“Great hotel, great people, great stay!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10% Today
Ranked #229 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Orlando, Florida
“Great hotel, great people, great stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I recently went to NYC for the weekend to visit my friends. I am a frequent visitor of the city and have stayed at quite a few different hotels. This particular Hilton Garden Inn was fantastic! From the moment I took the elevator to the lobby...I couldnt help but notice the modern yet warm/inviting decor (loved the picture of NYC behind the check in desk). I guess I shouldn't be surprised, it is pretty much a brand new hotel...apparently only been open for a few months!

Check-in was a breeze...quick, efficient, and friendly. I was with one other person and we had a room with a king size bed. The room was great! It was clean, modern, cozy, and just the right size. Bathroom was the same...modern and perfect size (good water pressure out of the shower too). Oh did I mention, I had a corner room that had an awesome view of times square. Literally looking right at the NYE ball. Can only imagine how amazing the view would be on NYE. Nice Flatscreen tv with HDTV and FREE WiFi (seems normal...but surprisingly been to other hotels where they want to charge for WiFi)

Stayed 2 nights at the hotel, and literally not a single complaint. Was a great hotel to stay at and would definitely recommend it. Looking forward to staying there again next time I am in the city! Happy bookings!!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Stoney Creek, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The door closers were the loudest I have ever experienced. They SLAMMED the door shut. You were constantly woke up every time a guest entered or left their room. Their were hookers knocking on the doors posing as maid service/housing keeping after midnight. Hotel management didn't seem to interested when they were made aware.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Mount Laurel, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel just before Christmas. We stay in NYC for a weekend just about every year before the holiday and I must say this was the best hotel for the money. The staff was pleasant and you can tell they are really concerned about your welfare. As par for course, the rooms are smaller (believe me, we've stayed in much smaller), but they did feel open and definitely NOT cramped. Cleanliness is huge with us, and by far, this hotel was super clean! We did not try out the restaurant or bar so we can't comment on that. However, we never heard any complaints and they were pretty busy.

The location is perfect! right on Times Square with Bryant Park just a couple of blocks away. Easy walking distance to Macy's, Rockefeller Ctr and Radio City.

One might consider this a downside, there is no hotel parking or valet. However, we found an ICON parking just 2 blocks away. And, if you research, you can find a discount parking coupon on Amazon Local or Groupon!!!! (saves you some big bucks).

Definitely worth looking at!!!!

Trussville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Booked a 1 night stay on a Wednesday night at a good rate. The hotel is a very nice and clean hotel. The room is small but not too small. (This was our first trip to New York so I cant say "but that's New York") Check-in was a breeze and the staff was nice. Our room was on the 6th floor on the back so not much view but had no problem with noise. The next time we would like to get a room higher up with maybe a view. Did not eat in restaurant but coffee in room was good. Also Hotel was a half of block from subway station and half of a block the other way from Times Square. I highly recommend this hotel.

Union, Mississippi, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

What a great hotel just steps away from Times Square. So convenient to restaurants and the theater district. Front desk was very friendly and very accommodating. Subway stop just feet away from hotel entrance. This was our first trip to nyc and we were not disappointed. We would stay here again.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Sachse, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This hotel is new. It's in a great location in the heart of Time Square. Front associates are very helpful and pleasant. Lobby is a little small. Rooms are great- with good views, they are not overly big. Only compliant- isn't really a complaint- the elevators are slow sometimes and the lobby can get a little congested. Love Love the lights in the bathroom!!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGI42, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York - Times Square Central, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Noreen S,

On behalf of Hilton Garden Inn Times Square Central, I want to thank you for your wonderful review and 5 star rating. I am glad that you enjoyed the beautiful view from your guest room. I apologize for the waiting time for the elevators and congestion in the lobby. We have a high volume of arrivals and departures daily; thus, waiting times for the elevators may be longer than usual during the rush hours.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us overall. We look forward to welcoming you back should travel bring you back to New York City in the near future. Happy holidays!
North Haven, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Hotel and staff very good. Bar tender at the restaurant was terrific can't say that for the kitchen staff waited over an hour for a pizza when there were only about 4 people in the entire hotel restaurant. I would stay here again but avoid ordering food big disappointment

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Dear Robert E C,

Thank you very much for your wonderful rating and compliment towards our bartender. I am glad you liked our location and found our rooms quiet. We look forward to your next visit. Happy holidays!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn New York - Times Square Central? Share your experiences!