Let me start by saying it wasn't all bad..Pilar at the front door is the sweetest person you will meet. The staff in the restaurant are also extremely nice. We even had some great housekeepers but from there it's all down hill!! Elevators take you on average 5-15 min to get on and when you say something you get the run around about time delay. NOT the case, it is house keeping holding it up as it's their only way to get up and down. You press the button for your floor and it passes you by like 5 or 6 times...Also I believe the staff M-TH are a whole lot nicer than what you deal with on Friday. Just my opinion of course. Also be aware if you try to take the stairs it DOES NOT get you to the lobby...you have to go outside and around. Yup so if you are not dressed properly you are in trouble. Never have I had such a horrible experience trying to get to the lobby.
Food in the restaurant is very good, but beware of the different rules as far as their "Happy Hour" goes or you won't be happy when you get your tab. It is only in certain seats..yes you read that right..you have to be within the walls of the lounge. If you eat on patio or in what they consider dinning area you are charged FULL price. I have never heard of such a thing?
The room was adequate, nothing to big but very typical for NYC..and it was clean and quiet.
Now my service stars for for the fact that they didn't seem to care about the concerns of the elevator..they just blew me off!! Not good customer service at all there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New Hotel in Midtown Manhattan boasts state of the art new facilities. Enjoy comfort at the Holiday Inn Manhattan 6th Avenue in midtown Manhattan. This hotel is convenient to the JFK and LaGuardia airports and the attractions of NYC. Families looking for lodging in Manhattan are sure to enjoy staying at this New York City hotel, located on 26th Street with close proximity to many local attractions. Some of these attractions include Penn Station, the Statue of Liberty, Madison Square Garden, the Empire State Building, Times Square, Broadway, Herald Square, FIT, NYU, and Central Park. Corporate travelers are impressed by the convenience of our Manhattan accommodations. Situated in the business hub of New York City, our hotel is within walking distance of numerous large companies such as Motorola, Siemens, Metlife, IBM, Bank of America, Deloitte, JP Morgan Chase, Viacom, Verizon, Pfizer and Merrill Lynch. We are also close to Julliard, NYU and the Fashion Institute of Technology. In addition, our hotel offers a Business Center with fax, copying, printing and computer services, so you can stay in touch while you're on the road. Hotel amenities include a full-service restaurant and lounge, the Prime Cafe. While lodging at our midtown Manhattan hotel, you can keep up your daily routine by taking advantage of the 24-hour Fitness Center, or you can relax in the lounge and watch a game. Book your NYC hotel reservations now and save. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Nyc - Manhattan 6th Avenue Hotel New York City
- Holiday Inn New York City
- New York City Holiday Inn