“An anti-climax on our last night in NY” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Man Group

Blue Man Group
434 Lafayette St., New York City, NY 10003 (Manhattan)
1-800-258-3626
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: BLUE MAN GROUP is not just a show, it’s a state of mind. Having utterly redefined the New York theater scene, BLUE MAN GROUP continues to reinvent itself. The wildly popular show at the Astor Place Theatre now combines signature BLUE MAN GROUP moments with breathtakingly fun new pieces. It makes for an awesome evening of entertainment. Blue Man is New York.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Jakarta
21 attraction reviews
“An anti-climax on our last night in NY”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

I really wanted to see BMG over any other off-broadway shows. To my surprise the show is a total disappointment. The percussion and interactive 3-D show is the "only good" thing. The rest are very easy jokes and some gross acts. I almost left had I not remembered the price of the tickets I paid. Think the show is more suitable for kids - however, I personally rather take my kids elsewhere.

Visited September 2011

New York City, New York
7 attraction reviews
“Great performance, different from everything else!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

Thoroughly enjoyed this energetic performance by the Blue Man Group. The venue was small but this added to the intimacy of the show. The performers didnt speak once during the show but were so expressive in other ways. Very different from any other performance I've been to. Great for kids too! Tickets weren't overly pricey at the box office either.

Visited September 2011
New york
22 attraction reviews
“Interesting show, theatre is awful!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

Got tickets for this show at the discount ticket booth in Times Square. Didn't realize until after we bought the tickets the theatre is not near Broadway. Took train down to theatre, just a short walk from train stop. Theatre is VERY small and run down. Had balcony seats, but you are very close to stage because of the size. Worst, most uncomfortable seats I have ever sat in. If you are over 5'6" and 125 lbs., good luck getting seated. I am 6'0"; and my knees were jammed against the seat in front of me the entire time.Would never see anything at this venue again at any price!! Performers are entertaining, but I expected something different.

Visited January 2011
Tel Aviv
7 attraction reviews
“Fantastic entertainment!One of the funniest shows I have seen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

Hugely entertaining show, had no idea what to expect and was happilly surprised.

Comprising of 3 men painted in blue who do not talk during the show and rely on actions and facial expressions to get points across. The back up band was very talented and overall a super show.

Interaction with the crowd was brilliant and if you are in the first 6 rows (of this very small theatre) then you will be given a rain jacket as things do fly off the stage, but nothing that will upset you.

Take your inner and outer child to this show. Highly recommended!

Visited August 2011
New York City, New York
48 attraction reviews
“DITCH the little skits and PLAY more music, PLEASE!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

I was really looking forward to sharing The Blue Man group with my husband who had never seen them. I saw them about 7 years ago at the Nassau Colesium & they were AMAZING! The show was very professional, with a huge back up band & TERRIFIC props which were all "played" to produce different sounds, not to mention AWESOME lighting.
***NOT SO ANYMORE***.
The new show consists of a series of small, somewhat humorous skits . . . more suited to a comedy club than NY Theater. The skits were slow moving and did not hold my attention. The Theater itself is very small & not recommended on a hot night, since they cut the a/c midway through the show. I should mention that it all began with the woman who directed us to our seats (upper level) mumbling something we could barely hear. When we asked her again we STILL couldn't hear her. We weren't the only ones because nearly everyone sat in the wrong seats (including us) & had to be redirected. In addition to being hot & uncomfortable (small seats) we were disappointed in the show. Occasionally they did play the drums (AMAZING) but only for a few minutes (there are a few great but short lived effects.) They turned on the strobe lights for a few minutes and I was in heaven - but that didn't last long either. Once they played a set of pvc tubing which was VERY cool, but after about 2 minutes of playing the tubing the band joined in & drowned them out. There's audience interaction & the Blue men climb all over the place which is fun, but I'd rather see more performing. Having said all this I will now tell you that the LAST HALF HOUR of the show rocks. It was like the blue man group of old. They donned cool suits that light up, played glowing lightning rods and turned the theater into one big dance party!! I won't ruin the end but it is ALOT of fun! Perhaps if I hadn't paid nearly $200 for our tickets I wouldn't feel so bad since the end of the show was somewhat redemptive. If you have a chance to buy heavily discounted tickets it would be worth it, but if not . . . I'm sorry to say save your money.

Visited August 2011