“NY Plaza - one of the best” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Plaza Hotel

You added The Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
The Plaza Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Fifth Avenue at Central Park South, New York City, NY 10019 (Midtown)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #165 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brisbane, Australia
“NY Plaza - one of the best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

If your looking for 5 star luxury, service, position and NYC class, this is a good place to stay. We stayed 3 x nights earlier this month. Bed was very comfortable, our room was large and clean, and nothing was too much trouble for staff. The Plaza is located in a good position on Madison Ave. Our friends stayed at Time Square - we enjoyed Time Square visits, however their feedback was the Time Square area is 'to' busy and noisy for hotel stay. The Plaza rates vary, we payed less on the weekend.
One warning, Manhattan (NYC) is currently one big construction site, including a construction site beside The Plaza. And most construction sites appear to work 24 / 7. So where ever you book, check first that you are not allocated a room beside 24 / 7 construction work.
Note: We finish our trip with a 5 day stay (with our friends) by renting an apartment on 30th Street, East. (Our apartment was not that nice!)
My top NYC highlights include: 1. Ice Hockey at Madison Square Gardens, 2. Billy Crystal show on Broadway, and 3. The new High-line walk finishing with lunch and revamped Chelsea market.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from construction build site side of building. Note: This applies to most hotels...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

You would be wise to take Eloise's advice on this one. This hotel is magical and perfect in everyway. The service goes above and beyond nearly anyone in New York. As a NYC local, I sometime get a room here just for fun, or when i need to escape. I feel like the queen of Manhattan from the moment I check in, to the second I check out. It was a family tradition for many years to move into the plaza hotel all of December. This hotel shines in Christmas time. It brings the magic alive for all ages and extends the great feeling of NYC during the holidays. This is a perfect place to stay for someone who doesn't care about rate and wants the time of their life.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I stayed here on a recent business trip. The restaurants and bar staff were attentive and courteous. The facilities were top notch. The room was clean and spacious with tasteful decorations. The housekeeping staff was thorough. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
PlazaHotelManagement, General Manager at The Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear tvl4fun13,

Thank you for your post and for choosing The Plaza for your recent business trip. We are pleased to hear that you found the rooms and facilities top notch and the service attentive and courteous. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to New York City. Thank you again for your post.
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This is one of the few expensive hotels in New York that is actually worth staying at.
The service is tremendous. The staff is always attentive and respectful. They remember your name and make you feel like royalty. (They even pointed me to the best pizza at 2am)!
The hotel still holds that old world charm while still keeping amenities modern (I loved the in room iPad climate control- which you can also send requests to housekeeping and the bell desk).
Didn't get a chance to eat in the lobby restaurant but it looked very inviting. (Very similar to Claridges in London).
Security is incredibly tight. They do a great job of routing people that aren't guests away from the lobby. Floors above five require a room key. I ordered Chinese food and a security guard escorted the delivery man to my door. Sooo wonderful!
Bed was nice and soft. Pillows were awesome.
Bathroom was big and beautiful.
The key card for the door/elevator worked every time! (This is not always the case in other places).
Unlike The Waldorf, you really feel The Plaza's standards maintained since it's opening. (The Waldorf is basically a very old and expensive Holiday Inn).
I have only two minor complaints-
-The front desk staff's wardrobe looked a little worn- over washed and frayed
-The red carpet in the front and around the hotel looks disgusting- stained and faded
The staff and the carpet should look as sparkly as the rest of the hotel.
At the end of the day- if you want to stay in a beautiful place in NYC, bring yourself and a lot of money to The Plaza.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for 1 of our 4 nights in NYC in Feb 2011.
After watching Home Alone 2: Lost in New York ever since a child, I always said if we went to New York we would stay in the Plaza!
Check in was nice, first impressions were good. Very luxurious and beautifully done:) We got our keys and took the elevator up to our room.
Our room was really nice. Lovely bed, one of the best we have ever slept in! Really high and soft but firm! Nice thick duvet. The bathroom is to die for! Its huge with a really big deep bath tub! Took an hour to fill it but so so worth the wait!
The staff were helpful, helping us to choose a great steak place and even booking our table for us.

Will we stay again? Yes absolutely if we could afford to! I'm glad we had the opportunity to stay here and it truely was special but for the cost I think on our next return (hopefully in feb 2014) We will have to stick with more of a budget hotel:(

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I just loved the afternoon tea my better half And I had at The palm Court. The tables are just spaced perfect , not to close to one another. I hate it when I gossip about other people and the table next to me is eavesdropping! the Palm Court is ideal , nicely decorated, the staff is friendly. Very good quality tea selection. One of my favorite things to do on my trips to New York.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Rosegomez07,

Thank you for your recent visit to The Palm Court and for sharing your wonderful feedback. We hope to welcome you back soon - Afternoon Tea is especially wonderful during the holidays with our tree lit and decorations up!
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I was fortunate enough to have stayed at the Plaza hotel during a business trip to NYC. I was most impressed with my room. It was a beautiful large room with a bathroom that was about as large as the sleeping quarters. I loved looking around the whole hotel and would tell anyone to take a look around, as there was so much to see! I loved the location across from Central Park. I will probably never get to stay there again but will remember my stay there as memorable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!