise Dinner date with my husband who is a regular here.

Everything here is a plus

1) Excellent Staff
2) Amazing menu
3) The Bread Basket and Fried Zucchini is TO DIE FOR!!!!

I had a special egg plant lasagna which is something that i love so much to this day

• Visited July 2012
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Excellent Italian Restaurant Downtown!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Went to Ancora for a special birthday lunch for a friend. I was extremely impressed with Ancora. Very good service and authentic Italian food. I am vegeterian and they made me a special Eggplant lasanga which was wonderful!

The fried zucchini hot peppers and bread were complimentary and very good.

They had wonderful appetizers to chose frpm and also homemad Grappa in different flavors.

It is a bit pricey, but it is Wall Street!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Late lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We were returning on the Staten Island ferry at 2:15PM and we were starving! I used my phone to find restaurants in the area and found Ancora. I called and they said if we got there before 3 they could serve us. It was a very short walk and when we entered the downstairs dining room we almost walked out. There was no one there excpet the servers. But we were hungry. And are we glad that we stayed! We ordered a Ceaser for two that was prepared tableside. I had the veal marsala and my husband had the ravioli of the day. Service was great. It was also funny because once we had our main coursed, all of the waiters and staff came out of the kitchen with their plates piled with pasta for their lunch at a big round table. They took turns jumping up to refill our glasses or check on us. Yes, it was pricey but this is New York, people! We'd definitely return if we were in the Wall Street area.

Visited April 2013
Portland, Oregon, United States
“Excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Great service, great food. Doesn't look like much from the outside, but great inside. Starts with bread, fried zucchini, hot peppers - complimentary. Dinner is reasonably priced (for NYC), and great food. Complimentary grappa at the end of the meal.
Lots of "locals"... lots of NY accents (so fun to listen to!), seems to be lots of repeat customers. On our 2nd visit, we were recognized immediately!
Our first visit, it was quiet. 2nd visit was busier, and still great.

• Visited March 2013