“Completely satisfied ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea to your Saves list
Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   125 West 26th Street, New York City, NY 10001 (Chelsea)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Special New York Savings!
Ranked #292 of 453 Hotels in New York City
toronto
“Completely satisfied ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Great location because it was close enough to everything but far enough to not be in the middle of the hustle and bustle. I went with my 3 kids and stayed comfortably. yes...the elevators were slow and the bathroom was super small and showing some wear...but overall we enjoyed our stay . There were no safes in the rooms and the front desk had no boxes left to keep our passports but otherwise that ..we had no issues. I would recommend you go to the computer/business room in the basement and take advantage of all the coupons on the wall...( that was a hidden secret that saved us close to 20% on every tour we planned to take. I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in December, 2013. The staff was very nice and helpful,. The room was small but clean and fine for our needs. The location is great. It is close to many great restaurants and subway stops. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Western Ireland, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn 6th avenue for 7 nights last week. From the very beginning our stay was really great: the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, from the front desk staff who checked us in early with no fuss whatsoever, to the concierge who immediately took an interest in our plans and made great suggestions for activities, including helping us to book a boat trip and choosing the best day (weather-wise) to do it.
The hotel itself is modern and simply but attractively decorated. The reception area is small but there is a large seating area outside and a small bar and restaurant.
Our room was on the 20th floor - we'd requested an attractive view, and we got a room with a great view of the freedom tower, which was lovely. The room itself was small by European standards but slightly above average for a Manhattan hotel. It suited us perfectly to have 2 queen size beds, and the space between and around the beds was adequate for storage of suitcases etc. The wardrobe and drawer space was also more than adequate. The beds were exceptionally comfortable, with lots of small but fluffy(!) pillows. The large window was fitted with a blackout blind, which was great as it muffled the traffic noise from the street outside as well as the light.
The bathroom was basic and fairly small but perfectly clean, and hot water was available for showers and baths every time we needed it. The towels were in great condition, and toiletries were provided (can't comment on these as we brought our own).
The daily housekeeping service was perfect - our sheets were changed twice during our stay and towels changed daily.
The coffee machine in the room didn't work very well, but we didn't bother to ask for another as we loved the coffee shop on the corner of 26th and 6th! There was an ice and water machine, as well as other vending machines, a few steps away from our room.
The air con/heating system worked perfectly, which was appreciated given the extremely cold weather!
We ate breakfast in the hotel restaurant one morning and it was fine, not particularly to our taste but pretty standard fare and reasonably priced for a hotel breakfast. Another evening, we were exhausted and freezing after a long day of sight-seeing and didn't feel like leaving the hotel to eat, so headed downstairs expecting a similar standard of meal. I'm delighted to report that our dinner was delicious! I'd gladly eat in the hotel restaurant again. Lots of choice on the menu, well priced wine options (and they're half price for 'happy hour'), and a very efficient and pleasant waiter.
The location of this hotel is a major plus point: it's within easy walking distance of Penn station, Madison Square Park and the Flatiron building, Herald Square, a huge variety of delis, restaurants, bars, pharmacies, supermarkets - you name it, it's within 5-10 minutes of the hotel! Naturally it's also close to a number of Subway stops, which was very helpful.
Our flight home was in the late evening, so we were delighted to find that there was the facility to leave our luggage in a secure room til we were ready to leave for the airport. One of the receptionists kindly arranged a cab for us too.
All in all we felt very lucky to have chosen this Holiday Inn for our stay: it was cheap by Manhattan standards, and our stay was a pleasure from start to finish. The staff made everything easy for us. We'll be back, and having experienced other NYC hotels will be sure to recommend this one to anyone planning a visit to New York!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view! A higher floor will obviously have a better view. Speak to the concier...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Dear Tenille and Holiday Inn Manhattan 6th Ave Chelsea staff and all management,

Your staff has been cool, laid-back and wonderfully helpful people. Not a fancy hotel: So what, nobody stays in a hotel in NYC anyway. Clean and decent enough plus an awesome location (love to be able to walk down 5th Avenue to Washington Square Park and Soho/Village) - paired with your staff's attitude:

Good experience for even someone who's temporary home this is right now (aka not a tourist).

What made this an excellent experience - beyond any other hotel ever - was Tenille, who was most resourceful, friendliest person ever: A total life-saver. Thank you for helping!

P.S. Only one rotten apple (lady working with Tenille the day Tenille helped me). Sorry. Not cool and friendly at all.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
London uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

As a single traveller to New York the hotel was more than accommodating.

The staff were friendly and very helpful and even gave me a complementary City view room. I had a breakfast voucher for the time I was there which was excellent and set you up for the day.

The room was clean modern and we'll equipped and felt very safe. It was good to have a gym which was modern and had most of the equipment for my routine.

The front desk were particularly helpful when my shuttle bus did not appear organising a speedy cab to JFK airport.

Would have no hesitations in staying again being friendly, modern and clean.

• Stayed February 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my two teenage kids over presidents day weekend. I travel quite alot and have stayed in different hotels in nyc. Location is key for me and service. This hotel ticks every box on both those elements. The service in this hotel is excellent, we came for my daughter's birthday, not only did they provide us with a room with the best view they gave her a cupcake in a nice happy birthday bag! Small issue with not knowing they hold the money on your card at check in, but I feel this could have been better notified on booking.com. nice clean tidy rooms, not too big but to be expected in this city and the view more than compensated. Recommend to anyone realistic about expectations and well travelled enough to understand you get what you pay for

Mike W, General Manager at Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Hi Charlotte G, and thank you for your great review! Our Team is constantly looking for ways to create great experiences for our guests, and I am thrilled that our front desk Team recognized your daughter's birthday and made this a memorable stay. We hope to see you again for her birthday next year!!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

I stayed here for a night after staying one night at the Hilton a block away. The service was very friendly and thorough, from the greeters, through the call at the room 15 min after I arrived to ask if I need anything else, and allowing me to checkout later (1pm) upon my request. Better service than Hilton. Room was pretty spacious. That said, room didn't feel very clean. I could tell it has been cleaned, but cleaning lady forgot to flush the toilet after she cleaned it, sheets were stained (clean, but old stains), and towels were pretty rough of frequent use. I also really didn't like their bathroom products and was happy I brought my own. BUT will be back because of location, service and altogether good value.

• Stayed February 2014
Mike W, General Manager at Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Hi Lirilo - Thank you for sharing your experience with the world! We are thrilled that you recognized our high level of personal service we strive to provide. We really do pride ourselves on the great experiences we try to create for our guests. I apologize for the sheets and towels in your room. Please know this is not typical of the amenities we offer.

Please email me directly the next time you are in our area. My email is gm@hi-nyc.com. I'd love to personally handle your reservation.

Thank you!

Mike Williams, General Manager

Been to Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea? Share your experiences!