We had a prepaid reservation for 8 nights in that hotel. When we arrived at 10pm, we couldn’t open the door of our room with the given cards. They couldn’t fix it so they gave us another room.
Once in the room, we discovered an empty bag of chips in the corner, an air con covered with dust and hairs on the sheets.
So we complained and they gave us another room the next day. When we had a shower the following morning, there was not hot water, which is not very agreeable at this period of the year. We told them and they apologized saying they would transfer us into a much better room. We were very surprised when we discovered that this better room was smaller, and without a bathtub, than the one we had paid for. So they finally gave us a similar room. Two days later, it was impossible to have the wifi connection with two different ipads. As they couldn’t solve the problem they put me through to the internet provider technician who found a solution after 15 minutes on the phone; as if I was the one who was supposed to solve that thing. One more time, a morning without hot water the next day. I asked to meet the manager/supervisor but it seemed impossible, the man in charge at the front desk offered us two free breakfasts to apologize, which we obviously refused. It is evident that if the reservation hadn’t been prepaid we would have left the place after two days.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Nyc - Manhattan 6th Avenue Hotel New York City
- Holiday Inn Nyc - Manhattan 6th Avenue Hotel
- Holiday Inn Nyc
- Holiday Inn New York City
- New York City Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New Hotel in Midtown Manhattan boasts state of the art new facilities. Enjoy comfort at the Holiday Inn Manhattan 6th Avenue in midtown Manhattan. This hotel is convenient to the JFK and LaGuardia airports and the attractions of NYC. Families looking for lodging in Manhattan are sure to enjoy staying at this New York City hotel, located on 26th Street with close proximity to many local attractions. Some of these attractions include Penn Station, the Statue of Liberty, Madison Square Garden, the Empire State Building, Times Square, Broadway, Herald Square, FIT, NYU, and Central Park. Corporate travelers are impressed by the convenience of our Manhattan accommodations. Situated in the business hub of New York City, our hotel is within walking distance of numerous large companies such as Motorola, Siemens, Metlife, IBM, Bank of America, Deloitte, JP Morgan Chase, Viacom, Verizon, Pfizer and Merrill Lynch. We are also close to Julliard, NYU and the Fashion Institute of Technology. In addition, our hotel offers a Business Center with fax, copying, printing and computer services, so you can stay in touch while you're on the road. Hotel amenities include a full-service restaurant and lounge, the Prime Cafe. While lodging at our midtown Manhattan hotel, you can keep up your daily routine by taking advantage of the 24-hour Fitness Center, or you can relax in the lounge and watch a game. Book your NYC hotel reservations now and save. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.