“great for families” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Leon Hotel

You added The Leon Hotel to your Saves list
The Leon Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   125 Canal Street, New York City, NY 10002 (Formerly Be Hotel) (Chinatown)   |
Offers & Announcements
20% off room rate
Ranked #71 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Bridgetown, Barbados
“great for families”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Our two big families (four adults, seven kids) just finished a five day stay at the BE in our first ever visit to NYC. The rooms were excellent, staff amazing and location just perfect. The view from the window was right at the gate to the Manhattan bridge, loads of traffic but no traffic noise. Everything was new and spotlessly clean. The subway was a five minute walk away through the vibrant Chinatown. We felt always safe and were equally happy out exploring the city or reviving in the rooms. This was a fantastic choice of hotel for a family vacation. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, especially with a family.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
BeHotel_GM, General Manager at The Leon Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us on your most recent visit to Be Hotel.

It was a pleasure hosting your family while on holiday from Barbados. We were in communication prior to arrival with regards to the room types. I am glad that you were able to be comfortable in the two family suites you chose, that each have 3 beds, 2 bed rooms, 2 bathrooms. They are perfect for large families! I was also pleased to read that you were able to take advantage of the area and that you were easily able to catch the subway while exploring NYC.

We genuinely love these reviews because they talk to us in a way that is familiar. We all have great memories about our childhood vacations and while the hotel is not the focal point, I am happy that we were able to contribute to the memory in some way.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you and your family back to Be Hotel to create new memories again. If you decide to come please feel free to contact me directly at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com. I look forward to your next visit!

Eduardo Aguilar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Laval, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The most perfect experience of hotel service ever! Thanks to the manager Eduardo and his team who did everything to make me happy! :) even weeks Before we have arrived! The rooms are more then clean! All white and freshly renovated! A real King size bed! We will be back !

Stayed July 2014
BeHotel_GM, General Manager at The Leon Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
I have two words, THANK YOU!!

It was a pleasure to have helped you out weeks before you arrived with a few different requests. From the moment you reached out to us, we were all here to help you make this stay as seamless as possible. I am very proud of our staff for being able to exceed your expectations on this visit. While we are a new hotel, we have great service minded people who genuinely want to help and it shows.

We definitely hope to welcome you back soon! You already have my information but in case you do not, I can be reached at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com should you need anything. I look forward to your next visit!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We had the pleasure of staying here for three nights in a deluxe king room. The rates were very reasonable. The hotel and room looked to be either new or completely renovated. The hotel and room were always clean and the staff were courteous and extremely helpfull. There were no computers or printers for guest use, however the front desk would print our tour reservations for us without hesitation. The only thing missing in the room was a mini fridge. There was however a new iron, full iron board and safe. The location was excellent. We were smack dab in the middle of China Town which was walking distance to numerous car parking and subway. Little Italy on Mulberry St. is walking distance four blocks away. This is where we went for most of our meals as it had numerous restaurants at all levels, and was very clean !!! Although the hotel is situated in a very busy area, we did not hear any outside noise at anytime!!! The view was good although we only really slept and showered there. We had a view of the Manhattan Bridge. All in all we really enjoyed our stay and would be our first choice on our next visit. We would highly recommend this hotel and a special thanks to front desk staff Mr Sanchez.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for writing this “Excellent” review about Be Hotel and your experience here.

It was a pleasure reading this review about our “courteous and extremely helpful” staff, especially Javid, who made your stay a positive one. It is a real reward to have our guests comment on our staff on account of the service they received. We are all humbled by it.

You touched upon not only the size, cleanliness and location but also the quietness of the rooms. I would agree with you in that while we are on a busy street, the rooms are well insulated. We are looking into adding the mini fridge in the future but no immediate plans are in motion. We are a new hotel and we are still working on new creative ways to enhance the guest experience.

In closing, I want to thank you again for the kind words and hope that we can welcome you back in the near future. Should you need assistance making a reservation at Be Hotel, please feel free to email me directly at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

First the price was right, $100 less than Times Square. It is new, clean and has some nice features. Deluxe room was huge especially by NY standards and the views were terrific. Front desk staff is exceptional and made a huge difference in the quality of our stay with their recommendations and info.
Room had a window ledge to sit in and take in Manhattan Bridge view. Be Hotel is located about 2 blocks off Little Italy so the immediate neighborhood is a little sketch but never felt unsafe. Great location for shopping, eating and touring especially if you are into the trendy locales.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are very roomy.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
BeHotel_GM, General Manager at The Leon Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you very much for writing this review about Be Hotel from your most recent visit to NYC.

I was very pleased to read that our front desk staff was exceptional and that that it made a significant difference in the quality of your stay. The front desk team takes pride and ownership in what they do and I am happy that it translated to making your stay more positive.

Having worked in other hotels, I agree with you that our rooms are very spacious by NY standards. They start out at roughly 245 sq. ft. and work their way up to almost 500 sq. ft. in our suites.

I hope that we can welcome you back soon so that you may experience some of the other more spacious rooms as well. Should you decide to come back to NYC, please contact me directly at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com. I look forward to hearing from you!

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

A friend found this hotel while googling for boutique hotels and it is certainly a gem in this sprawling, crowded city. Rooms were clean. Room service was prompt and meticulous. Access to lots of good food in Chinatown. Grand St. Station is a five minute walk away. Very convenient. There was always someone to greet us at reception whenever we left or returned to the hotel. A special mention - Eduardo, the GM, was extremely helpful in trying to help get my art prints (which I had forgotten) returned to me in Singapore. His responses were polite, detailed and prompt. He even made sure to inform me that my prints had been picked up by the Fedex guys which just goes to show how much this hotel values thoroughness.

Excellent place. You won't regret it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
BeHotel_GM, General Manager at The Leon Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write this review about Be Hotel!

I am glad that you enjoyed the convenient location of the hotel and that service was “prompt and meticulous” It was my pleasure to return the art prints back to you in Singapore, I know that they were important to you.

I do not know how often you travel back to NYC but I do hope that the next time you do, that you reach out to me directly. You already have my information but just in case, I can be reached at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com. I hope that I hear from you soon!

Turbotville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

The BE hotel was amazing! When we have visited NYC in the past, we have stayed in midtown where it is really crowded, expensive and the hotel rooms are tiny. Staying in lower Manhattan was such a difference! Our room was huge, the staff was very nice and helpful, and we loved that little Italy and Chinatown were right outside our door! We had a view of the Manhattan bridge and freedom tower from our promo. We will never stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: We had the two room suite so we could put the kids in one room and stay up with friends in the other...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write this “amazing” review of Be Hotel!

I was very excited to keep on reading this review based on how it started. There is definitely a difference between staying uptown and downtown and you mentioned very legitimate points on those differences. I believe you stayed in a 04 room which does have a great view of the Manhattan Bridge archway entrance.

Since you will never stay anywhere else, I believe you should have a point of contact for your future reservations. When you decide to come back to NYC please reach out to me directly at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com, I look forward to hearing from you!

Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Can't say enough good things about BE Hotel. From the moment I called with reservation questions all the way through checkout, they were wonderful. I would especially single out Dante for how helpful he was during our stay: he even set us up with a map and guide for the area, and that proved a lot more helpful than the guidebook we showed up with. We stayed three nights prior to heading up to the Catskills. The location was perfect and a short walk from the subway. We spent a lot of time Downtown and in Midtown, but we were always back in the vicinity of the hotel for a bite to eat, a stroll around Chinatown streets, etc. We had a corner room on the top floor and no issues whatsoever with wireless. It was also really nice to look out over the Manhattan Bridge and city at night. It was as quiet as we could've hoped for (it's not like there's anyplace in NYC without honking horns...). With two double beds, it was plenty of room for our family of four and roomier than I was expecting. I also liked the Keurig coffee maker, but it didn't seem to be working the first day, so I left a note for the housekeeper. She (Janise) left a note about how it was working and made a cup of coffee to prove it. It turns out I wasn't using it right. Anyway, our note exchange didn't stop there, and the kids got a kick out of leaving notes for her and excited to see what she would write back. This may seem silly, but it was the kind of personal touch that we really appreciated, especially during an otherwise hectic trip.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very, very much for this review and for staying with us on your most recent trip to NYC. This review reflects the dedication of our staff and the genuinely good people we hire and try to further develop.

I regret to inform our audience that Dante no longer works at Be Hotel as he has gone back to further his education back home in California. He will definitely be missed by our staff due to his ability to effortlessly impact a guest’s stay. We wish him well.

While there are other positive things I can highlight about this review, what stood out to me was the notes being exchanged with Jenise (room attendant) and your daughter(s). This truly made me smile! I also shared this review with our staff to commend both Jenise and Dante for their efforts.

We always try to give our guests the personal service that they will not find anywhere else. I truly believe that this, if done consistently, will set us apart from other hotels and I am very appreciative for you taking notice. Hopefully we can welcome you back soon so that Jensie and your daughter(s) can continue their pen pal communications. Should you decide to come back please feel free to email me at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com.

Eduardo Aguilar

Been to The Leon Hotel? Share your experiences!