“Biggest steak I've ever eaten” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ben & Jack's Steak House

Ben & Jack's Steak House
255 5th Avenue, New York City, NY 10016 (Manhattan)
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ben & Jack's Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,047 of 11,750 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: Between 28th & 29th Streets
Transit: 6, R & W trains to 28th Street.
Description: Ben & Jack, long-time waiters of Peter Luger's Steakhouse, have opened a beautiful restaurant in the Flatiron District of Manhattan. We offer prime, dry aged porterhouse steaks and a dazzling assortment of steakhouse favorites. Our chef, also, comes from Peter Luger's. Frosted, etched glass rooms are available for private parties. All major credit cards are accepted. Visit our website and take a tour!
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Biggest steak I've ever eaten”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Service excellent, prices quite reasonable. The fillet mignon was very big, the sirloin was huge! All food was really tasty and the portions of fries, veg etc were huge too! Desserts came with a sweet cream called 'Schlaag' which we struggled to eat after out monster main courses.

Visited October 2012

Monroe, Connecticut
“Back for More!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Located on 5th Avenue in the Flatiron district, restaurant is convenient to a number of attractions.
Had a late lunch after arriving from out of town. Sat at bar, conversation with the bartender was great and very amusing.Ordered burger which was over the top delicious. Bar had nice selection of both local and imported beers. Loved the venue so much, came back for dinner that evening with my friends and family. Restaurant is definitely Peter Luger's quality, may be a little pricey for some, but the hospitality of the bartender, wait staff, hostess, and manager makes you want to come back for more. A definite for my return to the city.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
PA
“Good food and great service in the bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Had dinner reservations for 6:30 PM on a Saturday, but after walking around town all day, we were hungry by 5:00 PM, so we headed to the restaurant on Fifth Avenue a little early. When we arrived, the restaurant was pretty empty, and we opted to sit in the bar area to take advantage of Happy Hour ($9 for wine and well drinks, $6 for draft beers). We ordered two drinks to start, the Moscato for my wife (which she loved), and a Brooklyn Lager for myself. We received warm bread in a basket that was yummy. We then ordered from the bar menu: French Onion soup and a Caesar Salad for her, and a 10 oz. filet mignon with mashed potatoes and broccoli for myself. All of the food was excellent. My wife loved her French Onion soup, and we shared the Caesar salad which was flavorful. My filet (ordered medium well) was cooked perfectly and was delicious. The mashed potatoes were good, and my wife thought the broccoli was very good. My wife then ordered a glass of Reisling, which was also very good. At one point, I accidentally knocked my fork onto the floor and the manager came over and replaced it. He later personally came over to check to see how our meal was. The bartender, who acted as our server, was very polite and attentive. By the time we left, the dining room had begun to fill up. We were very satisfied with our experience at Ben and Jack's and would definitely dine here again.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Wonderful New York Steakhouse Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

I have been to this restaurant 4 times over the past 5 years when visiting NYC. The service is always first-rate--warm greetings by the owners when you enter, a vibrant, big-city atmosphere, attentive waitstaff team for every dining group. The steak for 2 is the best steak experience I've ever had, both the taste and having it cut at the table.

My last filet, however, was not memorable, though the service was again outstanding. As my party's dinner conversation lingered past the 2.5 hours point, the owner or GM offered us complimentary wine and port.

The restaurant is very expensive but worth the splurge when you need that treat.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Steinkjer, Norway
“steak for 4”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

4adults had a wonderfull experience in that resturant. Best steak ever. The waiters was polite and wery serwiceminded.Rather expensive, but... who cares. Recomended in all sences.

• Visited July 2012