“Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Leon Hotel

You added The Leon Hotel to your Saves list
The Leon Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   125 Canal Street, New York City, NY 10002 (Formerly Be Hotel) (Chinatown)   |
Ranked #97 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Spent a wonderful weekend at Be and was impressed with everything from location to staff to decor to cleanliness. King room spacious with great view of Manhattan Bridge. Easy access to subway and love that great neighborhoods of Chinatown and Little Italy were just down the street. Excellent value. Quiet. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Very quiet and well appointed. King bed is wonderful to sleep in but takes up a lot of real estate.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
BeHotel_GM, General Manager at The Leon Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank you very much for your most recent stay at Be Hotel.

I was very pleased to read the "Loved it" headline and that you were "impressed with everything from location to staff to décor to cleanliness." We are fortunate to have a team in place that takes ownership of their roles here and takes pride in what they do. I will make sure that ALL of my staff members are commended for impacting your stay in a positive way.

We are in the process of enhancing our guest experience and we hope that you can return to experience these enhancements. Should you decide to make a trip back to NYC I would hope that you would reach out to me directly at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com. I look forward to welcoming you back!

Eduardo Aguilar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Great new hotel in the city, location is great and accessible to major subway lines. Next to Chinatown and Little Italy. Views of Manhattan bridge, Freedom Tower, and downtown are awesome from the rooms. Rooms are well equipped with comfortable beds, and the service was great. A package arrived after we had left the hotel, and a staff member took a taxi to Brooklyn and hand delivered it. Totally exceeded my expectations!

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor possible
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking a moment to write a few kind words about Be Hotel in regards to your most recent trip to NYC.

I was delighted to read that that you felt our “service was great” and that we exceeded your expectations. I vividly remember this Sunday and us delivering the package to you in Brooklyn. We definitely try to help our guests in any capacity we can and I am glad we were able to do that for you. Javid was the front desk agent who delivered the package before your flight. I will make sure to commend him for his efforts.

Again, thank you for writing about Be Hotel and our staff, it is greatly appreciated. We definitely hope that when you come back to NYC that you stay with us again. Should you decide to, please feel free to reach out to me directly at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for the weekend - the room was spacious for NYC, and the hotel was simple and nice. But what was extraordinary is that the man at the front desk walked 2 blocks with our luggage to meet my husband in the car because the road was blocked off for a park parade. He wouldn't even accept a tip, though we insisted. Regrettably I forgot his name, but what a memorable experience. Thanks Be Hotel!

• Stayed June 2014
BeHotel_GM, General Manager at The Leon Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for staying with us at Be Hotel for your most recent trip to NYC.

It was great to read that our staff went “above the call of duty” and assisted you with your bags during the road closure as a result of Pride NYC. The young man’s name who helped you is Dante, who has been great addition to our team since we opened. I will make sure that he gets recognized for his efforts over the weekend.

We truly believe that customer service is the backbone of Be Hotel. I truly believe that we are more than just “simple and nice’ but we also know who we are. While you may not find the most luxurious of accommodations, you will find a TEAM who is dedicated to providing our guests with a clean, comfortable environment and hopefully creating many more “memorable experiences.”

We are in the process of enhancing our amenities and I hope that you come back to visit us so that you may experience these improvements firsthand. Should you decide to come back to Be Hotel, please feel free to reach out to me at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com.

Budapest
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Stayed at Be hotel for 5 nights. Chose it because of the locations - Chinatown area is one of my favorite. The room was really small, but that wasn't a problem. There was no cupboard for clothes not even some hooks to hang the clothes note a single chair. That was quite a downside. Otherwise the rooms was nice and clean, the shower was working perfectly and the bathroom was functional. Everything went so well and the staff at the reception was kind and helpful, but as the check-out time is at 12 and my flight was in the late afternoon I asked if it's possible to store the luggage for an hour or so. That was possible so I left 2 suitcases and my bigger purse there. At the airport I noticed that my euros were gone...i had counted the euro notes in the morning and now there were only coins left... not so nice surprise! Also some Hungarian forints which I had in my other wallet were missing. I shouldn't have left my wallet and purse there but somehow i trusted that if i store something, even some money for hotel baggage store it would have been safe there. S be careful and don't do the same mistake!

Room Tip: Choose as big room as possible!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
BeHotel_GM, General Manager at The Leon Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you for staying with us on your most recent trip to NYC. It seems that there were some positives and some challenges during your stay which I would like to address.

I was happy to read that you were pleased with the "nice and clean room" and our "kind and helpful staff." I also read that you had some issues with the Superior King Room you booked.
The SPK is our most modest room and unlike all of our other rooms, due to lack of space, there is no closet in the room. I will look for a solutions to this issue based on your feedback.

You emailed me shortly after the lost monies incident happened and we have been in communication since. Based on surveillance footage that I reviewed, I found no wrong doing on the part of the staff. I also mentioned in my previous email that if I found someone to be guilty of this that I would respond accordingly but as mentioned above, I did not find any wrong doing.

This is a difficult situation from both sides. We never want a guest to leave unhappy or slighted in anyway and it is impossible for me to assign blame if I cannot prove that this took place. I feel terrible that monies were lost but based on the information I saw, we were not responsible.

Should you want to discuss the matter further please email me at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com

Eduardo Aguilar

***Note to our readers- Our hotel is monitored 24/7 by cameras and your belongings are safe and locked in our storage area. Theft in our hotel is NOT tolerated and if anyone is found to have stolen while on our property they will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law***
Glendale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Stayed at the Be one night with my brothers and sister for a family reunion dinner in Manhattan. We had a "family suite" which had beautiful modern decor, outfitted with two double beds, one queen bed, and, most importantly, two bathrooms. The queen bed was even in its own separate area that can be closed off from the rest of the room. Everything was immaculate and the beds were very comfortable. The staff at the front desk (especially Javi) was very helpful in not only checking us in, but giving good directions to nearby sites. The hotel's location is good, within walking distance to the 9/11 Museum (about 20 min. walk), and a subway station. We were on the fourth floor and had absolutely no traffic noise. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your most recent trip to Be Hotel and for all the positive feedback!

Our housekeeping staff works very hard to keep the rooms clean and "immaculate" and our front desk team always tries to make things easy for everyone by always offering assistance. I will make sure to let Javid know that he impacted your stay in a positive way.

The goal with our suites seems to have worked! The spaciousness and additional bathroom make a BIG difference when travelling with several people. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of the room and that it worked out for you and your family for the reunion.

I hope that when you decide to have another reunion in NYC that you come back to Be Hotel. Should you decide to please email me directly at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

His take: I just finished spending a few nights at this hotel. It was initially a bit difficult to find, since the entrance is sandwiched between Popeyes and a Budhist temple, and there is the word "Be" above the door. This hotel does not have food or a large lobby. What makes this hotel great is the comfort, cleanliness and service that was provided. Before my stay began I emailed the manager Eduardo about a fitness center, he relied to my email promptly. The room is a bit small but more than adequate for our needs, the beds are extremely comfortable (I got the manufacturer and models of the pillows and mattress for my next home purchase). My room was on the second floor but it was so quiet that I didn't hear any of the city sound with the exception of an occasional police siren. With the curtains closed the room was dark enough for a pleasant afternoon nap. I liked the location a lot, right in Chinatown and adjacent to Little Italy. Soho was in walking distance and two blocks from the B-D subway line. The stay more than exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you very much for taking a few moments to write about Be Hotel and commending our "comfort, cleanliness and service."

It was a pleasure to provide you with the details prior to check in with regards to the gym. Having a neighborhood gym where our guests can go for $10.00 a day with a room key is a nice treat. I hope that the mattresses will be just as comfortable in your new home as they were here in the hotel for your afternoon naps!

It is always great meeting new people and I am glad that I got chance to talk to you and your family several times throughout your stay. We definitely hope to see you soon at Be Hotel.

Asker, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I took my family (6 adults total) here for our 5 day trip to NYC in late May. I was a bit sceptic at first as the hotel had no restaurant and I couldn't find it on Google Street View. However, after calling the hotel and taking to the staff i was assured that there were places nearby to grab breakfast (both Chinese cuisine and classic American diner style).

When we showed up we were greeted by incredibly a polite and helpful staff, and was at our room after a quick check inn (we got there around midnight, so no other guests were checking in at the same time).

We comfortably fit 6 adults in the suite (a family that don't mind sharing a double between two people), and also had space for our relatively large amount of luggage.

Throughout our stay we were always greeted by the impressively helpful and service-oriented staff, and the location was great for seeing both midtown/central park and also Lower Manhattan.

After 5 nights at the Be Hotel with the purpose of seeing the City I can highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for an affordable place to stay centrally located in Manhattan.

The only minor issue we had was that our AC didn't work properly, and that they were unable to fix it before we left - they had the technician look at it first thing in the morning after we told the front desk it wasn't working, but they had to order parts in order to fix it. The fan still worked and the staff even offered to put in additional standing fans for us if we needed it. Again, the staff and the GM were incredibly helpful and worked out a solution that we all were happy with.

The free WiFi was nice and worked really well. They were also more than willing to help us by storing our luggage for a few hours and then helping us load it into the taxis.

I can't stress enough how helpful the staff was, and what a pleasure it was to be hosted by them.

I highly recommend the Be Hotel!

• Stayed May 2014
BeHotel_GM, General Manager at The Leon Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you very much for the detailed review you provided from your most recent stay at Be Hotel. It is great to read our guests rave about our staff. Each employee genuinely cares about the people that walk through these doors. There is a craft to customer service and we are all humbled by the fact that you were impressed by our "helpful and service-orientated staff.” I will make sure to share this with them!

The hotel an air conditioning issue arise during your stay and I am glad that we were able to resolve the issue in a timely fashion and provide both parties an amicable solution. Problems will present themselves but we always do our best to solve them with our guest’s needs in mind first.

In closing, I want to thank you again or staying with us and allowing Be Hotel to host you and your family. It was an absolute pleasure and I hope that we may host everyone again. When you decide to come back to New York City I hope that you reach out to me directly at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com for another great stay!