“Not for everyone” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Man Group

Blue Man Group
434 Lafayette St., New York City, NY 10003 (Manhattan)
1-800-258-3626
Website
Improve this listing
Book Now

Ranked #101 of 846 attractions in New York City
Type: Performances
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: BLUE MAN GROUP is not just a show, it’s a state of mind. Having utterly redefined the New York theater scene, BLUE MAN GROUP continues to reinvent itself. The wildly popular show at the Astor Place Theatre now combines signature BLUE MAN GROUP moments with breathtakingly fun new pieces. It makes for an awesome evening of entertainment. Blue Man is New York.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
McKinney, Texas
29 attraction reviews
“Not for everyone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Blue Man Group is something I have wanted to see for some time and I finally have. And it was a blast. It was funny and quirky and not like any other kind of show out there.

At times it is loud and there are intense strobe lights so be prepared. My very open minded 89 year old aunt went and while its not her cup of tea she said she mostly enjoyed it.

Since they come into the audience that is entertaining to bring the show to you.

My 12 year old daughter said more than once, "I love these guys!" and she was thrilled. And there wasn't anything to worry about for her age. And since they did a take on technology it was time relevant as well.

Clayton, North Carolina
13 attraction reviews
“Great Times”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is a great show. I'm a big kid at heart and I think I had as much fun as my girls (14 &16). A lot of audience participation. The first few rows are the "splash area" so keep that in mind. Great section for anyone over 8 years old.

The theater is very small and there isn't an intermission. The show went for 1 hr and 45 minutes. You only need to arrive 15 minutes before the start of the show. Don't come in with a lot of stuff in less you want to hold it in your arms because there isn't any place to place it.

Sacramento, CA
21 attraction reviews
“Huh?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Didn't really get into the show but the kids loved it. I found a few chuckles but there are other shows to spend your money on.

Virginia
16 attraction reviews
“Way better than expected!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Went to see show at request of 8 year old son. I was hesitant based on the reviews, but was pleasantly surprised. The show is very kid friendly and everyone will be entertained. Do not spend extra for the seats up front as every seat in this theater is excellent as it is so small. We sat in the mezzanine three rows from the front and they were excellent seats. I am glad we saw the show and I know it was awesome for my son. You can take pics with the blue men after the show in the lobby. There is a small snack bar and you can buy souvenirs. There are several parking garages near here, but we took a cab.

Visited May 2013
New York City, New York
“Fun Show!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My husband and I won tickets to this at an auction and I must say, we were pleasantly surprised. We had never been and didn't know of anyone who had so we had no idea what to expect. The theater was VERY small, which I read on the other reviews online, but didn't think it would be as tiny as it was. It was entertaining for all ages but might be hard to follow if you are a bit older. There is a lot of text on screens during some acts, and even I had a hard time keeping up with everything that was written. Definitely worth it if you are looking for something fun and out of the ordinary to do. The show lasted about an hour and forty minutes.