“awesome” 4 of 5 stars
Review of STK

STK
26 Little West 12th Street, New York City, NY 10014 (Manhattan)
+1 646-624-2444
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
STK is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,319 of 11,771 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: 9th & Washington
Transit: A,C E & L trains to 8th Ave 1,2,3 trains to 7th Ave.
Toronto Ontario
“awesome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

went here for my birthday and it was a great experiance. The staff were terriffic at helping my wife choose a good meal, and they were bang on.

The food is above par, the atmosphere exciting, and all i can say is it is now on my "must do when in New York" list

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

New York City, New York
“Does cool have to mean cold?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Last night I met some good friends for dinner at STK. The seven of us "gals" had recently been through the worst of Sandy and we wanted to have a fun evening out to lighten up and get into the holiday spirit. We decided on STK because it is in a cool neighborhood and was being touted as a female friendly steakhouse.

While the atmosphere was without a doubt trendy and festive, the staff was anything but. When we showed up a little bit early for our 6pm reservation, we were told that we could not check out coats until precisely 6pm. One of us had been shopping in the city and was holding many bags. This didn't phase the staff at all. Rule are rules! Then when I ordered a glass of wine at the bar for $16.00 it was served half full. When I inquired about that I was told that it is a 6 oz pour. I have dined at some of the finest places and the unspoken understanding has always been that if you are charging a premium, you pour generously.

At exactly 6pm (and not a minute earlier) we were shown to our table by an unsmiling hostess. We were then approached (as opposed to greeted) by an unsmiling waitress. We were immediately informed that we must place our entire order at once. While we racked up a very big bill, our server never once smiled or showed any warmth. Further, it was obvious that we were being hurried along to make room for the next set of diners.

I am guessing that despite our enthusiasm and our willingness to spend a good deal of money, we were not considered worthy because we are of a certain age. But whatever the reason, diners should be treated with courtesy and not like they are a burden to the restaurant staff.

The food was tasty but the overall experience made me think that perhaps trendy is not all it's cracked up to be. Call me old-fashioned but I would rather eat at a place that is happy to have my business.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wonderful Steaks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My boyfriend and I love going out for steak dinners, and we've tried all of the big steak houses. This place may be our new favorite! The food was absolutely amazing. I had the filet mignon and my friend had the lamb. We really liked the live DJ too. Definitely go here for a night out with friends!

Visited November 2012
“STK on Grace Plaza”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

STK has three options, indoors, private seating and take away. I've tried all but indoors. Outside I had a burger in the private table area. A burger was $15 and very tasty. Just keep in mind there are better burgers elsewhere nearby and the STK take away right over my shoulder has the same (presumably) burgers for half price or less.

It's wonderful sitting in Grace Plaza or in the public space inside the Bank of America building at 1 Bryant Park. Grab your STK take out and head there instead.

Another day, I decided to do just that, and instead of a burger, I went with a wrap. Bad choice for me because I don't generally like wraps. But even if you do like wraps, be prepared for a really limited selection. I got an herb chicken wrap with peppers, mushrooms and curry yogurt. After you order you get a receipt and a beeper and wait a minute while the food is prepared.

If you could imagine eating cold limp, day old sliced peppers from a curry flavored jar of mayonaise with a spoon, you'd understand the texture. And the occasional curry flavor was nice but there was positively no sense of herb chicken to experience. All this wrapped in a cold green flour tortilla. Wow. Definitely will steer clear of that entree choice.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Very trendy fancy steakhouse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

If you are looking for a fun trendy night out, this place is a major "scene". Great ambience and fun drinks for young people. The petite filet mignon was very petite so order accordingly. The steak sauces were amazing.

• Visited November 2012