“nice rooms but bad breakfast” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Times Square South

You added Comfort Inn Times Square South to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Times Square South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   305 W 39th St, (39th St and 8th Ave), New York City, NY 10018 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #225 of 458 Hotels in New York City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Wonder little place, very close to Time Square. Rooms are small but that is typical for nyc. Room was very clean and comfortable. Staff was wonderful in taking care of our needs. We would recommend this hotel to our friends and relatives.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
timessquare_gm, General Manager at Comfort Inn Times Square South, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you so much!!

We love our guests and are so happy you enjoyed our New York City hospitality!! Come back soon and enjoy the lovely Fall season and holiday spirit!!..We may even have Pumpkin Spice Waffles on the menu!

Kind regards,

The Comfort Inn Times Square South Team!!
cheshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

this is the second time we have been to New York and second hotel we have stayed in. It says Times Square, but it isn't that close we had to do quite a bit of walking to get to times square. It was clean, but a bit dated, could do with updating a bit. Don't think I would use it again..

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest!

How about coming back and seeing how comfortable and happy we can make your return visit! I will take the liberty of calling you to see when you would like to come back and reserve your room directly.

Kind regards,

The Comfort Inn Times Square South Team (and GM!!)
Keller, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We looked at a lot of places near the theater district and this was by far the least expensive and it included a good breakfaast which in NYC can be expensive. It is very close to all theaters, times square and the subway. This will be the first hotel we look at for our next trip to NYC

Room Tip: We chose high floor and in back and it was very quiet. Elevators are slow but not a real problem.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Cloud, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I needed A hotel for one nite and did a search for a hotel close to where I needed to be. So that is why I picked Comfort Inn Times Square South.

First the good:
1. Location. a few minute walk from where I needed to be.
2. The room, bedding, floors and bathroom was clean. I even looked under the mattress sheet to check the mattress its self and the mattress was in one of those mattress covers, also new and clean.
3. the Bed, pillows seemed OK to me.
4. With the exception of the AC unit, it was quiet.
5. The shower water pressure was good and hot water was good.
6. Fast check in, fast check out.
7. Free breakfast

Now the bad.
1. There was NO ANSWER when I call using the phone # on my confirmation email, I tried many times, wanted to confirm the check in time, had to hope for the best when I got there. I told the desk and they were surprised to hear the number did not work
2. The room was small! It was so small, that the AC/heat unit TOUCHED the bed with NO space, not a concern for me as I used it in the cool mode, but I would have concern if its used in heat mode, I can just imagine the bed going on fire? Probably not but just passing on the info.
3. The alarm clock was broken. Its a good thing I tested it the nigh before to find out it did not work, had to use iPhone alarm clock app :)
4. The through the Wall AC/heat unit was noisy, but I was able to sleep through it.
5. They use satellite TV and it went out for a time due to a storm, I just wanted to relax and watch some senseless TV and could not.
6. The shower curtain was NOT a shower curtain! a LOT of water ended up on the floor! I sopped it up with towels, but I can imagine the water has to leak to lower floors.
7. I think the rate was a little high - 345 a night.

Not upset by my stay, it did the job, not trying to bash the place, just observe and reporting. If you are in the Times Square area and you need a place to sleep and free breakfast, I guess its OK.

Room Tip: 14 floor seemed quiet, no street noise
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We stayed here for 1 week in July. The room was smaller than expected, but the beds were quite comfortable (minus the tiny pillows). If you want to be near Times Square this is the perfect location. Also close to Chelsea which has alot of restaurants/bars that more affordable than Times Square.

Positives:
- good location if you want to be close to Times Square
- comfortable beds
- clean
- friendly staff
- included variety of breakfast
- free wifi

Negatives:
- small room
- breakfast area was very small. Not enough tables so lots of people had to eat breakfast on the floor or take meals back to their rooms.
- my cousin was overcharged so make sure you check your online bank statement.
- service could have been better e.g. didn't provide us with new towels on some days

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
timessquare_gm, General Manager at Comfort Inn Times Square South, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Guest!!

Thank you so much for writing in!! We offer a very clean and comfortable product!! Please come back and see the changes we have made. The lobby had a refurbishment done and we will soon have a new dining set up for the breakfast area!!!

This is a great time of year to come back to New York City!!

The Comfort Inn Times Square South Team

Been to Comfort Inn Times Square South? Share your experiences!