The hotel is conveniently located in the center of Manhattan, in the middle of 26th street between 6th and 7th avenue. Only two blocks away from the subways 1,2&3 (Times Square in 5mins) and three blocks from subways B,D,F&M (8mins to Rockefeller Center)
The staff on arrival was very friendly, and although we arrived at noon, our view room on the 20th floor was already available. The room wasn't that big, but not cramped. Nice wide bed, but for me not long enough (I'm 1m92 or 6'3''). TV had more then enough channels, and the free wireless & wired internet worked like it should have, acceptable speed as well. The view from the room was excellent, with the Empire State Building and Chrysler Tower right in front. The bathroom had a big shower, hairdryer, toilet and a small sink. It was only a bit difficult to get in and out, because the door was too wide. We had to step inside around the toilet to close the door. A bit strange they used a door that wide for a not so big bathroom. Cleanliness was OK, only the shower wasn't entirely clean, nothing to worry about though. The staff in the lobby gave us a nice greeting everytime we went out or came back in. Storage of our luggage on the day we left was not a problem, and checkout went really fast. Lots of places to have breakfast or a quick snack on the way to the subway, and a nice restaurant adjecent & opposite the hotel. If there is a remark, it's about the elevators. There are only two of them, and no service elevator. That means in the morning, sometimes you'll have to wait a bit. We stayed for 5 days, but never had to wait longer then 1 minute. It probably feels longer while you're waiting :).
Overall experience was very good, and I would recommend this hotel to everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sitting on the cusp of trendy Chelsea and the picturesque Flatiron District Enjoy comfort at the newly renovated Holiday Inn Manhattan 6th-Ave Chelsea. Located in the heart of the Chelsea neighborhood, we are close enough to the action of the Big Apple, yet secluded enough to enjoy a quiet night's sleep. Attractions such as Times Square, Empire State Building, Flatiron Building, Chelsea Market, Herald Square and Macy's, Madison Square Garden, Broadway, and the Fashion Institute of Technology are within reach. Whatever your reason for coming to New York City, let us provide an experience you will never forget. Families and Corporate travelers alike will feel at home in our newly renovated lobby and restaurant space. Hotel amenities include a full-service restaurant and lounge, Prime Cafe, a 24-hour Business Center, 24-hour Fitness Center and complimentary high-speed Internet access. Want to stay in? Take advantage of our convenient room service. Feeling adventurous? Our on-site concierge is happy to secure sightseeing tour tickets, Broadway theatre tickets, shopping coupons and discounts, and even helicopter tours! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Nyc - Manhattan 6th Avenue Hotel New York City
- Holiday Inn New York City
- New York City Holiday Inn