“Perfect location, friendly staff.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea

You added Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea to your Saves list
Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   125 West 26th Street, New York City, NY 10001 (Chelsea)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #292 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Wuustwezel, Belgium
“Perfect location, friendly staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

The hotel is conveniently located in the center of Manhattan, in the middle of 26th street between 6th and 7th avenue. Only two blocks away from the subways 1,2&3 (Times Square in 5mins) and three blocks from subways B,D,F&M (8mins to Rockefeller Center)
The staff on arrival was very friendly, and although we arrived at noon, our view room on the 20th floor was already available. The room wasn't that big, but not cramped. Nice wide bed, but for me not long enough (I'm 1m92 or 6'3''). TV had more then enough channels, and the free wireless & wired internet worked like it should have, acceptable speed as well. The view from the room was excellent, with the Empire State Building and Chrysler Tower right in front. The bathroom had a big shower, hairdryer, toilet and a small sink. It was only a bit difficult to get in and out, because the door was too wide. We had to step inside around the toilet to close the door. A bit strange they used a door that wide for a not so big bathroom. Cleanliness was OK, only the shower wasn't entirely clean, nothing to worry about though. The staff in the lobby gave us a nice greeting everytime we went out or came back in. Storage of our luggage on the day we left was not a problem, and checkout went really fast. Lots of places to have breakfast or a quick snack on the way to the subway, and a nice restaurant adjecent & opposite the hotel. If there is a remark, it's about the elevators. There are only two of them, and no service elevator. That means in the morning, sometimes you'll have to wait a bit. We stayed for 5 days, but never had to wait longer then 1 minute. It probably feels longer while you're waiting :).
Overall experience was very good, and I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

We requested for a twin bedding room, but the hotel only had double bed on the first day so the friendly receptionist promised us a twin room for the next 3 days of our 4 day stay, which we gotten and were very greatful. Location is good but not great, about 15-20 min walk to times square, I would recommend staying closer to madison square garden area. Room abit small, toilet small too.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

This holiday inn was a major disappointment. The room was so small. There wasn’t a closet only a cupboard. I hung my coat and it didn’t close making it hard to walk past. And the bathroom was so small that you basically had to stand in the shower to open the door. Parking was quoted as $30 on the website but we were charged $40 because we had an SUV. When leaving I noticed a double room. If you plan to stay here ask for a double they looked a little bigger.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

BED BUGS!!!!! That pretty much explains it all. I stayed here for one night while I was on business, and slept in the hotel for a matter of 6 hrs due to my delayed flight. When I left the hotel and got on my flight home, I realized I had terrible itchy welts all over my upper body. I went to the dermatologist in complete agony, and fear that it could be the bed bugs, while itching uncontrollably! My dermatologist was 100% sure that it was bed bugs and that I have to had contracted them the night before in NYC! The hotel was clean at a glance but it was absolutely bed bugs! After being on steroids for a week to get this out of my system and the pure horror of disgust I will never stay at a low range hotel again in NY especially this one! To all of the business travelers out there, I was shy away from this Holiday Inn in NYC. After sending my complaint to the Holiday Inn Manager, I was supposed to be contacted for damages and have not heard back yet. This makes me think that they are more guilty. Don't worry, to exterminate they use a certain kind of dog that can smell them, so if you see a dog in this hotel with hotel staff.... you will know the issue was not taken care of. Safe travels from an itchy and frustrated traveler. Never again would I stay here!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

Would rate this hotel as average 2 star property.

Rooms are very much on small side. Beds are about 30" off the floor which is bit of shock to the body during the night. Little room other than for the beds.

Free fast Internet was good. View looked out on to a factory.

Bathroom on the small side. No bath but reasonable shower. No parking at hotel or nearby which was a drag especially at drop off. Coffee/Tea making provided. Room service fair priced selection.

Hotel common areas are kept clean. Reception staff are helpful and plenty of them so no having to wait. Had early checking, around 11am.

Heater keeps main room very warm but tends to result in cold bathroom area. Good TV with usual frustration of listing all the satellite channels that you can't access.

Would book again but think overpriced at £77 for what you get but guess that's New York.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

What an amazing city!!!!! It was my first trip to New York City and we had a room on the 23rd floor with view of the Empire State Building, just incredible! Although the room was pretty small (I guess that's something you have to expect in NYC if you don't want to spend a fortune on a suite) it had almost all the necessities...internet, coffeemaker (no safe though).
The staff was very friendly and helpful and the hotel is in walking distance of the subway (TIPP get a subwaypass for a week if you're staying long enough...it's a very quick and good way to travel). It's also in walking distance of Macy's if you don't mind a little walk...but that's the whole charm! I found walking was the best way of seeing the city!

All in all, a very pleasant stay and I will definitely be going back to this hotel!!!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Salem, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

An overall good hotel for the money, rooms and hallways were small like most people have already said but that wasn't a problem for us since we weren't in our room much at all. Everything was pretty much at a close enough distance for us to walk and the walk wasn't too terrible since there's so much to see along the way. The only complaints we had would be the cleanliness of one of the beds my friend slept on and a leaky sink. The front desk were quite friendly as well. We would probably definitely stay here again if we don't have the money to put down on a nicer place.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea? Share your experiences!