“Gorgeous food and lovely atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Basso56

Basso56
234 West 56 Street, Between 8th Avenue & Broadway, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)
+1 212-265-2610
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous food and lovely atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

My husband and I dined here on our last night in NYC. We arrived a little early and stumbled across barbasso across the road and had a cocktail before going on to dinner. I assume that the bar was also run by the same people as the cocktail list at Basso56 is the same as at bar basso.

We decided on just ordering a main (me the seafood risotto and my husband the pasta with sausage meat and broccoli.) A plate of yummy bruschetta was also brought out with compliments which was very tasty.) My risotto was full of seafood and was very tasty. My husband loved his pasta and said that he could have eaten more (i'm going to have a go at trying to recreate it!)

The restaurant is smallish but the service was very attentive and we really enjoyed our meal. I would recommend this (and bar basso) to anyone wanting a nice Italian meal in NYC.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Polish first
Detroit, Michigan
“Excellent Service and Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Love Basso56 and the service was perfect. My husband and I both enjoyed our meal here. We had the fried artichoke and zuchinni appetizer and it was really good. I had a seafood risotto special that was perfect. My husband had veal marsala and he really liked it. We had so much food that we couldn't order dessert but they brought us complimentary lemoncello which was a great way to end our meal.

The restaurant is small but typical of midtown restaurants in size. Tables are close but it is part of the atmosphere when dining in NYC and we love it. The service we received was top notch!

“Good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Had to wait 15 min more after reserved time, gave us a round of complimentary drinks for the waiting. That is client attention and service. Food was excellent. Scalops appetizer was a whole dinner and tasty. Had lobster involtino, superb. Did not want dessert because of too much food, they brough a complimentary panna cota anyhow, very nice. Rest. is a little bid small with small table, service was perfect. All staff were happy and is contagious. Will be back.

Alexandria, Virginia
“Service and Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This charming Italian restaurant is such a treat. By far the best service I have ever experienced in Manhattan. Daily specials are truly special...seasonal and always fresh. The wine list is fantastic. this is a place that goes out of its way to give you memorable dining pleasure.
Please enjoy this lovely setting and great service.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Small and noisy...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

...but the food is spectacular. One of our new favorites in our travels and only second to falafel in Paris. The restaurant is small and sometimes a tight fit. Service is exceptional, value is pretty good. Will go there again (several more times I suspect).