“Will keep coming back again and again!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Sutton Residence

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Sutton Residence
You added The Sutton Residence to your Saves list
Lexington Avenue and 47th Street, New York City, NY (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #35 of 96 New York City B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Will keep coming back again and again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Great second stay. Ive already recommended it to numerous friends who have also loved it! Bruce is extremely helpful in answering any questions and giving advice. The location is superb and the area in general is very safe and welcoming. The amazing prices make it possible to come to this great city again and again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

This place is great for people going to NYC to discover the city.
If you are a "common" tourist you do not expect to spend manyhours in your hotel, you will be out and just want a nice place to come back and rest, if that is your case this place is a good option.
LOCATION IS AMAZING and the reason I returned to this place, and I'm glad I did since I was there during a severe heat wave and the place allowed us to come back even twice a day to take a break and refresh ourselves.
Times Sq is like 5 blocks away, same than Grand Central terminal.
My reason to the 4 points is during the first days Bruce was not in the place, and everything was kind of dirty and not so well organized, once he was back the place was back on track.
The other reason is the bathroom for the back rooms, faucet is still broken but this time was harder to get a nice temperature of the water, either we were burning or freezing, so it always took some time to find the right spot for the temperature. Since is broken faucet worked in the opposite direction indicated by the sticker, so it was difficult and sometimes when available we just tried to used the other bathroom.
Rooms are small but this is NYC and eveything is crowded in here!
Overall I would return to this place because Bruce is great, LOCATION IS AWESOME which allows you to take advantage of your time better and the price is great given the fact you are in Manhattan! for this price I bet you can only get something at the bronx or queens.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are smaller but quieter. Rooms in the fron of the building are a bit larger but n...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Sutton. All the rooms are small, but very clean and well maintained. Our bed was soft and cozy. Nice wall to wall carpet throughout the building. Bruce the owner is very friendly and helpful. The location was in the heart of the city, and the price was right for our needs. My wife and I highly recommend the Sutton and we plan to return on our next visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bologna, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

The Sutton Residence is the perfect place to stay. Located in the heart of Manhattan you have all the most famous attractions within a walkin distance, and for the others the subway stop is 5 minutes.

The place is very cheap for ney york prices but it's very comfortable. There is a common living room and kitchen for everyone to use with fridge, microwave, Tv, internet.
Bruce, the owner is very kind and helpful, he is always ready to give you suggestions and advices.

We were there for 3 days and really enjoyed our stay. We also had a problem with our trip and we could count on Bruce's help!
If travelling again to NY we will definitely come back here.
We have to say we felt like home.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Buna, Tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The sutton residence was a perfect fit for my recent trip to the city. The location and price were exactly what I was looking for! The manager Bruce was helpful and accommodating but never intrusive. I highly recommend that you consider the sutton residence. It is actually an apartment with 5 available rooms for rent. There are 3 bathrooms to share. The place was clean and comfortable. I will admit the beds were a little hard and the bar downstairs was a little noisy but those things would not deter me from choosing it again. Thank you Bruce for helping to make my trip to the city amazing!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Quebec
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

The Residence is in fact a large apartment with kitchen, living room, 3 bathrooms and six bedrooms. It is located over a barbershop and a small café/bar on 47th Street (corner Lexington) very close to Grand Central Station. There are plenty of parking lots around, the cheapest ones being on 46th St. between 1st & 2nd Ave. Expect to pay around $35/24hr in that area unless you have a discount coupon (available on the internet).

Reservations were made through internet. Confirmation came back quickly within 24 hrs. A week before the date of arrival, our room was reconfirmed. Note that payment must be in cash only. Upon arrival, we were greeted very nicely by Bruce. He showed us to our air-conditioned and very clean room and let us settle in. Located at the front of the building, the room itself contained only a comfortable double bed and a night table with four thick towels on it. No television or any other amenities. A chair would however have been useful. The bathroom right near door had a large shower.

Later, Bruce gave us the keys (front and bedroom doors) and explained the set-up. We had access to the kitchen (fridge, stove, microwave) and living room, and could use the t.v., phone (local calls) and computer. Note that there is no room service (make your own bed).

We slept well considering that we were in the center of Manhattan. Traffic was very reasonable in the evening and did not overly disturb us. Earplugs are still a good precaution as there is a small bar underneath and one can hear the music and the people talking loudly sometimes. The use of the kitchen was a godsend since food can be expensive in Manhattan. Overall, the place is comfortable, reasonably priced and extremely well-situated near restaurants, buses, etc. Really a good value.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I arrived late Sunday afternoon and at first was a little confused because there is no external sign for the Residence and I wasn't sure if I had the right place. However Bruce, the manager, was waiting for me and answered the door promptly. He kindly helped me get my bags inside and so the lack of a lift was not too much of a problem. I found the place comfortable and conveniently located for the subway and food stores.
There are only a few rooms and so it was not difficult to get bathroom and kitchen access. Yes the rooms are small but it is New York and that's par for the course. There is wifi if you have your own computer but if not there is a laptop computer available for guests' use and a phone if you don't have a cell phone to use. In short there is everything that you need.
This was my third visit to NYC and I was very comfortable at Sutton Residence. If I make it to NYC again I will definately stay there. It is great value for money.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to The Sutton Residence? Share your experiences!