“Over Night Stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Azure

You added Hotel Azure to your Saves list
Hotel Azure
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   120 Lafayette Street, New York City, NY 10013 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #366 of 458 Hotels in New York City
“Over Night Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

It was very good for the price. Small, but if solo or a couple it is great. Close to Battery Park and Chinatown. The bed was comfy and bathroom nice as well. It is a place if you wanna stay out of the busy Upper Manhatten area. If you stay here learn to ride the the trains or buses because there will be a lot of walking to see the Empire State Building or Times Square. Taxis are abundant though and you can flag them down anywhere.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Good place to stay if you want to be out all day and just sleep and shower, the bed is great but you can feel the subway coming all night and street noise, safe box doesn't work had no batteries. Make sure you check your bill at the end if you prepay the room the may try to charge you again for the room Overall is a good place to stay

• Stayed May 2014
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

We stayd in this hotel in May for 7 nights with my husband. It was our first time in NY. The hotel was located in the boarder of Chinatown. Very handy when it comes to moving at Manhattan with the subway - Canal street station just around the corner. However the hotel is very basic - one might say even a bit worn out. Very small rooms, but this did not bother us as we saw it coming. Okay bed and shower. So if you are only looking for a cheap place to stay with good connections then it's ideal for you. However the room was noisy - a lot of noise from the street and as the metro runs right under the hotel the whole room shakes every time it goes by. So it's not a quiet place to get some peace and rest after a busy day in the city. The staff was friendly but did not speak very good english. All in all we would give this hotel 2,5 stars.

Room Tip: We had a room facing to the street on the 2nd floor - not a good choise. A LOT of noise from the str...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We had a great stay at Hotel Azure, as you will read in other reviews the rooms are small but clean and practical and the bathroom is perfectly functional - a big bonus is having your own bathroom too which a lot of the other hotels we looked at did not have. Free wifi was a good even if it wasn't super speedy and air con was a necessary included extra too - we had June temperatures while we were there!
The location is great, a stones throw from the 6 subway and right in the midst of downtown - you'll be offered fake Gucci bags and D&G sunglasses as soon as you leave by the local vendors and street salesmen but no-one is too pushy.
Reception staff were friendly, were happy to offer advice and directions when necessary and we were always greeted with a smile.
Should we ever be lucky enough to visit NYC again, I would be happy to stay at this hotel - one final word of advice - email the hotel direct a few weeks before your stay and ask if you can have a room on the 5th (top) floor, we found it quiet enough and only very occasionally heard or felt the subway!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

I have never written reviews about anything in the past, but I had a such sad experience there I have to write. The good: hotel location is good, room is very small but meet my needs and clean. I want to mention about a very nice young man Kai at the hotel who helped me through out the process or booking.

Now the bad part. I left my DSLR camera there after I check out of Rm 405 today (4/30) and I know exactly where I left it, but when I checked with the hotel, I was told no one has seen it. I was taking picture on 4/29 to do some night shots of China town and put the camera on the window facing China town, putting the hotel hard cover book, tissue box to hold my camera, and get too tired so I went to sleep. The camera was behind the curtain and since I left early this morning I forgot to pack with me. In order to clean the room, the hard cover hotel book and tissue box would have been re-positioned and the camera would have to be moved. By the time I realize this I already flew out of NYC. The Room is currently occupied by another guest on this day 4/30/2014, Room 405. Not taking care of my own belonging is my own fault. It is just sad that in this clear situation, someone would take someone else valuable as their own instead of handed in to the front within such short time period (a few hours) and only two possibilities are involved in regards to who may took them , and the case is black and white,

If Hotel Azure people is reading this, I want to be fair to you that the service person is helpful and location is good, but I am just not sure how safe I would feel to stay there any more. It is sad to know someone will have such dishonest behavior. To rate the hotel terrible is unfair, but would anyone feel safe to stay here? I hope the hotel be responsible and contact me for further investigation. But at this point, I lost basic trust that will ever happen. If you do plan to do something you have my contact information. I have attached a picture of the lost item. So sad not for the money that I lost, but for the experience

I do wish there is a separate rating for that nice gentleman Kai, I would give him a five start

Room Tip: Safety first, and be careful
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

This is my 3rd time in NYC and this hotel has all you need. Yes the rooms are a but small (like most Manhattan hotel rooms) and it is a bit noisy at night (buy a $2 set of earplugs as they do wonders!).
Location is outstanding for the subway as the station is located about 20m from the front of the hotel. Loads of food options closeby with Chinatown and Little Italy within walking distance.
Unlike previous places ive stayed there was no smell of cigarette smoke.
Wifi was a little slow but wifi is freely available in NYC so no big deal. Would recommend friends to stay here again if on a budget.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Teresa N, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Azure, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for spending time in writing a review which we much obliged.
We guarantee you that you will be happy and satisfied when you stay with us the 4th time. will see you soon.

Best regards,
Teresa
P R Manager
Buenos Aires, Argentina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Let me preface that I do over 100+ nights a year on hotels, from simple/basic to the very nice.
This one in theory was supposed to be towards the most basic ones with a few fatal flas.

Cons:
* Room shakes with the subway. You can definitely feel it and would not recommend it for this reason.
* They tried giving me a room that smelled like there was a fire there (apparently there was one previously)
* No service at all, front desk and manager were not helpful, borderline rude.
* Wifi is super slow (but free)

Pros:
* The hotel is in a solid location.
* Bathroom is nice.
* Free wifi (but super slow)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Azure? Share your experiences!