“Pleasant Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of AKA Times Square

Save Saved
You added AKA Times Square to your Saves list
AKA Times Square
4.5 of 5 Condominium   |   123 West 44th Street, Between 6th & Broadway, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)   |
Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia
“Pleasant Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in Aka Times Square between 22nd till 26th May 2014 with my family (2 adults and 3 children). And I can describe my stay there as expected and more!! The staff (specially Cynthia) was friendly and helpful. The apartment was clean and furniture was almost new. The proximity of the hotel around Times Square attraction made it perfect fit for people enjoying NYC.
I loved my stay and definitely will stay again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

If you are looking at a longer stay or if you are traveling with large size family, AKA is a great place to consider. Its suites of 1/2 bedroom are perfect places to stay in Times Square. I was on a business trip and stayed here for 4 nights. It was lovely stay and I will definitely stay here when I am back in NYC next.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

I stayed here with my mum and siblings in December 2013 for 7 nights in a two bedroom apartment. During this time it was super cold in NY and snowing quite heavily. Having AKA to come home to was the best. it was warm, cosy, modern and lovely. The staff always greeted you morning or night and it smelt like hot apples and cinnamon constantly. The room itself cannot be faulted The beds were comfortable, the heating worked wonderfully and the there were 3 tv's (important for us considering we all like to watch different things!)

The kitchen was also great as after several nights traveling you dont exactly feel like going out, so it's nice to be able to cook for yourself or at least warm something up in the comfort of your own apartment.

The only thing that may bother some people is the lack of window light. All rooms have windows but they are not very big. This wasnt an issue for us but may be for some.

Finally, the location is what really makes it. Don't let the fact that it is situated in times square put you off, its in a quiet theatre lane which is busy enough that you dont feel unsafe but quiet enough that it doesnt affect you in the room. It's a 5 minute walk to bryant park which is also a lovely hang out. Times square, rockefeller, moma, grand central, magnolia, duane reade, 5th and 6th avenue shopping are all within walking distance. In fact, we walked home from central park a couple of times and probably would have walked even further had it not been so cold!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

We stayed here in April 2014 and were a party of 4. My husband, 11 month old baby, my mother and myself. We were all impressed by its convenient location to theatres and Times Square. We enjoyed seeing a few musicals and shows and were able to walk out of the doors and locate theatres very easily. Very close to 42 nd St Subway to get around too.
As NYC accommodation can be expensive we intended to stay in a one bedroom apartment with myself, husband and baby in the bedroom and my mum on a pull out lounge. We were very glad that there was a pull out sleeper in den/study that provided extra privacy for my mother. The kitchen and was well equipped and even a washer and dryer to do some laundry was great.
We stayed on level 8 and it was fairly quiet except for a few evenings when there was some work being carried out on the street.
When we arrived the doormen was very attentive and the concierge too. In our room, there was music playing and a welcome note. We had requested a baby cot and that too was set up in our room. We had preordered a welcome pack of food, drink and snacks as this was waiting for us. These little things were lovely after an afternoon of driving back (then returning the car) from a side trip to the Hamptons.
As we travelled in April, the thermostat in the room was set to warm so it was, at times too hot in our room. As it was effecting our sleep, we had to let concierge know. After returning home, a portable air conditioner was put into our room and enabled us to get a good rest.
Overall we had a great holiday and the location and attentiveness of the hotel and its staff added to this experience. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher level.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Hotel was not ready at check in time. Even though hotel staff were apologetic but it did not help me especially when I was travelling with a child. I stayed in one BR apartment. Rooms are small and very poorly designed. Bedroom is very small. Bathroom is very small with no shelf to keep things. Poorly lit rooms. It did not seem worth the price. I definitely would not stay here again. I would consider suites in hotels that could be available for similar price.

Stayed May 2014
New York City, New York, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Had a one bedroom apartment which was very modern, clean and sizeable. The front office staff were friendly and helpful. Would thoroughly recommend this accommodation to anyone visitng NY particularly for an extended stay. We stayed for 7 nights. Very conveniently located

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

This Hotel is not too bad,our room had a small kitchen and laundry but it is very dark and cold feeling. The staff are very pleasant the rooms are very small and the whole apartment is badly designed. We visit NYC a bit and feel that the Hotel will not be my first choice when next in NYC.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to AKA Times Square? Share your experiences!