We live in Manhattan and know how to complain, but we found nothing to kvetch about with this Holiday Inn -- it was simply wonderful. When a cracked boiler and a week of harsh winter temperatures forced us to flee our apartment unexpectedly this week, we looked around desperately for a pet-friendly hotel so we could get the *entire* family out of the frozen zone. We booked a standard room for three nights at a very reasonable rate (especially for NYC and even with the $25 nightly fee for pets) and showed up a few hours later with weekend bags and a pair of rabbits in car carriers. The front-desk staff could not have been nicer and more efficient -- and quickly got us situated in a lovely room with an amazing view of the new World Trade Center downtown.
Yes, the rooms are small, but we're used to small here in New York City. The rooms are also clean, comfortable, very well maintained and on a quiet street in the northern part of Chelsea so you don't hear a lot of racket outside. You can get to both the 6th and 7th Avenue subways easily and there are plenty of great restaurants in the area (including the one connected to the hotel, which has a lively bar in the front and a quiet dining area in the back).
Our rabbits (who are litter-trained and very tidy) enjoyed the stay as well and we saw a few dogs in the lobby, so this is a great option for people traveling with pets. We weren't planning on having to flee to a hotel in the middle of the holiday season, but the Holiday Inn turned out to be the best part of the whole week and we now have a great place to recommend to friends and family coming to town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New Hotel in Midtown Manhattan boasts state of the art new facilities. Enjoy comfort at the Holiday Inn Manhattan 6th Avenue in midtown Manhattan. This hotel is convenient to the JFK and LaGuardia airports and the attractions of NYC. Families looking for lodging in Manhattan are sure to enjoy staying at this New York City hotel, located on 26th Street with close proximity to many local attractions. Some of these attractions include Penn Station, the Statue of Liberty, Madison Square Garden, the Empire State Building, Times Square, Broadway, Herald Square, FIT, NYU, and Central Park. Corporate travelers are impressed by the convenience of our Manhattan accommodations. Situated in the business hub of New York City, our hotel is within walking distance of numerous large companies such as Motorola, Siemens, Metlife, IBM, Bank of America, Deloitte, JP Morgan Chase, Viacom, Verizon, Pfizer and Merrill Lynch. We are also close to Julliard, NYU and the Fashion Institute of Technology. In addition, our hotel offers a Business Center with fax, copying, printing and computer services, so you can stay in touch while you're on the road. Hotel amenities include a full-service restaurant and lounge, the Prime Cafe. While lodging at our midtown Manhattan hotel, you can keep up your daily routine by taking advantage of the 24-hour Fitness Center, or you can relax in the lounge and watch a game. Book your NYC hotel reservations now and save. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Nyc - Manhattan 6th Avenue Hotel New York City
- Holiday Inn New York City
- New York City Holiday Inn