“Oh such friendly hotel!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea

You added Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea to your Saves list
Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   125 West 26th Street, New York City, NY 10001 (Chelsea)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #307 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Nairobi, Kenya
“Oh such friendly hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

No - the rooms are not big. What to expect? But its well located. Concierge suggested dinner across the street at TreDici - good choice!
CheckIn staff brilliantly happy. Concierge service quicker than the lightning.
Good bed to sleep in. And i can not complain about the elevators as others do... waited 30 secs max.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

A great location close to shopping, ten min walk to Times Sq. My wife and I stayed first night in a hotel next to Central Park. It felt far from action. This is a hotel who wants to feel all the action in the town, and relatively quiet. Breakfast is included - not a standard in NYC. Yes, reviews are correct, rooms are small, and breakfast area is cramped in the mornings, but come on, let's be fair, there is sausage, egg, waffles, toasted bread. Felt almost like full english breakfast. And rooms? Clean, tidy, and quiet. Yes, small. But how long do you intend to stay indoors while all action is at your doorstep from this great vfm hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed in the Holiday Inn for 6 nights. Arriving in Penn Station the hotel is about 9 blocks away very easy to get to from 7th Avenue, situated between 6th and 7th. I managed to get one of the top floor rooms due to the help of the guy on the desk, I had originally been put into a smoking room on 2nd floor (I don't smoke) but he managed to move me the day before I arrived. 100% worth it for views, straight out onto Empire State and Chrysler Building. Overall hotel was brilliant, everyone who worked there was friendly and always ready to help us with any questions we had. Yes the lift is slow but you only need to wait for it a couple of minutes and then you are at your floor. The breakfast area in inside the hotel, not across the road like we thought it was. My parents had coupons but I usually paid every day, not too expensive but recommend getting coupons to save money. Lots of places to eat nearby and easy to get to subways and sights too though we mostly walked everywhere. Great visit and would happily stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We have been to New York City a couple of times before and I have to say Holiday Inn Chelsea is it! We were a little nervous about it since the room was booked randomly through Hotwire but it turned out to be a really great stay! This hotel was close to everything. We were in New York City for my sisters birthday party and when we needed things to do the Concierge and Front Desk were really helpful! I remember David especially. He was really awesome (and really cute too!) He gave us a room with an Empire State view. If you stay at this hotel you just have to stay in this room. I have never seen the Empire State Building like that before! The rooms are really small but what can you expect, its New York City. They were clean and that is all we needed.
After all we were really surprised with the service at the hotel, the restaurants happy hour was perfect, and the staff was awesome. We definitely will be back! Thanks Holiday inn Chelsea!!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We visited New York City during the US Tennis Open. We stayed at holiday inn because we had sufficient priority points for a discounted stay. We found this hotel to be convenient to other city sites. It was clean and fairly well maintained. The biggest negative is no on site parking. They had a relationship with a parking garage down the street, which was not open 24 hours a day.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

My room was small, but functional - the bedsheets were real cotton, the shower worked well, the internet and TV worked well. The room basically looked like any other Holiday Inn (a plus, in my opinion), except that it was quite a bit smaller.

For example the desk was so small and cramped that I ended up doing whatever work I had to do while laying on the bed, propped up on the pillows. I had a king-size bed but was staying solo, so half of the bed effectively functioned as my desk.

The rest of the hotel also mirrors this philosophy - it is basically a front desk, two elevators, and a bunch of rooms. There is no lobby or lounge area to speak of, and the "fitness center" is just a tiny closet in the basement with a few machines. The elevators work well, but are a bit slow given the number of guests, and the fact that the cleaning staff also use them (there is no service elevator).

There is a restaurant attached to the hotel, which is not bad actually, and you get vouchers to eat breakfast there as part of your room bill. Again, it's a bit tight - and you don't necessarily feel like you can sit there for hours reading the paper - but it actually is a full-service restaurant, as opposed to the crappy little automated breakfast areas in other Holiday Inns.

Overall I was pretty happy here - I was looking for a simple place with good access to Chelsea and Midtown. I don't like the whole "fake Victorian look" of B&B's and so I was happy with the Holiday Inn style. I would have been happier with a larger room, but I was able to manage. And the view from my room was beautiful - all the way down to the new World Trade Center tower and West to the Hudson river.

Room Tip: There are two categories of rooms at this hotel, "city view" (the upper floors) and then t...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

The service is excellent, the food in the restaurant is great and the bartender is awesome and a great asset to the hotel. The front desk staff is always warm and friendly and goes above and beyond and definitely made me feel welcome. If I did have a problem(which only happened once and it was a minor issue), the manager on duty at the desk took care of it immediately and even placed a follow up call to make sure everything was ok. Thats what I call service! The rooms are very clean and spacious and the rates are just right. Transportation is just 1 block from the hotel and 5 mins into Manhattan.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea? Share your experiences!