“Enjoy with little girl” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Plaza Hotel

You added The Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
The Plaza Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Fifth Avenue at Central Park South, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Christmas Spectacular
Ranked #165 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Los Gatos, California, United States
“Enjoy with little girl”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

The bed ! Todd English food hall
Birthday lunch at the palm was awesome ( I requested a bd cake last mins ..they are it happens !!!
Drinks r expensive , foods were not bad on price tag
Many places , hall way for little one ran around
Oh yess....... Eloise for little Girl
They sent bd card , cookies to the room for my daughter

Room Tip: Join the Member u got free wifi
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Houston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Not a place I would recommend. Paying $800 a night you expect impeccable service and quality of ambiance and food. All overrated at the Plaza. I have traveled and stayed at 4 star and 5 star hotels and I would consider this hotel a 4 star at best if that...food was horrible. We had dine in and ordered $26 for a 10 inch what seemed to be a below par $3 frozen Pizza. Breakfast was also below standards. My husband ordered sunny side up eggs they came 25 minutes after he ordered and were stone cold. The selection of breakfast bar for the price was also exceedingly below standards. The overall hotel was ok. The concierge service was not helpful and seemed like they were bothered by even asking them any questions. At one point I had a concierge make me wait over 5 minutes before they even acknowledged me. I have stayed in New York before and there are far much better hotels at 1/3 of the price.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Teaneck
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

It was like being a king and queen on your wedding night. Absolutely amazing way to end the wedding celebrations. The rooms were comfortable and luxurious and special treatment by the staff made it a great night

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

PlazaHotelManagement, General Manager at The Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Mitchell S,

It is always an honor to hear stories of those who spend special occasions with us, such as your wedding night. We hope to welcome you back for many anniversaries to come!
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I was so concerned about some of the poor reviews on The Plaza Hotel, that I almost canceled! So glad I didn't! From the moment we stepped out of the car... everyone was fantastic! We were greeted by Eddie "Spaghetti" and he was so warm and welcoming! What a fun guy! The concierge was excellent...courteous, professional, pleasant. Our room was great, full of old world charm and the bed was very comfortable! Much more comfortable than the Four Seasons (I was surprised about that, since everyone raves over the FS mattresses).

Anyway, I was there recovering from a surgical procedure and the entire staff was always looking to do something for me! First let me say that the food ordered from room service was absolutely EXCELLENT! You MUST get the Palm Burger....might be the best burger I've ever had...anywhere!

Tea time in Palm Court was fantastic...and one day, when I couldn't go downstairs...they were so wonderful...they brought tea to my room for my husband and I. DELISH! You MUST try this if in NYC, even if you're not staying at The Plaza. I don't think it's pricey... bc you have to remember where you are! You're paying for atmosphere, ambiance and exceptional food and service. It's well worth the price.

Another thing that's a MUST at The Plaza... go all the way downstairs, where they have booths from places all over NYC... such as Lady M bakery (BEST mille crepe cake you've EVER had) and Payard (French chocolates and pastries...sooo good!). They also have a lovely shop where you can purchase souvenirs. Adorable trinkets!

The staff was so wonderful, they offered to take me to my doctor's appointment with the hotel car (my surgeon's office was less than 10 blocks away) and before we left, they wrapped up a signed copy of a book all about The Plaza Hotel and a Plaza Hotel Keychain and gave us a beautiful hand written note.

I don't think I'll ever want to stay at another hotel in NYC again. Before this, I had stayed at the Four Seasons (a month before) and there really is NO comparison! The Plaza made me feel like I was a star. They couldn't do enough for me and even mailed out and accepted packages, brought up my favorite foam-gel cushions, nice sized refrigerator, doggie bed, treats and dishes for my little Java Girl.

I can't say enough about this place. I felt like I was in another world. As if I were in a movie... or in Europe somewhere. It was like living in a wonderful dream for 7 glorious nights.

Don't look at the cost... you can't put a price tag on a memory.

I don't think I need to say that there is NO better location in NYC.

Book...stay...and enjoy the luxury and pampering!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Franbug,

Thank you for sharing your excellent feedback with us. We are thrilled to hear that we were able to take care of you while you were recovering and that you enjoyed your stay so immensely. We hope to welcome you back again soon! Thank you again for taking the time to share with us.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

The service was very good ,friendly staff great location. The room was good other than the TV set was quite old and slow. The plaza basement offers exceptional food very convenient so you have to leave the hotel for food and great selections also

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I have stayed in the best hotels in NYC and in many parts of the world. This hotel is terrible, on every level. They offered us a free night stay upon departure and we declined. not sure what else to say other than, saty elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Barrie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We stayed at this hotel on the July 4th weekend. The hotel is very close to everything. It is very elegant. We stayed in a Junior Suite, the king bed was very, very comfortable and the cot we had was the most comfortable cot I had ever slept on. The bathrooms are beautiful. The receptionist are very polite and professional. The only negative things about the hotel was the one concierge that was at the desk was not very friendly and whenever you asked about anything such as directions he would quickly tell you something and not want to talk to you anymore even when there was nobody in line. The other upsetting thing was when I checked in they said I would have a city view but when I got to the room we looked directly to the building across from us and nothing else. Also beware when you ask for a late checkout, we asked for a late checkout and they gave it to us but we came back to our room before our check out time we were locked out and we had to wait for security to come and open the door and he treated us like we were robbers. Beyond that it is a beautiful hotel and very central to everything around.

Room Tip: ask for room facing central park.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to The Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!