“Top of the rock” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea to your Saves list
Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   125 West 26th Street, New York City, NY 10001 (Chelsea)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Special New York Savings!
Ranked #295 of 453 Hotels in New York City
“Top of the rock”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights over thanksgiving with our three small children, room was what we expected, clean and tidy and well kept throughout our stay. We were on the 22nd floor and had a great veiw downtown to the world trade centre. The staff were top class, friendly and efficient and nothing was any bother to them, to my surprise the lifts were not slow, they done what they were supposed to do take you up and down, mabye we have super slow lifts in Scotland. A special mention goes to Maybole (hope I spelt your name correct), our kids really took to her and she was an absolute star to them, she was a breath if fresh air. If I was going to manhattan I would stay here again, thanks to everyone at the holiday inn, from front desk, maid service, bell boys, resteraunt staff and maintenance, also to the driver who took us to newark airport, you were top class as well, merry christmas everyone.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I stayed here a few years ago and came back in Dec 2013 for a week. Great location steps from the subway, Madison Square Gardens, 5th Avenue and of course Chelsea. Very helpful staff, lovely clean hotel. The on site restaurant is good after a long day, or you can go to one of the many nearby places to eat. Breakfast was filling. My room was on a high floor over looking the back - I had a great view of the midtown skyline.

I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: High floor at the rear - good views and very quiet
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I stayed in this hotel last week for 7 nights with my mam and nana and I cannot fault it. The room was clean and was big enough for 3 of us for what we needed. The staff were lovely and very helpful and the café that is in the hotel is also very good. The location was perfect about 10 minutes walk from the Manhattan Mall and we walked from 6th avenue all the way down to ground zero perfect way to see the island. The hotel was not expensive and was well worth every penny we did pay. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is there to sight see and does not want to pay a fortune for their accommodation. overall it was PERFECT.!!!

Room Tip: swimming pool was closed when we were there however this does not affect my review.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this particular Holiday Inn for four nights at the end of November and we had a very comfortable and a surprisingly quiet stay. We found the staff on reception including the porters and concierge extremely professional, helpful and polite at all times. Breakfast was via a voucher system through our booking via British Airways and the breakfast was good and extremely filling. Our bedroom was on the 14th floor at the front of the hotel and the room was small but this was something that we found totally acceptable. It was something we expected based on some of the previous reviews but this was not an issue as we were only on a short break and when in NYC, who wants to spend lots of time in their bedroom? The location was perfect for us and we walked absolutely everywhere as all places were incredibly accessible. The bedroom and bathroom were extremely clean, which was a great comfort. It was also amazing being back in New York City for me having visited in 2001 and 2002. I don't know why I left it so long before returning. Would we return to this hotel? Yes, definitely.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors are no doubt much quieter than rooms closer to street level.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Very nice hotel with helpful staff and clean rooms. The only little issue I had was that my room was into the street and the window in my room had curtains only on sides of the window so I could not move them and had the street light in my room, I would prefer dark after early morning and busy day.
It's close to subway station, easy to get to the airport and not too far for nice walk to Times Square (about 15 minutes on streets with shops).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Great location, clean. Had leaking toilet but was fixed quickly. Avoid booking the private airport car through the concierge - we were told by concierge that the price is inclusive of tips/tolls/etc however, the car driver charged us the quoted cost+tolls+credit card surcharge. Would have been better to get fixed price taxi which is inclusive of everything

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Mike W, General Manager at Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Hi An0n_person - Thank you for your honest review. I sincerely apologize for the issue with the car service that you booked. Our Team communicates the prices given to us by the car companies. Please email me directly at gm@hi-nyc.com so that I may investigate a bit more and see why you were not charged the promised rate.

Thank you.
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

The only thing good about this hotel was the location. I am in NYC almost monthly for work so I've stayed in my share of hotels and know what to expect, especially over a long weekend. The rooms were unsuitably small and the hotel staff was unprepared for the amount of visitors over a busy time. The elevator broke down on Sunday and we had to wait over 30 minutes to get downstairs- my sister is 7 months pregnant and couldn't take 18 flights of stairs down. I understand some issues are unavoidable and the front desk was very pleasant (I felt so bad - the man and woman at the desk were very nice, I wouldn't want to deal with that type of situation!) but I do wish it could have been rectified in some way. Great location but I will never stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hi siegydiegs - Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the issue you experienced with our elevators during your stay. One elevator did go down unexpectedly, and our elevator service company was able to get it back up and running safely. I am glad our front desk staff was able to pleasantly handle this situation. Please reach out to me directly at gm@hi-nyc.com if you would like to try us again. I know we can make up for your last experience.

Thank you.

Been to Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea? Share your experiences!