“Bowery Chic” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #58 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Washington
“Bowery Chic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and I just retuned from a quick overnight trip to NYC to celebrate a friend's birthday. We were wonderfully surprised with our stay at the Bowery Hotel. From the moment the taxi door opened, the retro attired doormen welcomed us with smiles and NY efficiency! Registration was also efficient and welcoming. We were shown our way to Room 403- a queen room. Room was not overly spacious but gave a sense of area and comfort. Every touchpoint of the place would make you believe you were steeping back in time (only with today's high standards of functionality and design). Loved the well stocked minibar selection which could compete with most small hotel gift shops.

Bed and linens were luxurious. Bathroom with walk in shower had great water pressure and Bigelow bath products- loved the Marvis toothpaste! Technology was appreciated with flat screen TV, jawbone Bluetooth speaker for music and ihome clock radio dock.

I didn't expect to have such a quiet experience- but design and soundproofing were excellent.

Lobby bar on Saturday night was the place to be seen with hostess most accommodating to hotel residents. Looking forward to returning soon!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Mine was a 2 day stay here while I was on business in USA. The best thing about it is its location as it’s in a quiet neighborhood so it’s quite peaceful here. One can work in peace (as it’s far from Times Square). The place has a beautiful and chic interior, quite elegant I must say with a serene ambiance. My room was spacious and the big windows held a beautiful view of the city along with a mini bar too. They provided high speed internet at no additional cost which was great and came in handy for me. The hotel has its own restaurant, Gemma so I did not need to venture out much for food during my very short stay here. It was a very comfortable stay and I think that Bowery is ideal for business stays.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We had a fantastic time here and if we went back to New York we would not stay anywhere else. The rooms were decorated beautifully and the attention to detail was very good- even the toiletries in the room were from the local independent high quality apothecary which demonstrated how they go teh extra mile.

I also forgot a transformer for my hair straighteners and was able to borrow one which was a life saver! The rooms are slightly smaller than expected but I guess that is to be expected in central New York. The location is fantastic and we used the hotel recommendations for restaurants which were spot on so we recommend that you do this too.

Staff were fantastic and the bar is also very good for a lovely glass of wine.

Room Tip: We got a free bottle of champagne as it was my birthday
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Great rooms, smallish (as they should be in NY) but well laid out, immaculate. Hotel has character, dark woods, heavy rugs in common areas. Cozy atmosphere for cool evenings. Gemma's is great for breakfast.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed here in August 2013.

The room was incredible. It had floor to ceiling windows with a great view over the city. The bathroom was clean and well equipped, with full walk in shower. It did not feel like a traditional corporate hotel, it was quirky and had interesting features in both the room and lobby/bar area.

They offered a wide selection of products in the mini bar, and also a Bluetooth speaker available for free use in the room (also for purchase).

Staff were very friendly and helpful. They took delivery of a package prior to our arrival and had it ready for me as soon as we checked in. It has a very relaxed feel with plenty of people available to help or open doors for you when falling out of a taxi with many bags.

The hotel was well located for experiencing the East Village.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I recently stayed at The Bowery Hotel for 6 days for Fashion Week. I stayed in a standard queen on the 11th floor. It was really lovely, the rugs are pretty, the lighting is great and the views were stunning. It really was a pleasure getting back to my room everyday. I had everything I needed and even though it was small I was very happy. The bar is one of my favorites and even though it is buzzing downstairs, the room was quiet. I couldn't have enjoyed it more!
I don't think the queen would be good for two people. I would definitely recommend this hotel over the Soho Grand, Dream Downtown and Standard. There is no comparison really.
I would definitely stay there again. Also the mini bar is very well stocked for the modern traveler.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I have been here twice. First time was in 2011. We had come to NYC to see the premier of Martha Marcy May Marlene. We decided to stay at the Bowery Hotel which turned out to be the perfect plan. We had one of their suites which is a little on the expensive side but not for what we got and how it made us feel. Very clean, beautifully decorated, and lots of space. We loved their bedding and the sheets with the red trim. We had a nice view of Bowery and all the action outside.

The night we were there Paul McCartney was having his US wedding reception at their club. We had no idea. It was very exciting walking up to our hotel and seeing all the lights and cameras. I actually bumped(gently) into Billy Joel in the entrance of the hotel. No one was being let in except people with reservations. It was magical and very special.

The second time was less eventful but just as wonderful. We got a king sized room and again it was perfect. The lobby is still my favorite part of the experience. I also love this section of the city. Lots going on.

The lobby is total eye candy. We didn't want to leave it. It is furnished with lots of rugs, overstuffed couches, wood and a giant fire place. Very romantic. Lots of people hanging out having a good time.

Gemma is a great place for breakfast. I didn't go on these trips but have a few times in the summer. It is fun to sit outside, people watch and have wonderful food. Very relaxing.

This is definitely one of my top 10 NYC hotels.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Bowery Hotel? Share your experiences!