The staff at this hotel are exceptional! The front desk, the concierge, housekeeping-everyone is kind and helpful, willing to help with directions or transit advice. The restaurant serves outstanding 5 star quality meals and even the two brother bartenders are exceedingly friendly. I stayed on a sold out weekend and the hotel was packed. You'd never know it by the demeanor of the staff-they remained friendly and looked stress free although I'm sure they were. I read reviews about the elevators. We left the hotel very frequently several times a day and never had more than 2-3 minute wait for the elevators and the hotel was full that weekend. This is a great central location for sightseeing. Chelsea market downtown is a $5 taxi ride away, the harbor boat cruise about $4, Empire State walking distance, Theater district about $5 or a longer walking distance. The Met uptown is about $14 taxi or staff will assist with public transit directions. The subway from Penn Station a few blocks away has a direct subway train to the Cloisters. It's just a great central location and one of the best service oriented hotels I've ever stayed in. LOVE THEM!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sitting on the cusp of trendy Chelsea and the picturesque Flatiron District Enjoy comfort at the newly renovated Holiday Inn Manhattan 6th-Ave Chelsea. Located in the heart of the Chelsea neighborhood, we are close enough to the action of the Big Apple, yet secluded enough to enjoy a quiet night's sleep. Attractions such as Times Square, Empire State Building, Flatiron Building, Chelsea Market, Herald Square and Macy's, Madison Square Garden, Broadway, and the Fashion Institute of Technology are within reach. Whatever your reason for coming to New York City, let us provide an experience you will never forget. Families and Corporate travelers alike will feel at home in our newly renovated lobby and restaurant space. Hotel amenities include a full-service restaurant and lounge, Prime Cafe, a 24-hour Business Center, 24-hour Fitness Center and complimentary high-speed Internet access. Want to stay in? Take advantage of our convenient room service. Feeling adventurous? Our on-site concierge is happy to secure sightseeing tour tickets, Broadway theatre tickets, shopping coupons and discounts, and even helicopter tours! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Nyc - Manhattan 6th Avenue Hotel New York City
- Holiday Inn New York City
- New York City Holiday Inn