We live in Manhattan and know how to complain, but we found nothing to kvetch about with this Holiday Inn -- it was simply wonderful. When a cracked boiler and a week of harsh winter temperatures forced us to flee our apartment unexpectedly this week, we looked around desperately for a pet-friendly hotel so we could get the *entire* family out of the frozen zone. We booked a standard room for three nights at a very reasonable rate (especially for NYC and even with the $25 nightly fee for pets) and showed up a few hours later with weekend bags and a pair of rabbits in car carriers. The front-desk staff could not have been nicer and more efficient -- and quickly got us situated in a lovely room with an amazing view of the new World Trade Center downtown.
Yes, the rooms are small, but we're used to small here in New York City. The rooms are also clean, comfortable, very well maintained and on a quiet street in the northern part of Chelsea so you don't hear a lot of racket outside. You can get to both the 6th and 7th Avenue subways easily and there are plenty of great restaurants in the area (including the one connected to the hotel, which has a lively bar in the front and a quiet dining area in the back).
Our rabbits (who are litter-trained and very tidy) enjoyed the stay as well and we saw a few dogs in the lobby, so this is a great option for people traveling with pets. We weren't planning on having to flee to a hotel in the middle of the holiday season, but the Holiday Inn turned out to be the best part of the whole week and we now have a great place to recommend to friends and family coming to town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sitting on the cusp of trendy Chelsea and the picturesque Flatiron District Enjoy comfort at the newly renovated Holiday Inn Manhattan 6th-Ave Chelsea. Located in the heart of the Chelsea neighborhood, we are close enough to the action of the Big Apple, yet secluded enough to enjoy a quiet night's sleep. Attractions such as Times Square, Empire State Building, Flatiron Building, Chelsea Market, Herald Square and Macy's, Madison Square Garden, Broadway, and the Fashion Institute of Technology are within reach. Whatever your reason for coming to New York City, let us provide an experience you will never forget. Families and Corporate travelers alike will feel at home in our newly renovated lobby and restaurant space. Hotel amenities include a full-service restaurant and lounge, Prime Cafe, a 24-hour Business Center, 24-hour Fitness Center and complimentary high-speed Internet access. Want to stay in? Take advantage of our convenient room service. Feeling adventurous? Our on-site concierge is happy to secure sightseeing tour tickets, Broadway theatre tickets, shopping coupons and discounts, and even helicopter tours! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Nyc - Manhattan 6th Avenue Hotel New York City
- Holiday Inn New York City
- New York City Holiday Inn