Stayed here during our first visit to NYC for 5 nights. We booked this hotel as a family of three (two seniors and one adult). None of us is extremely tall, actually two of us are shorter than 1.55 meters/5.0 feet).
The great factors:
- Great location (Chelsea).
- Friendly staff. Some of them were genuinely friendly. With genuine I mean really helpful which is something different than the drilled plastic fantastic American customer service. (Sorry, I am European and I can't help to say that).
- Being member of their loyalty program meant arranging a late check-out smoothly.
The unattractive factors:
- The room (high floor with extra charge for city view!) was very very small. We actually had no space to put our three suitcases. The room is advertised as a 'double bed' but please keep in mind that this is NOT a queen bed. The beds are actually very very small! (Which is unbelievable since 70% of Americans are overweight!).
- Sleep quality was simply horrible. Not only were the beds small but the quality of the matrasses was hideous. We felt like we were sleeping in hammocks which resulted in back pain during our entire stay.
- Because some technical problems there was no hot warm to shower with during two days.
Naturally we did file several complaints. The reception staff was friendly and did 'compensate' us with 1 complimentary breakfast voucher. But lets be honest: can you consider vouchers worth 45 US dollars a fair compensation? We certainly don't think so! Just for the record: the total bill was almost 2000 US dollars. We would have been more charmed by an upgraded room or a discount. We don't feel Holiday Inn has a very strong customer service damage control attitude/policy.
In all honesty: I still have to write a formal complaint letter to the hotel stating the above. Maybe, just maybe, their reply will surprise me and make me update this review. We'll see. As for now we are clear on never staying at this particular Holiday Inn again and we're considering cancelling our loyalty membership!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New Hotel in Midtown Manhattan boasts state of the art new facilities. Enjoy comfort at the Holiday Inn Manhattan 6th Avenue in midtown Manhattan. This hotel is convenient to the JFK and LaGuardia airports and the attractions of NYC. Families looking for lodging in Manhattan are sure to enjoy staying at this New York City hotel, located on 26th Street with close proximity to many local attractions. Some of these attractions include Penn Station, the Statue of Liberty, Madison Square Garden, the Empire State Building, Times Square, Broadway, Herald Square, FIT, NYU, and Central Park. Corporate travelers are impressed by the convenience of our Manhattan accommodations. Situated in the business hub of New York City, our hotel is within walking distance of numerous large companies such as Motorola, Siemens, Metlife, IBM, Bank of America, Deloitte, JP Morgan Chase, Viacom, Verizon, Pfizer and Merrill Lynch. We are also close to Julliard, NYU and the Fashion Institute of Technology. In addition, our hotel offers a Business Center with fax, copying, printing and computer services, so you can stay in touch while you're on the road. Hotel amenities include a full-service restaurant and lounge, the Prime Cafe. While lodging at our midtown Manhattan hotel, you can keep up your daily routine by taking advantage of the 24-hour Fitness Center, or you can relax in the lounge and watch a game. Book your NYC hotel reservations now and save. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Nyc - Manhattan 6th Avenue Hotel New York City
- Holiday Inn New York City
- New York City Holiday Inn