“Bed Bugs!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Azure

Save Saved
You added Hotel Azure to your Saves list
Hotel Azure
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   120 Lafayette Street, New York City, NY 10013 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #354 of 451 hotels in New York City
“Bed Bugs!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

My sister in law, bother in law and their 18 month old baby stayed here for our wedding this past weekend and picked up bed bugs. As the other reviews said the rooms were small, but seemed clean and fine. But soon my brother in law noticed bites which got progressively worse. I refrained from posting the photos of the bites...
My family has since gone home and has tried to contact the hotel and no one will call them back. As disturbing as bed bugs are, they can happen anywhere. The most infuriating thing is that no one will call my family back to answer their complaint or offer compensation.Conveniently the manager is always unavailable. Clearly they are hiding and that is disgusting. Azure, expect a visit from my husband this week and we are filing a complaint with the city.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Teresa N, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Azure, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

We sincerely apologize for what your family has encountered during their stay. We have made the necessary investigation on all of our rooms and none of the rooms were infected. All of our mattress have the necessary bed bug protector covers to ensure that an outbreak does not occur. We have not received any other complaints about bed bugs in our hotel and our housekeepers are professionally trained to clean/maintain the highest level of sanitizing before reselling any rooms.

175 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stayed two nights in Nov'13 with my wife. This is pretty good to stay for short period. Rooms are very small but have own bathrooms (at least my had). Staff is friendly. Very convinient location: next to China Town, Broadway and Little Italy, in walking distance from Wall Street and Battery Park. Subway (Canal) in a minute away. Rooms have plasma TV but with just few channels, safe, work table, cofee machine and free wi-fi. Pretty clean (as whole hotel). But bit noisy at night because of subway. It worth its price.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Teresa N, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Azure, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Hello Vzayko,

Thank you for staying with us, it was a pleasure to serve you and your wife. Our biggest advantage would be the convenience of location and I'm so glad you were able to utilize it to your full advantage. We try our best to make everyone's stay as comfortable as possible by giving you everything within reach. Please come back and visit soon.

Teresa N.
Scarsdale, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My boyfriend & I stayed here one night - Saturday to Sunday, so that we could stay in town for a late night party. The hotel is on the edge of Chinatown, near the #6 subway line, so it is convenient to downtown activities as well as to anywhere else, thanks to the subway. The front desk staff we saw on Saturday night and Sunday morning - 2 different people - were more than nice, and I'd like to at least acknowledge them for being friendly, helpful and efficient.
The room, however, is a different matter! For nearly $300 for the night we got a cramped room with torn wallpaper, a tiny bathroom with a filthy shower, and a platform bed. The linens were clean, and by the time we got back from partying, the bed was comfortable enough! But otherwise, I would say the place is dirty. The shower floor was gross - ringed with filth and clearly not cleaned. The shelves next to each side of the bed were dusty.
I'm accustomed to staying in cities, so I am not concerned with city noise. Actually, the room was not as noisy as I would have thought - I think they must have at least have gotten sound-blocking windows. It is too bad that the room was so dingy! I've paid far less and gotten much more.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We would like to apologize that you feel that way during your stay. Your reviews and comments help us improve in areas we’re lacking. We are making the necessary changes to our rooms thanks to everyone’s reviews. Please do consider staying with us in the near future as there are times when we’re as low as $99/per night.

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

Brick, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

For $199 this place was the only place affordable and thought it was going to be nice enough. Barely. the only good thing about this hotel was that the receptionists were consistently nice and accommodating, other than that this place is a hole in a wall. Air fresheners in corners and in the elevator to hide smells and you get absolutely nothing but a bed and a shower. I think there was a coffee maker in the room but used dunkin donuts across the street instead.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Teresa N, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Azure, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Hello Reeta1810,

Thank you so much for taking your time to review us. I sincerely apologize that we didn't meet your expectations. Please consider visiting us in the future as there are nights as low as $89.

Teresa N.
Jersey City, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Hotel azure is the most disgusting hotel you could possibly find to stay in. Me and my husband paid over $275 to stay in this crap hole. We were skeptical when we arrived, but were late for our dinner reservations. The elevator smelled like a dead animal and the room was teeny and bathroom was gross! Looked like 10 people stayed since the last cleaning. Im not sure how they can call this place a hotel and get away without the health department shutting them down. Yea the location is alright but its worth a longer cab ride to stay somewhere else. We ate the $300 and went and stayed at the sheraton in tribeca for same amount $ and it was like staying in a palace compared to this sorry excuse for a hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We arrived late on a Saturday evening. There we met the only interested member if staff we encountered during our three night stay. The room was small even by New York standards. The shower room was filthy, one of the bedside lights was broken and was reported several times but nothing done. The lift bell rang every time a lift appeared so fellow guests returning late disturbed everyone around even when they were being quiet.

• Stayed September 2013
Paris, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I found the hotel to be dirty, and wouldn't stay here again. Check in was fine no friendly welcome or anything but that's ok. I first noticed that there was a tacky dollar store air freshener in the corner of the elevator, and the room was very dingy especially in the shower. The bathroom amenities hadn't been changed from the last customer so if that detail isn't even being paid attention to it makes me wonder. The toilet is the same kind of toilet you'd find in a school or public toilet which I thought was odd and it's loud. The walls had stains and bits all smeared on it it really needs new paint it was so gross. The shower is super dingy I stood on a towel in the shower because the floor looked like a dorm room shower. The sheets were clean and the bed was comfortable but the pillows were quite a small size. But at least the bed seemed ok. The hotel is above the subway which means you feel that every 15-20mins at night and is worse in every way during the am rush. Same with traffic for those who are light sleepers as that can all be heard. I booked somewhat last minute so I spent 300incl taxes. I know NYC prices so I'd prefer to just add in the extra money for a nicer one.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Azure? Share your experiences!