“Clean, helpful staff and a great location!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea to your Saves list
Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   125 West 26th Street, New York City, NY 10001 (Chelsea)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Special New York Savings!
Ranked #296 of 453 Hotels in New York City
“Clean, helpful staff and a great location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this particular Holiday Inn for four nights at the end of November and we had a very comfortable and a surprisingly quiet stay. We found the staff on reception including the porters and concierge extremely professional, helpful and polite at all times. Breakfast was via a voucher system through our booking via British Airways and the breakfast was good and extremely filling. Our bedroom was on the 14th floor at the front of the hotel and the room was small but this was something that we found totally acceptable. It was something we expected based on some of the previous reviews but this was not an issue as we were only on a short break and when in NYC, who wants to spend lots of time in their bedroom? The location was perfect for us and we walked absolutely everywhere as all places were incredibly accessible. The bedroom and bathroom were extremely clean, which was a great comfort. It was also amazing being back in New York City for me having visited in 2001 and 2002. I don't know why I left it so long before returning. Would we return to this hotel? Yes, definitely.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors are no doubt much quieter than rooms closer to street level.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Very nice hotel with helpful staff and clean rooms. The only little issue I had was that my room was into the street and the window in my room had curtains only on sides of the window so I could not move them and had the street light in my room, I would prefer dark after early morning and busy day.
It's close to subway station, easy to get to the airport and not too far for nice walk to Times Square (about 15 minutes on streets with shops).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Great location, clean. Had leaking toilet but was fixed quickly. Avoid booking the private airport car through the concierge - we were told by concierge that the price is inclusive of tips/tolls/etc however, the car driver charged us the quoted cost+tolls+credit card surcharge. Would have been better to get fixed price taxi which is inclusive of everything

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Mike W, General Manager at Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Hi An0n_person - Thank you for your honest review. I sincerely apologize for the issue with the car service that you booked. Our Team communicates the prices given to us by the car companies. Please email me directly at gm@hi-nyc.com so that I may investigate a bit more and see why you were not charged the promised rate.

Thank you.
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

The only thing good about this hotel was the location. I am in NYC almost monthly for work so I've stayed in my share of hotels and know what to expect, especially over a long weekend. The rooms were unsuitably small and the hotel staff was unprepared for the amount of visitors over a busy time. The elevator broke down on Sunday and we had to wait over 30 minutes to get downstairs- my sister is 7 months pregnant and couldn't take 18 flights of stairs down. I understand some issues are unavoidable and the front desk was very pleasant (I felt so bad - the man and woman at the desk were very nice, I wouldn't want to deal with that type of situation!) but I do wish it could have been rectified in some way. Great location but I will never stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hi siegydiegs - Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the issue you experienced with our elevators during your stay. One elevator did go down unexpectedly, and our elevator service company was able to get it back up and running safely. I am glad our front desk staff was able to pleasantly handle this situation. Please reach out to me directly at gm@hi-nyc.com if you would like to try us again. I know we can make up for your last experience.

Thank you.
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Stayed here a few weeks ago for a short business trip to NYC. The hotel is conveniently located on 26th street and is close to many different attractions. The room was not large but overall bigger than many rooms I have had in NYC. It had recently been renovated and had a nice new bathroom and all new furniture. Overall very cozy. I had a room in the back which was nice and quiet but you give up any sort of view, just looked out on buildings but I will take that any day over the noise of the street all night!
The staff were all very friendly and the restaurant next door was a nice plus, everyone there couldn't have been nicer and the food was good.
No breakfast included but there was a coffee pot in the room, and a good bagel shop not too far away. (Brooklyn Bagels 25th and 8ave)
If you are looking for something with some personality this won't be for you, it was a pretty standard place, you could be anywhere. But I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, if the price was right.

Room Tip: It looks like some rooms might have better views, but if you want it quiet I would get a room at the...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Hi spcohio - Thank you for your honest review of our hotel. We are thrilled that you were able to take advantage of our great location! Our restaurant Team is also thrilled to know you loved the food and the service! Thank you for the kind words. We hope to see you the next time you are in the Chelsea neighborhood. Happy Holidays!
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Well positioned for major sights. The room was small, but it was cleaned well every day and the beds were comfortable.
Breakfast was included in our deal, but this was a rather hit/miss affair. The restaurant manager was great but she seemed to be the only one with any drive and she appeared to be doing all the work. I had emailed the hotel to inform them I needed gluten free - but they did seem to find this quite difficult to cater for. I ended up taking my own bread! A pleasant stay, and fine for a tourist's bed for the night.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Mike W, General Manager at Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Hi KikiLou22, and thank you for your feedback! We are thrilled that you found our hotel so comfortable. I will pass along your comments to our Restaurant Team. We often have many guests who prefer gluten-free items, and we are always able to accommodate. I apologize that this was note the case during the entire length of your stay.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to see you again soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Good location, nice bed and really quiet. But the room is small, pillows aren´t good and sheets and towels are old. Besides that the staff is very nice and helpful. It´s a cheap hotel for NYC. Don´t expect much.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Mike W, General Manager at Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Hi Flavia C - Thank you for sharing your experience. Please reach out to me directly at gm@hi-nyc.com so that I may investigate the details of your stay a bit closer. A great night's sleep is very important! I want to ensure we track down any old sheets/pillows/towels. Thank you!

Been to Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea? Share your experiences!