“A very nice property with stylish rooms and great bathrooms.” 5 of 5 stars

The Bowery Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   335 Bowery, New York City, NY 10003 (East Village)   |
Ranked #77 of 467 Hotels in New York City
London, UK
“A very nice property with stylish rooms and great bathrooms.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

The Bowery is a very nice hotel in a great location close to everything the East Village, Soho, and downtown in general has to offer.
Despite being an obvious "hipster" hangout (rich hipsters anyway!) the staff are charming and helpful.
Another very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Londoner_Chris

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

If you're looking for a cool hotel in New York with something a bit different and special then this is the place for you.

My boyfriend and I stayed here last August and absolutely loved it. The staff were brilliant, super friendly and very cool!

We loved the location of the hotel in the LES. Nice and close to Soho, Brookly Bridge, etc - but further away from Times Square (which is exactly what we wanted).

Overall, nice vibe, great staff, lovely room with the best bed I think I've ever slept in. Their restaurant, Gemma, next door was lovely too.

We'd most definitely stay here again. Without a doubt.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Kansas City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Great boutique hotel that is well located no matter what direction you are headed. First of all the corner room I had was wonderful with huge floor to ceiling casement windows. Very little street noise. While the room was on the small side, the view more than made up for it and the bathroom was large. I took room service for breakfast, and promptly arrived at the requested time. Great coffee. As far as the location you can easily walk to Greenwich village or Soho. The number 6 is just 2 blocks from the hotel and takes you right to midtown. I will definitely make a return trip.

• Stayed May 2013
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is by far the best hotel I have ever stayed at in Manhattan! My husband and I stayed at The Bowery for 4 nights and and loved everything about the hotel. Our room (1002) was extremely spacious and had a fantastic view! The king size bed was very comfortable and the washroom was bigger and fancier than our bathroom at home (waterworks bathroom accessories, and COBieglow amenities). The restaurant (Gemma) was actually very good. We were suprised considering a lot of hotel restuarants can be a bit 'meh', but we thought the food was very tasty and reasonably priced considering the brunch place down the corner charges similar prices for half of the portion sizes. If you are staying at the hotel you will not have a problem getting a table at the restaurant of the lobby bar. We hung out at the lobby bar each night - either before or after going out. It's got a great vibe and is awesome for people watching! Oh - all of the staff at hotel were also very helpful and not prententious whatsover. The rooms are pricey - but since we were in NYC to celebrate my husbands 40th bday we wanted to splurge a little. We also got a complementary bottle of wine to celebrated my husbands bday, which was a nice touch! The hotel is a 5-10 min walk to Soho, Little Italy, Chinatown, and about 15 mins from Washington Square Park. There is also a Whole Foods only a couple blocks away - which is so handy if you want to pick up some food for the room. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. My husband and I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: email the hotel and request a room on a higher floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ewisniewski
ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

This is a different type of hotel. It is small and has the feeling of "Old New York City". The rooms are decorated in the 1920's but everything is brand new. The bedroom was pretty, clean and nicely decorated but on the smaller side. It had a very comfortable bed and nice amenities.

The lobby bar is very happening in the evening. Despite being crowded, t the staff managed to find us a place to sit. I would definitely recommend The Bowery Hotel. We enjoyed it because it was different than the usual hotel. Fun location too!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I've enjoyed all my stays at The Bowery. It's tastefully done, very sophisticated but not overly stuffy. I like staying downtown and like the location. Easy spot to get taxi if going uptown. A winner but expensive.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Shannon C
scottsdale, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Since my daughter recently moved from the upper to the lower east side of NYC, on my annual spring visit I wanted to stay in a hotel close by....was I lucky that I picked the Bowery Hotel. This charming boutique hotel is exceptional in service, decor and food. The location is perfect to walk to shopping and numerous bars and restaurants in the area.

I must admit the “Bowery Busy Bar” was really hopping for a senior... but boy did my daughter and friends loved every minute!

The room was so comfortable, with a floor to ceiling large window and a beautiful marble bathroom that had a large walk in rain shower. The room service was impeccable and my morning latte arrived within minutes, piping hot!
It totally exceeded all my expectations...I’m now sold on the Bowery Hotel on the lower east side of NY! I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends