“My favorite hotel in the world!!!” 5 of 5 stars

The Bowery Hotel
335 Bowery, New York City, NY 10003 (East Village)   |
Ranked #70 of 452 hotels in New York City
Minneapolis, MN
“My favorite hotel in the world!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2010

I absolutely LOVED this hotel! The minute we arrived we were greeted warmly by handsome doormen in stylish uniforms. The young ladies at the front desk were very sweet and helpful. I asked for a room with a view and they gave us room 1211 - a corner room. We walked in and it took my breath away. The design details, the floor to ceiling windows, the pristine bed, the huge tub with a view.... I couldn't believe it. I took more pictures of this room than anything else on my trip! The rooms are so unique and have so much character and great amenities as well; an iPod dock, a convenient place to recharge cell phones etc. During our stay, housekeeping came to the door with an offer for a shoe shine and a small tray of beautiful cookies. The newspaper was delivered the next morning in a cute canvas bag hanging on our doorknob. Even our toast for breakfast was placed in a tidy box inside a Bowery Hotel monogrammed bag. So much attention to detail and style! We loved the bar and the cozy seating areas in the lobby. We also enjoyed having a cocktail on the patio. Very quaint and romantic. Our waiter was excellent and so friendly and funny. I feel like I'm gushing, but really this hotel is worth it. I would recommend this hotel again and again. Thank you for a fantastic stay and I can't wait to return!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

379 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
East Hampton, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2010

We stayed in a suite at the Bowery Hotel and we absolutely love this hotel!!! The decor of the suite and bathroom was exceptional and very comfortable. The staff is great as is the room service (our son still talks about the toasted tuscan bread with Nutella). We had dinner at Freemans and it was simply amazing! Check it out!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

A+++++
If you look for the Best Hotel in NYC, the Bowery is for you..
I really enjoyed my stay at the Bowery, and everything was perfect !
From now on, I have my address in NYC.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

- One block to Soho
- One block to Whole Foods/Station
- Value for NYC

You may mind:
- Smaller rooms, which I did not mind considering the loveliness of the rooms
- The crowd outside the hotel

The cons:
- Some of female staff is PMSy (I minimized contact/communication with), the ones who are not are great.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Sydney Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2010

We stayed at this trendy downtown boutique hotel for 4 nights and will never stay in big hotels uptown again. From the moment we stepped out of the van (5 of us) with suitcases,ski bags,boot bags etc we were looked after with friendly efficient no fuss service by the Bell boys. The reception staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful as were the bar waiters and the restaurant staff. We had 3 rooms all a bit different 2 with king size beds and one queen (very comfortable). The amenities in the rooms were great and the maid service was very attentive. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2010

My husband and I travelled from Australia and having done a lot of research chose to stay in the W Times Square first and then the Bowery. What a difference. The w staff were nice but stiff. The Bowery staff were GREAT and real. Really lovely people everywhere we went - at the door, the front desk, the outdoor patio. The front desk helped me out with some hard to get restaraunt reservations and it was all done with a smile and enthusiasm on their part. They said we would Love La Esquina and we did . It was one of the dining highlights of our stay. The front desk generally were super super sweet and genuinely nice. Its a very cool hotel but they made us feel welcome irrespective of who we were or how we looked. We booked a Standard Queen and requested a tub and view and were very pleased to find out that we had been upgraded! The bed was wonderful. Yes the TV is average but who cares - you're in New York!!!! We certainly didn't. The chocolates left at turn down every day were a gorgeous touch. The Bigelow products are fantastic. No complaints whatsoever. We loved the outdoor area out the back for a morning coffee or a cocktail at night. It is a great space and nicely decorated. The garden (old cemetary) is the perfect complement to the styling of the hotel and this outdoor area. The wifi worked well. The restaraunt Gemma was good but it was the service of the front desk in getting us a table on a very busy night when we didn't have booking which was outstanding. WE only had to wait for half an hour or so (in our room) before they called us down and it was all done so politely and with our happiness always at the forefront of their minds. All in all we much preferred our experience here than at the W and loved the location for its grit and closeness to Soho, Greenwich, MPD, LES etc. Can't fault the hotel or the people. We loved it here and were sad to leave. (The only disappointment was not seeing one celebrity even though its a celebrity haunt! Just bad luck I think) We are dreaming of making the 24 hr trek to New York again one day we hope. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Bath
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2010

We stayed here over New Year and I loved the styling and atmosphere, evoking a bygone era. Our room was more spacious than other NY hotels we have stayed in, and the large window made it light and airy, as well giving us a view of the neighbourhood.
The bed was made up in lovely thick cotton bedlinen and comfortable, although it was a pity there was only a shower and no bathtub in the room.
The front desk staff were all really helpful and knowledgeable; however the room service was terrible. We had a couple of bad experiences, waiting over 90 minutes for a bucket of ice one evening, (after 5 more calls to chase it up, eventually 2 buckets of ice arrived!). The hotel is not cheap and their room service should be better for the price.
I would go somewhere else if you want good reliable room service.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to The Bowery Hotel? Share your experiences!