We had a prepaid reservation for 8 nights in that hotel. When we arrived at 10pm, we couldn’t open the door of our room with the given cards. They couldn’t fix it so they gave us another room.
Once in the room, we discovered an empty bag of chips in the corner, an air con covered with dust and hairs on the sheets.
So we complained and they gave us another room the next day. When we had a shower the following morning, there was not hot water, which is not very agreeable at this period of the year. We told them and they apologized saying they would transfer us into a much better room. We were very surprised when we discovered that this better room was smaller, and without a bathtub, than the one we had paid for. So they finally gave us a similar room. Two days later, it was impossible to have the wifi connection with two different ipads. As they couldn’t solve the problem they put me through to the internet provider technician who found a solution after 15 minutes on the phone; as if I was the one who was supposed to solve that thing. One more time, a morning without hot water the next day. I asked to meet the manager/supervisor but it seemed impossible, the man in charge at the front desk offered us two free breakfasts to apologize, which we obviously refused. It is evident that if the reservation hadn’t been prepaid we would have left the place after two days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sitting on the cusp of trendy Chelsea and the picturesque Flatiron District Enjoy comfort at the newly renovated Holiday Inn Manhattan 6th-Ave Chelsea. Located in the heart of the Chelsea neighborhood, we are close enough to the action of the Big Apple, yet secluded enough to enjoy a quiet night's sleep. Attractions such as Times Square, Empire State Building, Flatiron Building, Chelsea Market, Herald Square and Macy's, Madison Square Garden, Broadway, and the Fashion Institute of Technology are within reach. Whatever your reason for coming to New York City, let us provide an experience you will never forget. Families and Corporate travelers alike will feel at home in our newly renovated lobby and restaurant space. Hotel amenities include a full-service restaurant and lounge, Prime Cafe, a 24-hour Business Center, 24-hour Fitness Center and complimentary high-speed Internet access. Want to stay in? Take advantage of our convenient room service. Feeling adventurous? Our on-site concierge is happy to secure sightseeing tour tickets, Broadway theatre tickets, shopping coupons and discounts, and even helicopter tours! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Otel, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Nyc - Manhattan 6th Avenue Hotel New York City
- Holiday Inn New York City
- New York City Holiday Inn