Let me start by saying it wasn't all bad..Pilar at the front door is the sweetest person you will meet. The staff in the restaurant are also extremely nice. We even had some great housekeepers but from there it's all down hill!! Elevators take you on average 5-15 min to get on and when you say something you get the run around about time delay. NOT the case, it is house keeping holding it up as it's their only way to get up and down. You press the button for your floor and it passes you by like 5 or 6 times...Also I believe the staff M-TH are a whole lot nicer than what you deal with on Friday. Just my opinion of course. Also be aware if you try to take the stairs it DOES NOT get you to the lobby...you have to go outside and around. Yup so if you are not dressed properly you are in trouble. Never have I had such a horrible experience trying to get to the lobby.
Food in the restaurant is very good, but beware of the different rules as far as their "Happy Hour" goes or you won't be happy when you get your tab. It is only in certain seats..yes you read that right..you have to be within the walls of the lounge. If you eat on patio or in what they consider dinning area you are charged FULL price. I have never heard of such a thing?
The room was adequate, nothing to big but very typical for NYC..and it was clean and quiet.
Now my service stars for for the fact that they didn't seem to care about the concerns of the elevator..they just blew me off!! Not good customer service at all there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sitting on the cusp of trendy Chelsea and the picturesque Flatiron District Enjoy comfort at the newly renovated Holiday Inn Manhattan 6th-Ave Chelsea. Located in the heart of the Chelsea neighborhood, we are close enough to the action of the Big Apple, yet secluded enough to enjoy a quiet night's sleep. Attractions such as Times Square, Empire State Building, Flatiron Building, Chelsea Market, Herald Square and Macy's, Madison Square Garden, Broadway, and the Fashion Institute of Technology are within reach. Whatever your reason for coming to New York City, let us provide an experience you will never forget. Families and Corporate travelers alike will feel at home in our newly renovated lobby and restaurant space. Hotel amenities include a full-service restaurant and lounge, Prime Cafe, a 24-hour Business Center, 24-hour Fitness Center and complimentary high-speed Internet access. Want to stay in? Take advantage of our convenient room service. Feeling adventurous? Our on-site concierge is happy to secure sightseeing tour tickets, Broadway theatre tickets, shopping coupons and discounts, and even helicopter tours! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline and Orbitz so you can book your Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Nyc - Manhattan 6th Avenue Hotel New York City
- Holiday Inn New York City
- New York City Holiday Inn