“Now my Favorite NY Hotel!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn New York - Chelsea

You added Hilton Garden Inn New York - Chelsea to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn New York - Chelsea
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   121 West 28th Street, New York City, NY 10001 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Parking Package
Ranked #181 of 458 Hotels in New York City
San Francisco
“Now my Favorite NY Hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Given the price, location and quality, this was a great stay in N.Y.C. It's within luggage dragging distance to Penn Station, and there is subway station, (Metro Line 1), at the end of the block. The street it's on is mostly florist stores, and they keep their large plants out on the sidewalk, so it's like walking through a green jungle. The room was really great, with everything needed, and a bit more. Like satellite TV with 250 channels. Like most hotels in the area, they serve breakfast; theirs was a bit under $20, (still a bit much, so I found a pub that served a similar one for 1/2 the price).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
hgichelsea, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York - Chelsea, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Artyhues,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location and hotel rooms convenient. We also agree that both our location and hotel amenities in every room are ideal.. Our breakfast is much more than what you get at other hotels and thats the reason that we charge for it. We offer cooked-to-order eggs, omelets, waffles, bacon, sausage, breakfast potatoes, as well as a variety of cereals, pastries, and fruit. Please take advantage of our bed and breakfast rate where breakfast is included with the room rate during your next stay. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

If you're only looking for a comfortable hotel based in midtown at a reasonable price then this Hilton does the job. I was there on business and only needed this hotel to rest my head. My room did get very hot at night and the AC would loud, otherwise all was fine and OK for the price.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
hgichelsea, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York - Chelsea, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Adyhall,

Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your input on our property and will share the A/C issue with our maintenance team to address for future guests. We wish you would have contacted us so that we would have been able to resolve this while you were here. Nonetheless we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may show you the complete quality stay you expect and deserve.
New York, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I travel to NYC regularly on business trips & this time my travel desk arranged my stay at this hotel. I was ok to see it's a Hilton property but the experience was horrible. I had to change my room in middle of the first night as there were bed bugs in my bed. They put me into another room & I was able to sleep but in the morning, I found flies in the bathroom. I complaint to the front desk & requested a proper cleaning. But to my surprise, when I got back from work the 2nd night I saw flies in the bed room itself. I called front desk again & they offered me free breakfast...unbelievable....

I had them booked for the entire month but after this experience, I got my reservation changed to another hotel.....

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Anand Y,

I would like to apologize for any inconveniences you have encountered while staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea. We take seriously any reports that deal with bed bugs, flies or any other kind of insect (bug) that could potentially affect our rooms and our guests. The room was examined immediately by a pest control specialist after we received your complaint. The specialist checked the room and nothing was found.

If you would like to discuss this further, I can be reached at 212-564-2181 or at silvio.zinnanti@hilton.com

We thank you so much for staying with us and hope to see you again in the near future.

Regards,

Silvio Zinnanti
schweiz
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Perfectly located in the Flower Market. Times Square and Union Square are within walking distance. Few blocks away from Macy’s and Metro stops are right next door. We had a very nice big room with 2 Queen-size beds on the 22nd floor. The beds are excellent. Very good Wi-Fi connection. All the staff we met was very friendly and helpful. Really nothing to complain about. Would go there again 100%.

The only slightly negative experience was when I tried to book a car for the airport transfer to ewr. When I asked for a price in the morning they quoted usd 75 plus toll. In the evening the price suddenly jumped to usd 85 plus toll. When I asked for the reason of the increase I was told that the company for usd 75 wasn’t very reliable. I then asked why they work with unreliable company’S. I got no answer. The first question the driver asked me was: What price did they tell you? In the end I paid usd 100 anyway with tip and toll.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
hgichelsea, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York - Chelsea, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear hola112,

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review about your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea! I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea and found our close proximity to numerous attractions convenient during your time in New York. We agree that our value is ideal in NYC and that our beds are very comfortable.We also agree that our location is ideal and located on a beautiful street lined with fresh, seasonal flowers each day. Our staff does a great job of welcoming and offering personal attention to each guest. Thank you again for your kind words, and we are looking forward to seeing you during your next visit to New York!
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We went to nyc for a friend's wedding. This hotel was the closest to the venue if Chelsea piers, that's why we booked but we were happy for other reasons. It was centrally located for great shopping and nice dining a close walk. Near the metro, easy parking w valet service. Friendly staff.heart of flower district. .very comfy beds, select your firmness. A little street noise but its nyc!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear nycgirltravels,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you had an overall good experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea. We find our location to be very convenient for our guests,Our staff works diligently to bring personal attention to every guest interaction, and we are pleased you received that attention,Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea in the near future! Thank you again for your great review, and we hope to see you during your next visit to New York!
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I found the location excellent, very close to Penn Station and a block from the subway. The street itself is a little marginal, but the hotel is fine. Clean rooms, very quiet (and I was in the room near the ice and vending machines), quick check and out. No complaints and will likely use this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear tripadvisormember,

Thanks so much for the very nice review of your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location pleasing. Our staff does a wonderful job assisting guests and offering personal attention. Thank you for making us your hotel of choice, and we look forward to seeing you next time you are in New York!
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed here in early June for 5 nights. The hotel was clean, comfortable, modern and with great A/C which was a huge plus as we were here during a big heatwave. King size bed was another plus as was the solid wifi. Location is excellent as well, few blocks from Penn St. and subways. Staff were very pleasant and helpful also. Would have no problem recommending this hotel, or staying here again if the opportunity arose.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear ElvisinLA,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us! We are so pleased to hear you had a great experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea. Our staff does a wonderful job exceeding expectations and making sure everything is spotless Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea in the near future!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn New York - Chelsea? Share your experiences!