Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea to your Saves list
Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   125 West 26th Street, New York City, NY 10001 (Chelsea)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #296 of 455 Hotels in New York City
New York City, New York
“Oasis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

We live in Manhattan and know how to complain, but we found nothing to kvetch about with this Holiday Inn -- it was simply wonderful. When a cracked boiler and a week of harsh winter temperatures forced us to flee our apartment unexpectedly this week, we looked around desperately for a pet-friendly hotel so we could get the *entire* family out of the frozen zone. We booked a standard room for three nights at a very reasonable rate (especially for NYC and even with the $25 nightly fee for pets) and showed up a few hours later with weekend bags and a pair of rabbits in car carriers. The front-desk staff could not have been nicer and more efficient -- and quickly got us situated in a lovely room with an amazing view of the new World Trade Center downtown.

Yes, the rooms are small, but we're used to small here in New York City. The rooms are also clean, comfortable, very well maintained and on a quiet street in the northern part of Chelsea so you don't hear a lot of racket outside. You can get to both the 6th and 7th Avenue subways easily and there are plenty of great restaurants in the area (including the one connected to the hotel, which has a lively bar in the front and a quiet dining area in the back).

Our rabbits (who are litter-trained and very tidy) enjoyed the stay as well and we saw a few dogs in the lobby, so this is a great option for people traveling with pets. We weren't planning on having to flee to a hotel in the middle of the holiday season, but the Holiday Inn turned out to be the best part of the whole week and we now have a great place to recommend to friends and family coming to town.

Room Tip: If you want some nice exterior photos to show off your New York City vacation, ask for a room on a h...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Tenerife, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

When I booked this hotel I was a bit apprehensive about the distance from the main attractions, it was not a problem Empire State only 6 blocks away and can be seen from the hotel. Lots of great shops and restaurants in Greenwich village just a couple of blocks in the other direction. We had a double double room which was snug but okay for my mum and myself. We got a deal for B&B which was a perfect start to the day. Would recommend this hotel, staff are very helpful and the restaurant good.

Room Tip: I think it has 24/25 floors, the higher the better for views.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights over thanksgiving with our three small children, room was what we expected, clean and tidy and well kept throughout our stay. We were on the 22nd floor and had a great veiw downtown to the world trade centre. The staff were top class, friendly and efficient and nothing was any bother to them, to my surprise the lifts were not slow, they done what they were supposed to do take you up and down, mabye we have super slow lifts in Scotland. A special mention goes to Maybole (hope I spelt your name correct), our kids really took to her and she was an absolute star to them, she was a breath if fresh air. If I was going to manhattan I would stay here again, thanks to everyone at the holiday inn, from front desk, maid service, bell boys, resteraunt staff and maintenance, also to the driver who took us to newark airport, you were top class as well, merry christmas everyone.

• Stayed November 2013
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I stayed here a few years ago and came back in Dec 2013 for a week. Great location steps from the subway, Madison Square Gardens, 5th Avenue and of course Chelsea. Very helpful staff, lovely clean hotel. The on site restaurant is good after a long day, or you can go to one of the many nearby places to eat. Breakfast was filling. My room was on a high floor over looking the back - I had a great view of the midtown skyline.

I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: High floor at the rear - good views and very quiet
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I stayed in this hotel last week for 7 nights with my mam and nana and I cannot fault it. The room was clean and was big enough for 3 of us for what we needed. The staff were lovely and very helpful and the café that is in the hotel is also very good. The location was perfect about 10 minutes walk from the Manhattan Mall and we walked from 6th avenue all the way down to ground zero perfect way to see the island. The hotel was not expensive and was well worth every penny we did pay. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is there to sight see and does not want to pay a fortune for their accommodation. overall it was PERFECT.!!!

Room Tip: swimming pool was closed when we were there however this does not affect my review.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this particular Holiday Inn for four nights at the end of November and we had a very comfortable and a surprisingly quiet stay. We found the staff on reception including the porters and concierge extremely professional, helpful and polite at all times. Breakfast was via a voucher system through our booking via British Airways and the breakfast was good and extremely filling. Our bedroom was on the 14th floor at the front of the hotel and the room was small but this was something that we found totally acceptable. It was something we expected based on some of the previous reviews but this was not an issue as we were only on a short break and when in NYC, who wants to spend lots of time in their bedroom? The location was perfect for us and we walked absolutely everywhere as all places were incredibly accessible. The bedroom and bathroom were extremely clean, which was a great comfort. It was also amazing being back in New York City for me having visited in 2001 and 2002. I don't know why I left it so long before returning. Would we return to this hotel? Yes, definitely.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors are no doubt much quieter than rooms closer to street level.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Very nice hotel with helpful staff and clean rooms. The only little issue I had was that my room was into the street and the window in my room had curtains only on sides of the window so I could not move them and had the street light in my room, I would prefer dark after early morning and busy day.
It's close to subway station, easy to get to the airport and not too far for nice walk to Times Square (about 15 minutes on streets with shops).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea? Share your experiences!