“Simple - Efficient and Good” 5 of 5 stars

Be Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   125 Canal Street, New York City, NY 10002 (Chinatown)   |
Ranked #57 of 453 Hotels in New York City
Dallas, Texas
“Simple - Efficient and Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Hotel is very unassuming front door - do not let that fool you. Great view to the Manhattan bridge and right down the street from Chinatown/Little Italy and my favorite bar on earth, The Whiskey Tavern. Note - not sure about fitness center/pool so no comment there.

Room Tip: Try and face Manhattan Bridge (South Side)
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
BeHotel_GM, General Manager at Be Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to write about your most recent trip to Be Hotel.

We greatly appreciate the positive feedback on the hotel. You are correct that some of our rooms do have great views of the Manhattan Bridge. The front door comparison is very similar to who we are as a hotel. We are taking steps to further enhance our property but that will not deter us from always trying to provide TOP-NOTCH service.

Again, thank you for writing about Be Hotel it is genuinely appreciated. We hope that when you come back to NYC that you stay with us again. Should you decide to, please feel free to reach out to me directly at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com.

***While we are looking to make more enhancements, a swimming pool and fitness center are unfortunately not in those plans at this current time***

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Nothing but good things to say about this newly opened hotel. Great with wi-fi in rooms and plenty of closet space. Close to the Manhattan bridge but the trafficking wasn't really disturbing at night. I would recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to write about your most recent trip to Be Hotel.

We really appreciate your comments and I was very pleased to read that we are “fresh and stylish” and that you would recommend our hotel. Early in our opening we were experiencing Wi-Fi connectivity issues in our Parlor King rooms, which you stayed in. Due to the feedback from our Trip Advisor page, we were able to identify this problem and address it. I am very happy that we were able to correct the issue and that you took notice.

We definitely hope that you can come back to visit us soon. Should you decide to, please feel free to contact me directly at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Spent a wonderful weekend at Be and was impressed with everything from location to staff to decor to cleanliness. King room spacious with great view of Manhattan Bridge. Easy access to subway and love that great neighborhoods of Chinatown and Little Italy were just down the street. Excellent value. Quiet. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Very quiet and well appointed. King bed is wonderful to sleep in but takes up a lot of real estate.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
BeHotel_GM, General Manager at Be Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank you very much for your most recent stay at Be Hotel.

I was very pleased to read the "Loved it" headline and that you were "impressed with everything from location to staff to décor to cleanliness." We are fortunate to have a team in place that takes ownership of their roles here and takes pride in what they do. I will make sure that ALL of my staff members are commended for impacting your stay in a positive way.

We are in the process of enhancing our guest experience and we hope that you can return to experience these enhancements. Should you decide to make a trip back to NYC I would hope that you would reach out to me directly at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com. I look forward to welcoming you back!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Great new hotel in the city, location is great and accessible to major subway lines. Next to Chinatown and Little Italy. Views of Manhattan bridge, Freedom Tower, and downtown are awesome from the rooms. Rooms are well equipped with comfortable beds, and the service was great. A package arrived after we had left the hotel, and a staff member took a taxi to Brooklyn and hand delivered it. Totally exceeded my expectations!

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor possible
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking a moment to write a few kind words about Be Hotel in regards to your most recent trip to NYC.

I was delighted to read that that you felt our “service was great” and that we exceeded your expectations. I vividly remember this Sunday and us delivering the package to you in Brooklyn. We definitely try to help our guests in any capacity we can and I am glad we were able to do that for you. Javid was the front desk agent who delivered the package before your flight. I will make sure to commend him for his efforts.

Again, thank you for writing about Be Hotel and our staff, it is greatly appreciated. We definitely hope that when you come back to NYC that you stay with us again. Should you decide to, please feel free to reach out to me directly at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

My husband and I stayed for the weekend - the room was spacious for NYC, and the hotel was simple and nice. But what was extraordinary is that the man at the front desk walked 2 blocks with our luggage to meet my husband in the car because the road was blocked off for a park parade. He wouldn't even accept a tip, though we insisted. Regrettably I forgot his name, but what a memorable experience. Thanks Be Hotel!

• Stayed June 2014
BeHotel_GM, General Manager at Be Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for staying with us at Be Hotel for your most recent trip to NYC.

It was great to read that our staff went “above the call of duty” and assisted you with your bags during the road closure as a result of Pride NYC. The young man’s name who helped you is Dante, who has been great addition to our team since we opened. I will make sure that he gets recognized for his efforts over the weekend.

We truly believe that customer service is the backbone of Be Hotel. I truly believe that we are more than just “simple and nice’ but we also know who we are. While you may not find the most luxurious of accommodations, you will find a TEAM who is dedicated to providing our guests with a clean, comfortable environment and hopefully creating many more “memorable experiences.”

We are in the process of enhancing our amenities and I hope that you come back to visit us so that you may experience these improvements firsthand. Should you decide to come back to Be Hotel, please feel free to reach out to me at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com.

Budapest
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Stayed at Be hotel for 5 nights. Chose it because of the locations - Chinatown area is one of my favorite. The room was really small, but that wasn't a problem. There was no cupboard for clothes not even some hooks to hang the clothes note a single chair. That was quite a downside. Otherwise the rooms was nice and clean, the shower was working perfectly and the bathroom was functional. Everything went so well and the staff at the reception was kind and helpful, but as the check-out time is at 12 and my flight was in the late afternoon I asked if it's possible to store the luggage for an hour or so. That was possible so I left 2 suitcases and my bigger purse there. At the airport I noticed that my euros were gone...i had counted the euro notes in the morning and now there were only coins left... not so nice surprise! Also some Hungarian forints which I had in my other wallet were missing. I shouldn't have left my wallet and purse there but somehow i trusted that if i store something, even some money for hotel baggage store it would have been safe there. S be careful and don't do the same mistake!

Room Tip: Choose as big room as possible!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
BeHotel_GM, General Manager at Be Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you for staying with us on your most recent trip to NYC. It seems that there were some positives and some challenges during your stay which I would like to address.

I was happy to read that you were pleased with the "nice and clean room" and our "kind and helpful staff." I also read that you had some issues with the Superior King Room you booked.
The SPK is our most modest room and unlike all of our other rooms, due to lack of space, there is no closet in the room. I will look for a solutions to this issue based on your feedback.

You emailed me shortly after the lost monies incident happened and we have been in communication since. Based on surveillance footage that I reviewed, I found no wrong doing on the part of the staff. I also mentioned in my previous email that if I found someone to be guilty of this that I would respond accordingly but as mentioned above, I did not find any wrong doing.

This is a difficult situation from both sides. We never want a guest to leave unhappy or slighted in anyway and it is impossible for me to assign blame if I cannot prove that this took place. I feel terrible that monies were lost but based on the information I saw, we were not responsible.

Should you want to discuss the matter further please email me at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com

Eduardo Aguilar

***Note to our readers- Our hotel is monitored 24/7 by cameras and your belongings are safe and locked in our storage area. Theft in our hotel is NOT tolerated and if anyone is found to have stolen while on our property they will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law***
Glendale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Stayed at the Be one night with my brothers and sister for a family reunion dinner in Manhattan. We had a "family suite" which had beautiful modern decor, outfitted with two double beds, one queen bed, and, most importantly, two bathrooms. The queen bed was even in its own separate area that can be closed off from the rest of the room. Everything was immaculate and the beds were very comfortable. The staff at the front desk (especially Javi) was very helpful in not only checking us in, but giving good directions to nearby sites. The hotel's location is good, within walking distance to the 9/11 Museum (about 20 min. walk), and a subway station. We were on the fourth floor and had absolutely no traffic noise. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your most recent trip to Be Hotel and for all the positive feedback!

Our housekeeping staff works very hard to keep the rooms clean and "immaculate" and our front desk team always tries to make things easy for everyone by always offering assistance. I will make sure to let Javid know that he impacted your stay in a positive way.

The goal with our suites seems to have worked! The spaciousness and additional bathroom make a BIG difference when travelling with several people. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of the room and that it worked out for you and your family for the reunion.

I hope that when you decide to have another reunion in NYC that you come back to Be Hotel. Should you decide to please email me directly at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com

Been to Be Hotel? Share your experiences!