“Nice location and good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Chelsea

You added Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Chelsea to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Chelsea
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   121 West 28th Street, New York City, NY 10001 (Chelsea)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #230 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Birkeroed, Denmark
“Nice location and good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed a family of 4. We had a room with two Queen beds. The room was nice. Not very big but fine since you dont want to spend your time i NY in a hotelroom. The street is nice and quiet and fælles with flowershops wich is very nice. No noise at Night. It is perfectly location in the middle of Manhattan and there is a subway very near. Nice with a refrigerator in the room. The staff is very nice, polite and helpfull, and there is a very nice little fitnessroom. You can take a coffee or tea to go when you leave in the morning, and when you comeback in the afternoon or evening there is nice water and a snack. We will defenately stay again when we hopefully return to New York.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
hgichelsea, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Chelsea, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Lisa Erichsen,

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review about your recent stay. We appreciate your support and are delighted that we met your expectations at the Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to New York

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Albany, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I reserved a room here on Hotel Tonight, but when I arrived with a bicycle, I was told I was not allowed with a bike in the room. No where on the site was there anything about a policy of no bikes in their rooms. I had stayed at this hotel a number of times previously, one time bringing a bicycle, and was never told of this hotel policy before. They would not refund my money even though they would not allow me to stay with my bicycle. I asked about storing my bicycle in the bellman's room, but they would not allow it. They offered me the ability to store my bicycle at a garage across the street, but this was not satisfactory as my bicycle is quite expensive (I'm embarrassed to say how much), and I was worried about it being stolen. I called Hotel Tonight customer service, but they could not help as the hotel has the final say in the matter. I ended up finding a great hotel nearby (Courtyard by Marriott, Times Square West) who allowed me to bring my bike with me to my room.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
hgichelsea, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Chelsea, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear David12211,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea. Unfortunately, due to limited space and fire safety concerns, bicycles are not permitted in the hotel. We apologize if this created a bit of a chaos for you. We are dedicated to ensuring your satisfaction, and welcome you to contact our offices directly if we may be of any additional assistance.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This was the second time we stayed here. Its a very nice hotel, I liked the mini fridge in the room and the staff was very helpful. Traveling with my five year old son we like to visit Union Square so I like that the hotel is conveniently located close to subway stops. The only down side is the walls are a little thin and this stay the people in the room next door came and went at all hours of the night.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Travelbug8508,

Thank you for posting a review. We appreciate your feedback which will help us improve our services for future travelers. We hope to have another opportunity to better serve you on your return to the Hotel
Stillwater, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We stayed there 3 days and found it wonderful. I had a internet radio and they were able to get it connected quickly. The view was great, room clean and comfortable. Location was fantastic, right off the #1 (red) line at 28th st.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Jacksdad527,

Thank you for posting 5 star review We are very happy to learn that you enjoyed the location of the Hotel and appreciate your feedback to future travelers. We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Staying here currently on week two. Staff is absolutely phenomenal - they greet you with a smile every time you return. They are kind and helpful.
Rooms are small but this is NYC. Fridge and microwave in the room are helpful for long stays. Internet can be a bit slow. Wish they had laundry in the building.
Easy access to subways and Penn Station.
Overall this has been a great stay. Would absolutely recommend this hotel just for the great staff.

Room Tip: If noise is an issue, ask for a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
hgichelsea, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Chelsea, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Monica J,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I stayed at HGI-Chelsea in June 2014 for 3 nights. It is located blocks away from Times Square and plenty of shopping and restaurant choices. It's in the flower district , so the block is lined with all types of plants/trees, which makes for a pleasant atmosphere, but there was no mistaking it for a NYC street. There was construction going on next door so the surrounding scaffolding makes it feel a bit boxed in. The interior of the hotel is compact, but nice. The room had just enough space for 2 queen beds. The bathroom was in need of cosmetic clean up, ie: peeling paint, minor tile repair. The grab bar in the tub takes up too much space and makes for an uncomfortable shower. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Overall, the location is great and the hotel is clean, so I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Sjbrown01,

Thank you for posting a review. We appreciate the feedback you have given us and want you to know that we are making some enhancements. We appreciate your understanding while we go through this process and look forward to welcoming you again should your travels bring you back to New York.
Philadelphia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This hotel was in a very convenient location in the floral district between two major metro lines within a 2 block radius. We arrived on the Mega Bus from Philadelphia just 1/2 block away. The room was ready well before noon and we were able to check right into the hotel, drop our bags and go. The room was comfortable and clean and a good value for NYC. I would definitely stay there again when I return to the city for my next trip.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Karen C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review about your stay. We are extremely happy that you had a 5 star experience and look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Chelsea? Share your experiences!