Stayed here during our first visit to NYC for 5 nights. We booked this hotel as a family of three (two seniors and one adult). None of us is extremely tall, actually two of us are shorter than 1.55 meters/5.0 feet).
The great factors:
- Great location (Chelsea).
- Friendly staff. Some of them were genuinely friendly. With genuine I mean really helpful which is something different than the drilled plastic fantastic American customer service. (Sorry, I am European and I can't help to say that).
- Being member of their loyalty program meant arranging a late check-out smoothly.
The unattractive factors:
- The room (high floor with extra charge for city view!) was very very small. We actually had no space to put our three suitcases. The room is advertised as a 'double bed' but please keep in mind that this is NOT a queen bed. The beds are actually very very small! (Which is unbelievable since 70% of Americans are overweight!).
- Sleep quality was simply horrible. Not only were the beds small but the quality of the matrasses was hideous. We felt like we were sleeping in hammocks which resulted in back pain during our entire stay.
- Because some technical problems there was no hot warm to shower with during two days.
Naturally we did file several complaints. The reception staff was friendly and did 'compensate' us with 1 complimentary breakfast voucher. But lets be honest: can you consider vouchers worth 45 US dollars a fair compensation? We certainly don't think so! Just for the record: the total bill was almost 2000 US dollars. We would have been more charmed by an upgraded room or a discount. We don't feel Holiday Inn has a very strong customer service damage control attitude/policy.
In all honesty: I still have to write a formal complaint letter to the hotel stating the above. Maybe, just maybe, their reply will surprise me and make me update this review. We'll see. As for now we are clear on never staying at this particular Holiday Inn again and we're considering cancelling our loyalty membership!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sitting on the cusp of trendy Chelsea and the picturesque Flatiron District Enjoy comfort at the newly renovated Holiday Inn Manhattan 6th-Ave Chelsea. Located in the heart of the Chelsea neighborhood, we are close enough to the action of the Big Apple, yet secluded enough to enjoy a quiet night's sleep. Attractions such as Times Square, Empire State Building, Flatiron Building, Chelsea Market, Herald Square and Macy's, Madison Square Garden, Broadway, and the Fashion Institute of Technology are within reach. Whatever your reason for coming to New York City, let us provide an experience you will never forget. Families and Corporate travelers alike will feel at home in our newly renovated lobby and restaurant space. Hotel amenities include a full-service restaurant and lounge, Prime Cafe, a 24-hour Business Center, 24-hour Fitness Center and complimentary high-speed Internet access. Want to stay in? Take advantage of our convenient room service. Feeling adventurous? Our on-site concierge is happy to secure sightseeing tour tickets, Broadway theatre tickets, shopping coupons and discounts, and even helicopter tours! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Nyc - Manhattan 6th Avenue Hotel New York City
- Holiday Inn New York City
- New York City Holiday Inn