“Great Location!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of citizenM New York Times Square

You added citizenM New York Times Square to your Saves list
citizenM New York Times Square
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   218 West 50th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Midtown)   |
Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #22 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Jakarta
“Great Location!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We spent 11 nites in this hotel. We went to DC and Niagara Fall in the middle of our stay and have no problems with our luggage being kept in their storage. Very convenience, not only that, this hotel is in the middle of the crowd so you can get whatever you need. It takes 10min to GrayLine Visitor Center where you can get varieties of tours, 15 min to Times Square, 20 min to Bus Terminal, the Theaters are closeby, it is so convenience. The room is small with big bed enough for 3 of us, me and my teens. Complete with modern decor with colorful changing light in the bathroom, cool ! You can do check in and check out by yourself. No cash accepted so prepare your card. There are staff around and they are helpful with your questions about the hotel or Manhattan in general. Don't forget the bar on 21st floor, it is small but cozy. Simply enjoyable... love it!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
citizenLance, Manager at citizenM New York Times Square, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Hello cheerful71,

Thanks for sharing your stay with us and other readers. I am very happy to hear you found our location desirable. Times Square is centrally located and we have several different subway lines on our corners. I was also glad to read you liked your guest room & it worked for you and your family. The rooftop bar, cloudbar, seats about 100 and has some great views, especially at sunset. Glad you had a chance to see it.

See you on your next trip to NYC.

citizenLance

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Mountain View, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We've stayed at a couple of CitizenM hotels in Europe so it was great to see them come to New York City. The hotel is wonderful and the staff went out of their way to make our stay memorable. Hotel guests can use the bar at the top of the hotel which was really nice after a busy day in the city.

For people thinking of staying here, my only comment is decide whether you want to stay near Times Square. It's super convenient if you are in town for the Theatre, but if you're in town for other reasons this area gets super busy.....

Room Tip: All rooms are the same. The lower the floor the less time on the elevator.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
citizenLance, Manager at citizenM New York Times Square, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Hi TR_California,

Thanks for your review. It's always great to see our returning citizens. I was glad you had a good time. Times Square is our first USA/NYC hotel. We are developing a property in the Bowery section of Manhattan, which will give you an option in a popular yet less frenetic neighborhood. Watch for more hotels in New York and other US cities soon.

Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I've been to many hotels, some of them much more expensive, but this is the best one:
a. perfect location - midtown, but quite corner. subway 20 meters far.
b. perfect room - small but exactly what you need
c. very modern - everything is free - internet, movies.
d. cool and well designed
and above all the team is amazing, they do everything to help you with a smile. never seen such a team and commitment.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Hi Nir D,

That was very kind of you to write such a glowing review. Thank you. I am so happy you loved everything. I also appreciate your comments about the team. It is so nice when they get recognized for what they do...it's very motivating!

Look forward to your next visit.

Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

What a fun place to stay! I went with my friend and our kids and we all loved it for different reasons. The kids truly enjoyed the contemporary style and the cheeky signs, My friend and I liked the outdoor seating in the bar, and we all loved how convenient is the location. The staff is so genuinely friendly and enthusiastic that it was hard to believe we are in NYC. Check in and check out is super easy. Staying at CitizenM definitely improved our vacation experience a lot. Will definitely go back!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
citizenLance, Manager at citizenM New York Times Square, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Hello Olena51,

Thank you for your very nice review. I am so pleased to hear that citizenM made your vacation better. The team is focused on your experience and it will be my pleasure to pass along your compliments of their performance. So excited you will choose us again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on 4/5/2014 as well as 6/14/2014. Both times we were impressed with this hotel. I love their modern artistic decor and lounge areas. The staff is warm and inviting. Check in is quick using their computers and activating your own room key. The rooms are small, enough room for two people max. The bed is comfortable and there's a flat screen right on the wall above the bed. Everything is controlled by a tablet. You can change the color of the bathroom lighting, which I couldn't get enough of;) you can also use the tablet to open the shades, change the channels, cut the lights on and off, listen to music which is convenient. The shower is awesome with good pressure. Our first room had a full mirror and a division between the shower and toilet (room 506). The second room we booked didn't have a full mirror and there wasn't a division between the shower and toilet which made a big difference (room 1903). I would request the room with the full mirror and division. The bar area and outside seating is a big plus. Bartenders were friendly and made some good drinks. The area is perfect, close to everything. I can't say enough great things about this hotel. I appreciate this hotel even more after staying at Lowes Regency on Park Ave in Manhattan due to this hotel being booked. We recommended this hotel to all of our friends and family already! Definitely will be staying here again.

Stayed July 2014
citizenLance, Manager at citizenM New York Times Square, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Hi Yosi212,

Thanks for sharing your experience(s) with us. We have been open just over 100 days and it's great to have repeat citizens! I was so glad to hear you enjoyed. Of our 230 rooms, there are 4 on the top floors that are slightly different (the building changes shape slightly). Next time you stay, we'll be sure to give your our regular room.

See you then.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

What a great new option in NYC! I was only in town for 2 days and this place was perfect for my needs. It looks exactly as it does in the website pictures. The rooms are small but well-appointed and very comfortable (especially for one person). Plenty of space to store luggage and I appreciated having a mini-fridge in the room. The tablet to control the lights and blinds was really easy to use but there are wall switches if you aren't tech savvy. The location is perfect - close to subway stations and within walking distance to many of the major sights. And the rooftop bar is a great place to relax and take in the city. The staff was so friendly and helpful without being intrusive. Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
citizenLance, Manager at citizenM New York Times Square, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Hi Veggie78,

I really appreciate that you took a moment to share your stay with us. Thank you. It seems like you enjoyed your time very much...great. I see one of your favorite cities is London. We have a citizenM near the Tate Museum and more opening next year at Tower Hill and Shoreditch. Hopefully we will see you back here or one of our sister hotels.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

The CitizenM hotel is brand new, cool and high tech! There is no reception but a set of computers with several young guys helping you. Quick, simple, and never an issue. Rooms are well equipped, small but functional and everything is controlled through a tablet, enabling to define your preferences for your room, tv and Internet. Wifi is free. Personnel is always friendly and available. The hotel is very well located. Really a great place to stay.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
citizenLance, Manager at citizenM New York Times Square, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Hi Franck92200

Thanks for your feedback. I am pleased you enjoyed and love the title of your review! I'll be sure to pass along your comments on the team. See you on your next trip to NYC.

citizenLance

Been to citizenM New York Times Square? Share your experiences!