This was my fourth visit in four months. I thought I liked this property until last night. When going up the elevator to my room, an underage prostitute and her pimp were negotiating her services and prices with the john. To my horror, they got off on my floor and were directly across from my room. I immediately called security. They did nothing. I called back in ten minutes. They did nothing. I reported the incident to Nicole at the front desk in the morning. She assured me management would contact me. They did not. Upon returning to my room this evening -- I was confronted by the goons in the room across from me AGAIN. My key card didn't work and I had to flee to the lobby for safety. I AGAIN told them what had transpired and had security escort me to my room. The goons came out of their room AGAIN to confront me but left when they saw I was with security.
I have secured a room at the Hilton across the street for the remainder of my business trip
Management does not provide a safe environment and does not address security issues. Do not stay at this property.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Nyc - Manhattan 6th Avenue Hotel New York City
- Holiday Inn Nyc - Manhattan 6th Avenue Hotel
- Holiday Inn Nyc
- Holiday Inn New York City
- New York City Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New Hotel in Midtown Manhattan boasts state of the art new facilities. Enjoy comfort at the Holiday Inn Manhattan 6th Avenue in midtown Manhattan. This hotel is convenient to the JFK and LaGuardia airports and the attractions of NYC. Families looking for lodging in Manhattan are sure to enjoy staying at this New York City hotel, located on 26th Street with close proximity to many local attractions. Some of these attractions include Penn Station, the Statue of Liberty, Madison Square Garden, the Empire State Building, Times Square, Broadway, Herald Square, FIT, NYU, and Central Park. Corporate travelers are impressed by the convenience of our Manhattan accommodations. Situated in the business hub of New York City, our hotel is within walking distance of numerous large companies such as Motorola, Siemens, Metlife, IBM, Bank of America, Deloitte, JP Morgan Chase, Viacom, Verizon, Pfizer and Merrill Lynch. We are also close to Julliard, NYU and the Fashion Institute of Technology. In addition, our hotel offers a Business Center with fax, copying, printing and computer services, so you can stay in touch while you're on the road. Hotel amenities include a full-service restaurant and lounge, the Prime Cafe. While lodging at our midtown Manhattan hotel, you can keep up your daily routine by taking advantage of the 24-hour Fitness Center, or you can relax in the lounge and watch a game. Book your NYC hotel reservations now and save. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.