“Wouldn't spend that much $$$ again there !!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Plaza Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
The Plaza Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Fifth Avenue at Central Park South, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Christmas Spectacular
Ranked #151 of 453 Hotels in New York City
Cortland
“Wouldn't spend that much $$$ again there !!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

The plaza was nice , But expected more for the Money I paid per night , great once ,but I've stayed at nicer places and better staff at a lower price with way better service , Glad I tried once !!! Lobby way to small , rooms were spotless I will say , No real personal service , Butler ??? didn't see once

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Highland Park, Tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

The Plaza is the iconic new York Hotel. The gold inlaid bathrooms and the crystal chandeliers allow one to truly feel pampered when staying at the Plaza. The Butler and concierge services are fantastic. The BMW seven series with driver are available for hotel guests when needed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Moncton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

The Doorman, The Bellman and the Concierge were always there when you needed them. The rooms are fantastic and the bathtub was a favorite with my girlfriend.

A great place to stay when in New York and the Concierge can arrange almost anything with great suggestions.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
PlazaHotelManagement, General Manager at The Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear ATDELTAHOTELS,

Thank you for your post. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Potomac, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

A friend and I took our daughters to NY to see Live with Kelly and Michael. We stayed at the Plaza because it was relatively close to the Lincoln Center. The lobby is beautiful. The staff at check in was nice and helpful. My room was very good. I wouldn't say excellent because the view wasn't good but I reserved a garden view room and the bedroom was small. The bathroom was very opulent and practically as big as the bedroom area! That was very nice. Shopping and restaurants in the underground shopping area were quite extensive. We loved the Eloise store and the crepe shop was super yummy. Being across the street from FAO Schwarz was a plus for our daughters. I have stayed at the New York Palace hotel, the Mandarin Oriental and at the Plaza. I loved all of them for different reasons but I would rate the Plaza second to the Mandarin. But for the same price a room at the Palace is much nicer and has a better view.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
York, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I have always wanted to stay at The iconic world class Plaza Hotel, so when the opportunity came whilst planning my wedding in New York, I could not turn it down! We found a great deal on Booking.com for 5 nights in a suite which was on the 17th floor.

I cant honestly say that check in was the best experience ever. The bell boys were great getting the luggage (and us) from the taxi to the front desk. However the service on the front desk was not very personal. Coming from a long flight from the UK to the US and the excitement of the impending wedding, I did expect a bit more of a personal experience. She asked for my credit card and proceeded to authorise it for the whole amount of the trip. As I was paying in cash - I was disappointed she didn't ask me first about what my preferred method of payment was. I managed to clear this up and she counted the cash as $20 short. A while laster she called the room and realised she had made a mistake and I had paid in cash the correct amount - just a sligh hiccup of the part of the plaza.

The room itself was absolutely amazing. Definitely worth spending the extra money on. We had a bar, 2 wardrobes ( his and hers), an extra large bed, 2 TVs, living quarters with sofa and chairs, a chaise lounges, and an iPad to control the heating and lighting and access the hotel services such as the butler who can bring you ice etc.

We also had 3 chandeliers in the room - very opulent!

I could go on and on about the bathroom for days - it was glorious. All gold and tiles, a tub, a huge shower and a separate toilet - it was sheer bless and breathtaking.

My Fiancé ordered a bottle of Verve Cliquot, which was steep at $190 and learned a lesson there never to do that again! Considering the cost of a bottle anywhere else at home is around £45-£55 we did feel ripped off by this and as a result did not use the room service in fear of the high prices!

I used the hotel gym a couple of times and it was very state of the art. I used the running machine which had an integrated fan to cool you down whilst running - I have never seen this before! Its a hard place to find and I asked concierge how to get there, and someone walked me over to it as its hidden away down a fire escape.

Coming in and out of the Plaza - breezing in and out of the lobby, where people are visiting from the street just to take pictures of the hotel you are staying in is just the best feeling ever. The fact that you are staying in a suite in one of the best most iconic hotels knocks your socks off!

I moved to my own suite the night before the weeding and the room was just as good with loads of room. We did order room service the next morning for breakfast as I couldn't leave the room - and it was excellent. Still pricy but very well presented. I had the smoked salmon and it was the best I had ever tasted! For this, toast and tea and coffee came to about $90. So it really was a one off experience.

All of the staff in the hotel were very pleasant to us. The ones who knew we were getting married were always chatting to us, asking us how we were and telling us it was getting closer, adding to the excitement. I think one of the staff was called George - he was exceptional and wanted to know everything the day after about how it went.

Turndown service is really great, fresh bottled fiji water and a note about the next days weather - very nice.

Didn't get a chance to eat or drink downstairs in the Plaza so can't comment on that.

What I would say is even if you visit New York and stay at the Plaza once, for one night, treat yourself and just do it. The thrill of the experience is worth it. And to stay in a suite with the room size (big for NYC), elegance, cleanliness, service, and sheer opulence of the Plaza just tops it all off.

Book in and enjoy the whole New York Experience.

Room Tip: Pick a suite - well worth the extra money
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Dont just take a room when you re at the Plaza, take the suite!!
Very busy with easter weekend.
Close to the 24h Apple store very conveniënt when you forget to take your Apple charger. But, you also ask the conciërge to arrange it for you. You Will love this hotel

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

It was my 3rd stay at the Plaza and I basically like the hotel and the location. The room was beautiful, service good. In room dining however I would rate only as mediocre. And at a room rate of nearly US1000 charging separately for the breakfast, and then separately again for the Espresso during breakfast is ridiculous

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!