“Nasty, Filthy, dirty!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sun Bright Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sun Bright Hotel to your Saves list
Sun Bright Hotel
1.0 of 5 Hostel   |   140 Hester Street, New York City, NY 10013 (Chinatown)   |
Sacramento, California
“Nasty, Filthy, dirty!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Never ever stay at this hotel ever again! it's filthy like a jail. The sheets are dirty and not changed. Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 5 days and every night we stayed here, my body itched from bed bugs. There was a mosquitoe in the room and had to kill it. A huge cockroach crawled onto my boyfriend one night. Disgusting!! As we were sleeping another night, I lifted the pillow up and saw that the sheet underneath my pillow was blood stained. Our bodies itched every night....Ughhh I don't recommend staying here. They are cheap with their towels and the bathrooms are molded and dirty!! You have to share bathrooms with everyone. It cost $80 per night but it is not worth it. All hotels in New York are expensive but it's better to pay more than to pay for this dirty tiny room! They also only have a small tv with only 3 channels. Disapointed and regret staying here. When I got home, I was so happy to be in my warm, clean, comfortable bed! Don't stay there!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!! You are in Jail!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

169 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Don't go there! The beds were the most uncomfortable ones i ever slept in. The sheets were not really clean. The rooms were really small. There were bugs everywhere. The bathrooms were dirty und most of the time you had to wait in line. Homeless people were sitting in front of the hotel...sometimes on the stairs inside. I didn't like it all and my girlfriend said it was really disgusting. I would rather spent a little more money next time!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

Jakarta, Indonesia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

It's really bedroom, a room with a small bed, a place to lay your body sleep at night. there are few shared bathroom to have yourself cleaned. You'll get this kind of room if only you order the room with the cheapest rate ever: $45 for 5th floor male dorm. If you only need a place to sleep after a day long enjoying new york city, who cares? You may find another cheap bedroom in the neighborhood as well.

Room Tip: There are better room for the single/double/triple room which laid on 2nd floor with $130 per night...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Bethesda, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

When I got here, they told me my room was not ready. I have to wait until 2 to check in, after 2 I asked again politely is my room is ready, the man behind the counter started snapping at me and everyone else, After thirty minutes from 2 I finally get my room, but I have to put a 20 dollar deposit for the room I got online???? There's no elevators but stairs. As I was going upstairs I noticed here most of the people are migrating from china and other countries making a living on a very low income. My room looks like a prison cell, the bathrooms you have to share, also there's bug in there, Ladies and gentilmen this is what you get for a room under 50 dollars. Heed my warning. On the plus, there's a desktop and free wifi in the lobby.

• Stayed October 2011
St. Petersburg, Russia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

The location in Chinatown is great, but it's the only good thing about this hotel. It would be ok if it cost 10$/night, but it doesn't. Look elsewhere.

The rooms are very small, and you can hear anything what your neighbors do. Wifi doesn't work properly. Shared bathrooms are dirty.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Tillsonburg, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I booked this hotel because it was dirt cheap (for New York) and I thought I could handle anything. Dirty was the key word. The bathrooms were gross, the rooms were gross and the staff was rude and far from even the least bit helpful. The walls and doors looked liked they'd never been wiped down and there was some weird smell that I couldn't quite make out. We stayed a week and I've still got the clothes I took tied up in black garbage bags because I'm afraid of bed bugs. If the staff put just the slightest bit of work into cleaning and tried just a bit to be polite it wouldn't have been bad for the price. Lesson learned.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sun Bright Hotel? Share your experiences!