“I return to this Greek restaurant during every trip to NYC” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kefi

Kefi
505 Columbus Avenue, Between 84 & 85 Street, New York City, NY 10024 (Upper West Side)
212-873-0200
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Kefi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,023 of 11,181 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: Between West 84th and 85th Streets
Transit: B & C trains to West 86th Street, 1 train to Broadway & 86 Street
Description: Chef Michael Psilakis and partner Donatella Arpaia have moved their rustic Greek gem, Kefi, to a larger space at 505 Columbus Avenue. The new, 200-seat interior evokes the feeling of a palatial Greek hideaway broken up into several smaller dining rooms to keep Kefi’s intimate appeal. The menu of favorites straight from Psilakis’ childhood will remain the same with some new additions. Signature dishes like Baccala, crispy-fried cod with garlic potatoes and tomato, Grilled Octopus with bean salad, and Hilopita, baked pasta with rabbit ragout and béchamel are still on offer. Additions include Grilled Sardines with chopped “Greek Salad” and garlic sauce, Macaronia Spestofai, tubular pasta with Greek sausage, peppers, onions, tomato and feta and an entirely new section of Greek Sandwiches featuring house-made sausages and pork and lamb gyro.
Georgia
“I return to this Greek restaurant during every trip to NYC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

It's that good. Good food, good service, great space, good value. A famiy member recommended it to me several years ago and I've returned every trip since. The food is very good. A creature of habit I always order the roasted lemon chicken with Greek potatoes. Their white sangria is wonderful! I've dined there solo and with friends and family and have enjoyed the experience every time.

• Visited August 2012

North Ridgeville
“Cozy Restaurant on UWS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

A very welcoming restaurant with a friendly staff awaits you here. The osso buco was the best that I have ever had-from coast to coast! The portions were large and all were delicious.

Visited October 2012
New York City, New York
“The worst restaurant in the upper west side.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Let's start with the service: they get a 0, why, well, let's start with the fact that I made a reservation there because it was my mother in law's birthday and also my wedding anniversary. So a simply happy birthday or a happy anniversary would've been enough. The empty appetizer plates were never clear off the table when our entrees arrived. So we had a table full of plates... Hostess wanted to seat us at a table that was just impossible to get in because there were other sitting way to close to our table ( this tables are so uncomfortable, there's people seating so close to you that you you won't get up so you won't bother the table next to you).

The food: our appetizers came like 4 minutes after we ordered them so is the food fresh at all? Then for my entree I ordered the Branzino I understand it was grilled, but it tasted like if it was burned to me, the manager came and then I ordered the shrimp ( it was ok, I guess).

Atmosphere: are you kidding me? All you could hear was other people talking... Not even music was playing.

Overall: worst restaurant in the upper west side.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, IL
“Warm and wonderful on the West side”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

What a great place. When you walk in you think it's small, but there is a large downstairs with more seating. Make reservations. We made ours for 5:45, closest to our desired time. The place did fill up within 30 minutes after our arrival. Food was very tasty, we all enjoyed our plates. Lots of variety, not just your typical lamb, plenty of choices. Lovely setting and attentive service.

• Visited October 2012
New York City, New York
“Simply Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Dined at this authentic Greek restaurant a couple of weeks ago with my friends and had an amazing experience. The decor is so welcoming an the staff is very warm. The ingredients for the traditional food are fresh an well prepared. I enjoyed the modern twist on most of the dishes which show that the chef puts his heart into his work. The food was mouth watering an just amazing, will most certainly be going back with more people so experience this gem.

• Visited August 2012