“Only noisier if bed was actually on the street...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Azure

You added Hotel Azure to your Saves list
Hotel Azure
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   120 Lafayette Street, New York City, NY 10013 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #368 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Pineville, North Carolina
“Only noisier if bed was actually on the street...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We were on the second floor and heard every car horn, semi truck, subway train, lover's quarrel, construction activity, and bad street band Canal Street had to offer. The room was tiny (with two of us in there our movements had to be coordinated) but clean, the bed was comfortable. Not a bad location for getting to Chinatown or Little Italy, but other hotels OFF Canal would offer a quieter stay. Definitely go for the highest floor possible.

Room Tip: Higher floors would be quieter (at least I guess so).
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Having lived in Manhattan previously, this hotel is in a great location for easy access to transportation. On the border between Chinatown and Little Italy which are fun places to adventure out into. Rooms tiny, clean. Noise level, even on third floor, was the only concern I had. The subway runs under the hotel and so the building gets the vibrations and noise from this. It's an individual's choice. I would return but ask for the next higher floor.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as high up in the building as possible
Amsterdam
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Great location, walking distance to Brooklyn Bridge and both West & East Village, which are a lot nicer than Chinatown. Quiet neighborhood at night, except for the sounds and shakes of the Canal St Subway. But you'll get used to it (bring earplugs!)
Rooms and shower are clean and big enough to sleep and even store some luggage, but not worth the 185$ a night, although it's hard to find any cheaper downtown.
Very slow and sometimes dysfunctional free wifi, better visit Starbucks around the corner.
Would recommend it, but next time we'll search for something better.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

A group of friends were visiting the city for a birthday celebration. We spent ages trying to find reasonably priced, yet well located accommodation. What a wonderful find! Our room was on the small size, but nowhere near as small as some other bedrooms in the same hotel. The bed was huge and comfortable. The room and bathroom were exceptionally clean. The hotel's staff was wonderful, welcoming and went above and beyond in their service.
I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in the Tribeca district of the city.

Room Tip: At the front of the hotel, we had about 2 feet more space before the bathroom entrance. My friend...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed at Azure through May 31 through June 2 2013 and we loved it. It was conveniently located right in the heart of lower Manhattan. For only $200 a night it was a steal. We stayed on the third floor and had no issues. I read several reviews about the room shaking due to the subway underneath of the hotel but we could barely hear or feel it. If you're a couple just trying to get away and enjoy the city for the weekend this place is perfect! Although the rooms are small everything was very clean and worked as it should. I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2013
Space Coast, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed here with my sister on a short vacation to NYC.I admit, I was nervous when I booked this hotel. It's in the middle of China Town and I booked a room with two twin beds. I expected a tiny room and the possibility of a dirty hotel after reading the reviews here. But it was the best I could find in a centrally located area for the price they were offering.

We lucked out and got a corner room, which I will definitely request if I stay there again. The room was more spacious than I expected, the bathroom was beautifully tiled, and the view was amazing. Yes, there was noise from the street below, but that is to be expected when one is staying in Manhattan.

The room was clean and the A/C worked perfectly. My only complaints were that the water pressure could have been a little better and the message retrieval on the phone was broken. But we both had cell phones and we managed just fine.

The front desk staff were super helpful and the hotel offers car service to most major airports for a fee less expensive than taking a cab.

This hotel is right by the 6, N, Q, & R trains which will take you just about anywhere you need to go in NYC.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room. I didn't see the others, but I'm willing to bet a corner room gives y...
Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed at Hotel Azure for five nites in early May 2013. I was always skeptical staying in ChinaTown as it is a very busy-busy part of Manhattan, but I was on my usual May 2-week adventure in New York and picked this hotel out on Agoda.com travel site. It is at the corner of Layfayette and Canal streets and is across the street from McDonalds, a short walk to Starbucks and the best part were the convenient subway stops; so close to the hotel on many sides. Felt very safe walking the neighborhood and also little Italy and Tribeca areas.
The hotel has 27 rooms and I was on the 4th floor in a
room with a Queen bed, desk, and almost unheard of in NYC; they provided a small coffee pot and daily coffee packets; FREE internet in the room which actually worked fine. (computer in the lobby for guest use) ; small refrigerator in the room. The room was a little noisy as my windows (which opened a little) faced busy canal street, with the windows closed, the sirens, horns and other car noises were somewhat muffled; ear plugs worked fine. I had no problems with noises from neighboring rooms. You can hear the subway very slightly in my room #407 but did not bother me. The bathroom was huge and very clean. The shower was awesome and looked new. I only used maid service twice as I had plenty of towels and amenities but they were available daily if needed and pleasant. The elevator was normal (small) for New York hotels but quite prompt and big enough to hold a few people and luggage. The cost for this queen ensuite room was around 1200.00 dollars which included room taxes, multiple nyc city taxes. The first week of my trip was spent at the Millennium Hilton near the 911 memorial and was quite a bit more money A pretty good price for New York City all-in-all ~~~~~Nice staff present on both the duty shifts. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Mention you would like a room location a little more insulated from the road noises or subway rattle...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Azure? Share your experiences!