“The View is great!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The View Restaurant

The View Restaurant
1535 Broadway, New York Marriott Marquis, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)
+1 212-704-8900
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The View Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,270 of 11,771 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Continental
Good for: Romance, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Buffet, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: 45th Street and Broadway
Transit: N,R to 49th Street, 1,2,3,9 to Times Square and A,C,E to 42nd Street. Buses: M7, M42, M10
Description: Perched atop the hotel, the View Restaurant & Lounge is New York City's only revolving rooftop restaurant. Enjoy a breathtaking 360 view from the heart of the Times Square Theatre District amid an all-encompassing dining experience. The seasonally changing "New American Cuisine" features the best products from artisanal producers including top quality steaks, chops and seafood. Prix-Fixe Dinner. Please join us for Sunday Mimosa Brunch from 10:00am - 1:30pm, $59 per person, including two mimosas for each adult guest. Please note: Reservations can only be made for dining in our restaurant; the lounge is first come; first seated. Thank you! Also contact us directly for details on our all-new Broadway Lounge with panoramic Times Square views, Crossroads American Kitchen & Bar, our elegant Concierge Lounge and our 100,000+ square feet of meeting space.
Marlow, United Kingdom
“The View is great!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

This was our honeymoon hotel, We started with a cocktail in the bar, before going through to the restaurant. The views from the revolving restaurant are outstanding. The staff were aware it was a special occasion and were attentive without being intrusive. They brought us a couple of complimentary glasses of champagne and offered to take photos. For such a great location, we thought the food and menu choice were fairly ordinary. Nothing wrong with it but just a bit 'ordinary' for the price.

Visited March 2014
David S, Guest Relations Manager at The View Restaurant, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for your great comments about our view and staff. I am happy to hear that you we were part of your great memories. We hope to see you back in the near future. Have a great day!

“Give it a miss”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I stayed in the hotel for a week and on second last day, we booked table in the view. It was night time meal. View was okay. Couldn't see times square because of the way hotel is built. Told by waiter it was set menu, which shocked me a bit for a high class hotel.
But we stayed to give it a try. Menu was not great, I ended up getting main of venison, and girlfriend got chicken. Not a huge selection of mains. Venison was 2 tiny pieces, but that's the portion size so I can't complain. It was warm, not hot, but I was hungry so ate it. Girlfriend had to give hers back as it was cold. So I had mine finished before she got hers back.
For dessert I got the cheesecake. I ate cheesecake all week in new York, even from small diners, and all tasted great. This tasted Ok. Tasted like it was frozen and just defrosted on the day. Not good at all. Easily the worst cheesecake I had tasted all week.
Overall it was a really bad experience. The 3 waiters/ hosts didn't really do much. They looked like they didn't want to be there at all. Not a single smile from any of them. And we spotted why the food was coming to us cold. The food came up to the restaurant by a little dumb waiter, and taken out and left on a trolley. One waiter went over to the same trolley 3 times to look at the plates and then eventually took 2 of the plates to a table. Within 5 minutes, the table called the waiter to get the food heated up. So guessing that's what happened to ours too. The table of 3 beside us, were all very unimpressed with the food and service too. I have stayed in marriott hotels all over the world, I think they are amazing, but this experience was the worst i have ever had. And as someone else mentioned, the waiter was only interested in whether he could put his 18% tip on the bill. In summary, mediocre food, bad service and never again. Stay in the hotel, but eat elsewhere.

David S, Guest Relations Manager at The View Restaurant, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you for joining us for dinner and I am sorry that you did not have a great experience with us. We strive to give our guest a memorable experience and I apologize that we did not achieve our goal. If you would like to further discuss this matter, please give our View managers a call at 212-398-1900. Thank you.
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Fantastic, Delicious & worth every penny!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

We recently visited on a Saturday night, for my sisters 21st Birthday. We were a family of 4 adults & had a table booked for 7.30pm.

We arrived on time & were promptly seated by friendly staff, although we were not right up at a window this didnt matter as the view was still fantastic. We were then greeted while sat at our table by our two waiting staff who introduced themselves. We then given our menus & took some time to decide on drinks & food.

In my eyes (I eat out a lot & hubby is a chef at Michellin Star restaurant) the choice was great, for a fixed price menu. We then picked our food & drinks & sat to enjoy the view. We didnt have to wait too long before our starter arrived, but long enough to chat without being rushed. Three of us had the Parsnip Bisque & it was absolutely delicious, flavours were very nice & we all enjoyed it. I think the other starter was crab & this was enjoyed too. I had the filet steak for my main, cooked medium-rare & it was just a fantastic cut of meat, cooked to perfection. The flavours again were very nice & the beef was accompanied by some vegetables but the filet certainly stole the show! Our table also had another filet, NY strip steak & chicken breat & again all the other dishes were thoroughly enjoyed. Desert was NY cheese cake & looked fab when served & tasted very good.

Overall this experience was great & the best meal we had while in NYC. I would say, in comparrison to other meals I have had, for me this was worth every penny & I wouldnt call it expensive. You get a great view, fab kind attentive staff & delicious food. In all with Tax, gratuity & a cocktail it cost $150 approx. This to me, is not expensive for well cooked & flavoured food & Im not rolling in money either, just appreciate a nice meal for a special occasion.

Thank you View staff for the yummiest meal I have had for a while, the filet was just fantastic. Will be back if I ever get to visit NYC again!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lake District
“Very expensive for what you get”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Basically you pay for the view and not a lot else.

We were guests at the hotel for my 30th birthday and had booked a table well in advance.

We were seated right next to a party of 18 and as a couple, we were hoping for something more romantic and quieter, when we asked to move we were met with a stoney NO.

The food was ok, nothing out of this world.

The views though, fab!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“Nothing Remarkable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

We had very attentive and friendly service, but the food is a bit overpriced and somewhat average. It was relaxing and fun to watch the city as the restaurant revolved, but we wished we had gone to the more casual buffet area upstairs.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
David S, Guest Relations Manager at The View Restaurant, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
I am happy to hear that you had great service while joining us and that you enjoyed the wonderful view. We hope to see you back in the near future.