“Check their are no parades in town on the day of your tour , ours was spoilt” 4 of 5 stars
Review of OnBoard New York Tours

OnBoard New York Tours
7th Avenue, between 50th & 51st Streets, New York City, NY 10018 (Formerly New York Party Shuttle Tours) (Midtown)
212-852-4821
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: OnBoard New York Tours operates the Only Comprehensive Guided Tour of New York City. Our tour guides hop off the shuttle bus with you at each attraction, showing you the city in detail. Smaller groups make better tours, so we limit group size on our tours and use smaller shuttles that allow more interaction with your guide.
Charlottesville, Virginia
48 attraction reviews
“Check their are no parades in town on the day of your tour , ours was spoilt”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We booked our tour six months ago and I never thought to check if it conflicted with any parades in the city , turns out it did , the gay pride parade today. I found this out yesterday and this morning raised it early as how this will,impact the NY see the best tour we paid for. I was told we can work round it. I would not say sitting on a sidewalk for 90 minutes in 85 degree heat was " working around it " . We had to rush the china / little Italy stop , we never had chance to use the intrepid tickets as we ran late and had another event at 6pm.
Dave tried his best to get things back on track but when you have lost 2hrs in a 6hr trip your never going to make it up . I have to say the value of the trip is great the tickets to the empire state building , the water taxi and intrepid at face value themselves cost as much as the whole trip . We were told the Intrepid tickets are valid for 6 months , we shall see if we can come back and use them later . So lesson learnt , double check events in the city , but OnBoard tours I expect you to be a bit better prepared for such events.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Gilbert, Arizona
“NY See it All Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

June 5, 2014
As a first time visitor in NY I wanted a tour that would help me see all the major sights my first day in the city that was long enough to see as much as I could, not too long to make me regret it the next day by being too tired, and not having to wait around in a line to Hop on or Hop off a bus on my own. The NY See it All Tour was just the PEFECT FIT! This 5.5 hour tour enabled me to see uptown, downtown, and all in between; stopping to see many of the major sights by getting off the bus, while viewing the rest through the large windows of the air-conditioned ride of the perfectly sized small bus. It was great to have the tour guide hop off with you, share information, and give you a moment to take in the sights as well. We had 9 people on our tour that day, so it was so much more personal when we got off to see the sights and hear the details, history, and information from our tour guide. Having such a smaller sized group made it easier to see and hear. I felt special and must have mentioned 2 or 3 times to my friend traveling with me; especially when I would see a really large group go by and felt sorry for those at the tail end of the larger groups from other tours; I've been on large tours like that and you can't hear or see. That is one of the reasons I picked this tour...smaller buses...means smaller groups. Also, the information heard and seen on the tour was perfectly wonderful; just what I was hoping for; and even more. Our tour guide, Tyler, was phenomenal!!!! She was not only professionally enthusiastic, friendly, and informative about the sights, she also shared a plethora of information and tips for us visitors that we used even after the tour ended. I kept telling her that she should type them up on a sheet and sell it for $1 or $2 calling it Tyler's Tips. It would be well worth the money as the tips and information was great. Our driver, Ricardo, was also professional and friendly. He could really maneuver the bus well, without us fearing for our lives or having to worry about losing time due to traffic as he knew how to get around it. If you do take this tour....ask for Tyler and Ricardo....they won't disappoint. Also, and most importantly, this tour is worth the money if you want to see it all and get a view of the major sights and surroundings and acquaint yourself with the city. It is not a tour where you get to spend a lot of time at each destination, so if that is what you are wanting, this is not the tour for you. It is a see it all tour, not do it all, and so once you see it and know where it is, you get an idea of hmmmm, I'd like to go back and spend more time there and you can; another day. The major sights were timed right to get a good look (Strawberry Fields, Statute of Liberty via Ferry, 9/11 Memorial, Wall Street, etc.). Also, be prepared, lunch is only 30 minutes.....so don't waste time and ask them to take you to the Key Food Fresh Deli and Buffet at 55 Fulton....it has everything you could want and more for lunch and is quick and fast....and filling and delicious (especially the tortellini). I would recommend this tour to anyone who wants to see it all in 5.5 hours and get acquainted with the sights, sounds, and information of the city that never sleeps. The tour was an "A" for me and the tour guide and driver were and A++++ making it even better than I had anticipated.

Durban, South Africa
“Best Tour Guides in New York”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

My husband a I did two tours with OnBoard Tours.
Premium see it all tour and NY see the best tour. Both tour guides were extremely knowledgeable with lots of hints and tips. Tour parties were small and the guide stayed with us walking and guiding us through the hot spots of New York.
This is definitely the best way to see New York.

Debra and Gavin Russell

Visited June 2014
“Onboard NYC Tour "Jimmy"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Family of 4 (kids: 13/17) visiting NYC and booked Onboard tours after some internet research. After evaluating other site seeing companies (Open bus tours) it made since to book with Onboard. Tour guides come off the bus with you while you walk at specific sights, AC in bus, small groups, padded seats, water bottles all sounded good. "Jimmy" from Brooklyn was absolutely perfect. His knowledge about the city, personality, humor and genuine care for his group was certainly impressive. It was more than obvious that Jimmy loves his job and my recommendation is to specifically ask for "Jimmy" on your tour. He made our family feel welcomed and safe throughout the tour.

The lunch accommodations were perfect with such a selection, it was hard to where to start eating!

Not to sound overly glowing, but it truly was. I will recommend Onboard with Jimmy for anyone that I know visiting NYC.

South Carolina Family (Go Clemson!)

Frisco, Texas
“Excellent tour with Jimmy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

My 14-year-old daughter and I did the See It All Tour on June 20. Our tour guide Jimmy was awesome. Informative, funny, concerned that everyone was having a good time, kept up with a large group to make sure no one got left behind. This tour is 100% better than the hop on, hop off tours being sold everywhere in the city. Can't recommend On Board enough.