“BeHotel was a gem to discover” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #47 of 453 Hotels in New York City
Dublin
“BeHotel was a gem to discover”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

BeHotel was welcoming, clean, friendly and well appointed. The family suite had a fantastic view over Manhattan Bridge and very comfortable beds! Perfect after a day of walking around New York!
It was easy to find good value places to shop and eat on Broadway and Canal street. Chinatown and Little Italy were right nearby with buzz and activity into the evening, but the hotel was quiet just near enough to walk but far enough not to be disturbed!
The hotel was unassuming from the outside but a real reward once discovered.
The staff were helpful and informed with advice when needed. I would love to stay again.

• Stayed July 2014
BeHotel_GM, General Manager at Be Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with Be Hotel on your most recent trip to NYC.

I was pleased to read that you were able to stay in one of our Family Suites. I was just reminiscing with Joseph, our Front Office Manager, how during pre-opening we were worried about not being able to sell these rooms. The feedback and response has been quite the opposite. Due to the size of almost 500 sq ft and the 3 beds, it makes for a great room of up to 6 people who want to be together.

You mentioned that the hotel is “unassuming from the outside but a real reward once discovered.” That is a very accurate assessment of not only the building but of the culture of this hotel. We want people to give us an opportunity to experience our idea of service. We firmly believe that this will be the driving force our business, the rest will fall into place.

We would love you have you stay with us again as well. When you decide to plan that trip, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com. I look forward to hearing from you!

Eduardo Aguilar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Let me first say that Be Hotel is classy, very modern and chic. It is located in Manhattan directly in front of the Manhattan Bridge within China Town and for the price I couldn't have been happier. I was traveling alone, and as a woman safety is of course a number one factor, I was never concerned about going out at night, the neighborhood was definitely safe. I arrived at the Be Hotel on a Sunday, the gentleman at the front desk (Ross) was very kind, with upbeat attitude and gave excellent advice about things to do and places to go within the area. He even printed me directions to a shop in SoHo when I mentioned going to Time Square. The hotel itself is BEAUTIFUL and on top of that I had free wifi so I could get a little work done during my trip. I was in room 201 that looks out at the park and kept the windows open because I like the sounds of the city. However, when I closed the window at night I had no trouble sleeping, I couldn't hear a peep from the outside. The room was a nice size and I had a king size bed that slept wonderfully, it actually made it hard to get up the next morning. I had no issues with the heating/air conditioning and the thermostat on the wall allows you control of the temp of your room. There are plenty of places to eat and shops and stores as you are basically in China Town. Another great point, there is a Keurig machine with provided K cups in each room...if Keurig isn't your think there is also a Dunkin Donuts less than a 2 minute walk on the same block of the hotel. There are plenty of metro stations within walking distance and cabs come a dime a dozen on canal street. Accessibility to any of the additional boroughs is normally a few blocks away via train if you wish. Many of the neighborhood eateries also deliver 24 hours a day so if it's 2 am you don't have to go out to grab food and the selection are phenomenal. Ross (front desk) provided me with an array of menus so I could pick and choose where I wanted to eat from. An added bonus is the window area is so huge you can sit down in it and look outside. And they have wonderful black out curtains for those who like the total darkness when sleeping. One last thing, the entire staff was very courteous, respectful and helpful. The General Manager (Eduardo Aguilar) was there when I was checking out and he held my bags for me after check out so I could explore the city while I was waiting for my train that left 2 hours later. He even provided tickets that were also attached to my luggage to make sure everything was accounted for. When I return to New York I plan to make Be Hotel my go to spot whenever I travel there, thank you for such a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are amazing, the view is absolutely the best!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for choosing to stay with Be Hotel on your most recent trip to NYC.

This was a very detailed and rewarding review that you wrote. It seems as though you managed to do many things and take advantage of our neighborhood and NYC has to offer. In addition you managed to stay very comfortable while in the hotel. A comfortable bed and black out curtain definitely make for a recipe of comfort which I was pleased that you enjoyed.

I will make sure to commend Ross for his “excellent” advice and his overall assistance to you. I will also mention to the whole staff that their “courteous, respectful, and helpful” nature did not go unnoticed. We try to always provide consistent great service and we definitely appreciate the feedback.

You did not come too far to visit us, so I genuinely hope that you can come back and experience Be Hotel again soon. When you are ready to book feel free to reach out to me directly. I can be reached at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Rehovot, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel for a three nights stay after reading the reviews here, and were thrilled with this choice. The staff were friendly and extremely helpful - for example when recommending a restaurant they printed the menu and highlighted the best dishes. The room was very spacious, modern and clean, and the location was convenient, within walking distance to SoHo and little Italy and an easy few minutes walk to subway stations. Traveling with children, we booked the loft suite, which provided privacy and lots of space for a very reasonable price.
This was a great NY experience and we would love to stay at the Be hotel again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
BeHotel_GM, General Manager at Be Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with Be Hotel with your family on your most recent visit to NYC.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the size and privacy of our Loft Suite. It is a great room for families who want to be together yet enjoy some privacy as you mentioned. I was also pleased to read that you were able to indulge in the local restaurants and neighborhoods. It was our pleasure to provide you the necessary information to make your stay as seamless as possible.

We definitely hope to see you again soon. Should you decide to come back to NYC and visit Be Hotel again, please feel free to contact me directly at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My partner and I stayed at the Be Hotel for one night while we were visiting New York for a few days and this far exceeded any of our expectations!
It's located right by the Manhattan Bridge and extremely close to Little Italy and Soho.
The Subway is just a short walk away, and along the way, we stopped for chinese bakery food and milk tea, always a classic.
The Hotel Staff was courteous and inviting, and even helped me get my reservation straightened out after a mistake on my part, I could not be more grateful.

The rooms were clean, modern and spacious. Our room had excellent WiFi connection and we didn't have any issues with that.

We will definitely be returning to Be Hotel and will recommend to any of our friends and family looking for a great boutique hotel in NYC.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
BeHotel_GM, General Manager at Be Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write this review about Be Hotel.

It is always great to read that we exceeded our guest’s expectations. I was glad to see that we were able to get your reservation straightened out at check in as well. Our goal is to help you so that your stay can go as smooth as possible, we thankfully accomplished that. You enjoyed the complimentary Wi-Fi in a clean modern spacious room, in a hotel with close proximity to other neighborhoods and great Chinese bakeries nearby. That to me sounds like a win!

Thank you for potentially recommending new guests to us, word of mouth is still a very important medium in our business. Feel free to provide them with my information if and when you or your friends decide to stay with us, I would be more than happy to assist. I can be reached at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com. We look forward to seeing you again.

Bridgetown, Barbados
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Our two big families (four adults, seven kids) just finished a five day stay at the BE in our first ever visit to NYC. The rooms were excellent, staff amazing and location just perfect. The view from the window was right at the gate to the Manhattan bridge, loads of traffic but no traffic noise. Everything was new and spotlessly clean. The subway was a five minute walk away through the vibrant Chinatown. We felt always safe and were equally happy out exploring the city or reviving in the rooms. This was a fantastic choice of hotel for a family vacation. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, especially with a family.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much for staying with us on your most recent visit to Be Hotel.

It was a pleasure hosting your family while on holiday from Barbados. We were in communication prior to arrival with regards to the room types. I am glad that you were able to be comfortable in the two family suites you chose, that each have 3 beds, 2 bed rooms, 2 bathrooms. They are perfect for large families! I was also pleased to read that you were able to take advantage of the area and that you were easily able to catch the subway while exploring NYC.

We genuinely love these reviews because they talk to us in a way that is familiar. We all have great memories about our childhood vacations and while the hotel is not the focal point, I am happy that we were able to contribute to the memory in some way.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you and your family back to Be Hotel to create new memories again. If you decide to come please feel free to contact me directly at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com. I look forward to your next visit!

Laval, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The most perfect experience of hotel service ever! Thanks to the manager Eduardo and his team who did everything to make me happy! :) even weeks Before we have arrived! The rooms are more then clean! All white and freshly renovated! A real King size bed! We will be back !

Stayed July 2014
BeHotel_GM, General Manager at Be Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
I have two words, THANK YOU!!

It was a pleasure to have helped you out weeks before you arrived with a few different requests. From the moment you reached out to us, we were all here to help you make this stay as seamless as possible. I am very proud of our staff for being able to exceed your expectations on this visit. While we are a new hotel, we have great service minded people who genuinely want to help and it shows.

We definitely hope to welcome you back soon! You already have my information but in case you do not, I can be reached at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com should you need anything. I look forward to your next visit!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We had the pleasure of staying here for three nights in a deluxe king room. The rates were very reasonable. The hotel and room looked to be either new or completely renovated. The hotel and room were always clean and the staff were courteous and extremely helpfull. There were no computers or printers for guest use, however the front desk would print our tour reservations for us without hesitation. The only thing missing in the room was a mini fridge. There was however a new iron, full iron board and safe. The location was excellent. We were smack dab in the middle of China Town which was walking distance to numerous car parking and subway. Little Italy on Mulberry St. is walking distance four blocks away. This is where we went for most of our meals as it had numerous restaurants at all levels, and was very clean !!! Although the hotel is situated in a very busy area, we did not hear any outside noise at anytime!!! The view was good although we only really slept and showered there. We had a view of the Manhattan Bridge. All in all we really enjoyed our stay and would be our first choice on our next visit. We would highly recommend this hotel and a special thanks to front desk staff Mr Sanchez.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for writing this “Excellent” review about Be Hotel and your experience here.

It was a pleasure reading this review about our “courteous and extremely helpful” staff, especially Javid, who made your stay a positive one. It is a real reward to have our guests comment on our staff on account of the service they received. We are all humbled by it.

You touched upon not only the size, cleanliness and location but also the quietness of the rooms. I would agree with you in that while we are on a busy street, the rooms are well insulated. We are looking into adding the mini fridge in the future but no immediate plans are in motion. We are a new hotel and we are still working on new creative ways to enhance the guest experience.

In closing, I want to thank you again for the kind words and hope that we can welcome you back in the near future. Should you need assistance making a reservation at Be Hotel, please feel free to email me directly at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Eduardo Aguilar

Been to Be Hotel? Share your experiences!