“Go for the corner room” 5 of 5 stars

The Bowery Hotel
335 Bowery, New York City, NY 10003 (East Village)   |
Ranked #65 of 453 Hotels in New York City
Kansas City
“Go for the corner room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Great boutique hotel that is well located no matter what direction you are headed. First of all the corner room I had was wonderful with huge floor to ceiling casement windows. Very little street noise. While the room was on the small side, the view more than made up for it and the bathroom was large. I took room service for breakfast, and promptly arrived at the requested time. Great coffee. As far as the location you can easily walk to Greenwich village or Soho. The number 6 is just 2 blocks from the hotel and takes you right to midtown. I will definitely make a return trip.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is by far the best hotel I have ever stayed at in Manhattan! My husband and I stayed at The Bowery for 4 nights and and loved everything about the hotel. Our room (1002) was extremely spacious and had a fantastic view! The king size bed was very comfortable and the washroom was bigger and fancier than our bathroom at home (waterworks bathroom accessories, and COBieglow amenities). The restaurant (Gemma) was actually very good. We were suprised considering a lot of hotel restuarants can be a bit 'meh', but we thought the food was very tasty and reasonably priced considering the brunch place down the corner charges similar prices for half of the portion sizes. If you are staying at the hotel you will not have a problem getting a table at the restaurant of the lobby bar. We hung out at the lobby bar each night - either before or after going out. It's got a great vibe and is awesome for people watching! Oh - all of the staff at hotel were also very helpful and not prententious whatsover. The rooms are pricey - but since we were in NYC to celebrate my husbands 40th bday we wanted to splurge a little. We also got a complementary bottle of wine to celebrated my husbands bday, which was a nice touch! The hotel is a 5-10 min walk to Soho, Little Italy, Chinatown, and about 15 mins from Washington Square Park. There is also a Whole Foods only a couple blocks away - which is so handy if you want to pick up some food for the room. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. My husband and I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: email the hotel and request a room on a higher floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

This is a different type of hotel. It is small and has the feeling of "Old New York City". The rooms are decorated in the 1920's but everything is brand new. The bedroom was pretty, clean and nicely decorated but on the smaller side. It had a very comfortable bed and nice amenities.

The lobby bar is very happening in the evening. Despite being crowded, t the staff managed to find us a place to sit. I would definitely recommend The Bowery Hotel. We enjoyed it because it was different than the usual hotel. Fun location too!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I've enjoyed all my stays at The Bowery. It's tastefully done, very sophisticated but not overly stuffy. I like staying downtown and like the location. Easy spot to get taxi if going uptown. A winner but expensive.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
scottsdale, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Since my daughter recently moved from the upper to the lower east side of NYC, on my annual spring visit I wanted to stay in a hotel close by....was I lucky that I picked the Bowery Hotel. This charming boutique hotel is exceptional in service, decor and food. The location is perfect to walk to shopping and numerous bars and restaurants in the area.

I must admit the “Bowery Busy Bar” was really hopping for a senior... but boy did my daughter and friends loved every minute!

The room was so comfortable, with a floor to ceiling large window and a beautiful marble bathroom that had a large walk in rain shower. The room service was impeccable and my morning latte arrived within minutes, piping hot!
It totally exceeded all my expectations...I’m now sold on the Bowery Hotel on the lower east side of NY! I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The Bowery Hotel is a charming, warm "old world feel" hotel with modern comfort. The rooms are tastefully appointed and quite spacious by NYC standards . Although the lobby is dark and cosy, the rooms are remarkably bright. The beds are very comfortable with luxurious linens.The bathroom shower has an amazing rainhead and shower. We stayed in one of the smaller rooms,(806) but had plenty of room to sit with our coffees in the mornings at a table by the sunny window. It was extremely quiet in our room, although the lobby and restaurant bar can get quite animated at night. The hotel is located in one of the best areas of Manhattan for walking to Soho, the Villages, Nolita and the Lower East side. Gemma the hotel restaurant has a great patio for dinner or lunches on nice days. The no reservation policy of the hotel restaurant does not apply to guests, so it is well worth booking a meal there during your stay. Overall is is a very pleasant hotel to stay in. Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

If you like the Chateau Marmont in Los Angeles, this is the hotel for you. I think the same people own it. I stayed here in Nov. while visiting my son in college. We hung out in the bar/lobby almost every night and his friends would come by and visit. So, yes, it can get loud and people do smoke in the open courtyard in the back. But I never heard any noise in my room and definitely did not smell smoke. The rooms are very cool. Luxurious linens and toiletries. Beautiful, large tub with a view of Manhattan out the window. This view was in my room and the bathroom! Just gorgeous. This is the place to stay if you want cool/hip New York.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Bowery Hotel? Share your experiences!