“Absolutely Flawless!! Perfect!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #68 of 449 hotels in New York City
New York City, New York
“Absolutely Flawless!! Perfect!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2009

I recently stayed @ The Bowery on 8th July 2009 for 1 evening.....the hotel was flawless on all levels! I had gone to the hotel 2 days before my check in date to view a few rooms--I found a type that I loved & placed a request for a Bowery Queen with a tub & view...not only was my request fulfilled, but I was able to check into the room as early as I wanted!---rarely do hotels of any level actually grant requests, but The Bowery came through beautifully! Teelo @ the front desk checked me in---super efficient & kind!---I was in my room within 5 minutes! They give you a tassle with your room key, which is very unique, but this hotel is insanely special & incredibly unique! You can drop it off @ the desk every day, so you don't have to carry it around---there is a classic key holder behind the Front desk to hold all keys & messages---really cool & fun place! My room was on the 12th floor (rm #1209)--REQUEST it if you can---the room had an amazing bathroom with a fabulous DEEP soaking tub & a flawless rain water shower head with super strong pressure----really indulgent! The bathroom also has Villeroy & Boch & Waterworks fixtures---very unique Copper & marble design----lush robes, thick towels, a jar with q-tips, shower cap, cotton balls, C & O Bigelow bath products with a Lavender-Peppermint scent, even a loofah mitt, bubble bath & a little tube of Marvis toothpaste---stunning bath also had a HUGE window overlooking the city. The bed was ridiculously comfy, with a cozy red blanket & super soft sheets! The room also had beautiful hardwood floors, a cool rug, extra big desk, flat screen, two green velvet chairs with an addt'l table---(Good to work or have Room Service on), two oversized Floor to ceiling factory windows with stunning views (if you look hard to the left you can see the ES building & the Chrysler), a mini-bar packed with everything from chips & candy to condoms & candles, an iPOD docking station, & when I came back from being out, the room had been turned down with slippers & a little tray with treats & cookies....really nice touch! The room even smelled good......honestly, the entire room was perfect! I loved it so much---also loved the bedside control panels, ceiling fan, cool ceilings, exposed white brick, etc.....the designers did a fantastic job of constructing a brand new building, while creating an authentic, old NYC style/look....so different from other hotels.......JUST GO & STAY!! The lobby is also really cool----nice mix of locals, guests, hipsters, etc....cool magazine rack in the lobby, Gemma restaurant is very cool & chic! Syer, Marika & Teelo & the front desk were all great----Syer & Teelo made sure I got the room I requested & were both warm & sincere!!.....The bellman Chris was great---nice guy!! The other bellman never seemed to be at the door, but this wasn't a big deal to me.....I also loved the fact that all of the windows in the room open!! Soundproofing was good, but there is some construction going on, so some noise was heard during the morning....nothing to bad---I live in NYC, so I hear it often. Very fast COMP. HS internet access in the room & lobby..!The area is really close walking distance to the LES, SoHo, the East Village, etc......Think Coffee across the street is Amazing! Overall, The Bowery was brilliant & I had so much fun while staying there-----really interesting & cool hotel-----my all time FAVE place in the LES/Bowery area! Enjoy & Safe Travels as always!

Best,
Patrick/NYC
10th July 2009

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo

367 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Hayward, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2009

After staying at The Bowery for a one night stay on a Friday night, I've decided that I will not stay anywhere else in the city for like, forever. It was seriously that good. In fact, I'll be staying again in July but I'm bringing my husband this time. I was alone, but felt 100% safe the entire time.
Ease of booking online-5 stars. The system even let me book day of, and as I was at the Bowery Bar the evening before, I want to note that the front desk staff are very friendly and they had confirmed that it is possible to book day of or even a few hours before.
Check-in-5 stars. All ladies had smiles and were approachable. The woman who checked me in was professional and I was on my way up to the room within minutes. Not to sound terribly picky, but the doormen were aloof. I opened the door myself on most occasions, which I don't mind but it's sort of a serious thing here in NYC.
Decor-5+ stars. I had friends come by and they agreed it's a beatiful building with posh furnishings. I desribed it as "The Shining-ish."
Room-5+ stars. I loved the industrial floor to ceiling windows. I had requested a quiet room and I received exactly that on the 11th floor in the corner. The room itself is compact without feeling uncomfortable. They made excellent use of the space, plus the bathroom is large in comparison. Nice C.O. Bigelow amenities, and was surprised to see extra not usually included items, like the loofah and Marvis toothpaste. Wardrobe with a few hangers and safe, and the most varied basket of pay-for items I've ever seen in a hotel room. Great water pressure by the way, which I didn't expect from a rain shower head. Smallish flat screen TV (less than 32 inches) but nice selection of channels. Bed was comfortable, sheets soft, and considerate assortment of fluffy and firm pillows. Small table with two green velvet armchairs. iHome on nightstand.
Turndown Service-5 stars. Staff magically knew when I was out of the room (I didn't use the cute door sign) and placed 3 miniature but yummy cookies on my table, plus laid out my robe and a pair of slippers. Nice surprise when I got back very late that evening.
Food-I didn't order room service, but you can eat at Gemma which I highly recommend. Great gnocci and wine! Downstairs is their bar, and it's really cool. Around 6-9pmish it's laidback, you can hang at the bar (only about 5 or 6 stools though) or any of the chairs or sofas, or better yet the outside patio. I've hung out at all three areas and the great thing about the outside section is that you can order food from the restaurant. Beware that there are a lot of smokers so the smell can turn you off. Late night gets fun, lots of hipsters and some B&Ts. Saw quite a few famous faces too but I won't name names. Try their signature drink, Ginger and Spice. One minor negative was that unless you prominently display your key (which is big and has hanging strings so you would understand why if you didn't) the hostess would keep asking if you are a hotel guest and after a couple of times of going back to your room to get something or stepping outside for a quick minute, it gets annoying. She needs a better memory.
Extras, Misc-I checked out the gym, and it was really small but at least there is a treadmill. It's downstairs in the basement so it was pretty creepy venturing around down there but it's better than nothing at all. I also saw that there's a pool table and loungey area on the second floor, but because I was there in the morning it looked like either it was being renovated or just closed.
All in all, I highly recommend this place to all my friends and co-workers because I will be a repeat guest, with friends and family in tow.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2009

We stayed at the Bowery for the forth of July. We absolutely loved everything about the hotel , the bed was beyond comfortable, the decor was so beautifully done i felt like i had stepped into some 1920's glam hotel. We stayed in room 1101 its a corner king room with 2 solid window walls , we had a fab view of the city and the courtyard out back ,my daughter who is 20 months loved looking out the windows she also had a great view of the fireworks and they have a huge list of complementary DVDs so she enjoyed toy story while her babysitter kept her, they also sent up a lovely crib for her with all of its linens perfectly put together and she had a comfortable nights sleep not waking once lol
The food at Gemma's was delicious and our waiter was the best he played peekaboo with my daughter and made her laugh the whole time, Me and my husband also went up to the roof to watch the fireworks and it was the most romance we had seen in a while lol it was absolutely beautiful and a perfect night to top it off! The bar was lovely and quaint my husband spent alot of time there lol the outside lounge area was very nice to! i loved the location i was abel to walk out with my daughters stroller and not be run over by crazy tourist and there is a startbucks a few blocks away that i walked to several times but out of everything i loved at the Bowery the thing i loved most was the attentive friendly staff they were so nice they would get you anything you needed and they honestly made me fell like i was part of there family lol The night manager was very nice and the guy that did the night shift at the front desk was great i also loved the waiter i think his name was Mario ? I will most definitely be spending all my NYC stays at the bowery and i recommend it to everyone especially my friends

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

Doting staff and gorgeous decor. Walking through the front door, you feel as though you're being transported back in time to a heyday!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
southern california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2009

had business near NYU and wanted a nice hotel under $400/night. This did the trick. I booked a queen room and called ahead and asked for a quiet room. They put me on the 12th floor facing bowery street. I got some street noise but not much and with occasional use of earplugs it was fantastic. Bed was wonderful, room temperature was perfect for me (cool). i requested no feathers which was how the bed was made up. I used the gym and it was really nice - not big but very well maintained and had the equipment i needed. Minibar had an outstanding assortment of stuff. rainshower had a flowrate that is likely to be illegal somewhere - it was great and i found myself taking showers twice a day just to enjoy that blast of water. room was clean when i checked in, but i noticed that cleaning staff did only cursory cleaning during my stay - it looked like they did not vaccuum during my stay - this is my one complaint. it is not a big deal because i am relatively neat, but still i was surprised to see some small debris on the floor - recognizable as stuff i tracked there, but still.....
high speed internet connection was flawless, which is great for business travel. also the tmobile phone connection worked well from the entire hotel, including the basement where the gym is.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2009

love love loved this hotel. great service, friendly, beautiful rooms with lots of light and stunning manhatten views. really made our stay in manhatten special staying here. great restaurant attached to hotel too which is locals eat at too. highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2009

One of the best hotels I've ever stayed in in terms of service - the staff are so welcoming and friendly, SO not like the snooty staff in other boutique hotels, but rooms are small.

However the bed is one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in and the food is amazing. Bar is lovely too. It's a little overpriced however.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple

Been to The Bowery Hotel? Share your experiences!