Want a hotel that will remind you of your first apartment in NYC? Everything in the rooms -- from the white paint on the walls to the furniture that could have come from your grandmother's house -- will remind you of the days of your youth.
But now that you're a grown up, you can avoid the discomforts that came with that first apartment. Yes, the rooms are still small, but you'll have:
1. Privacy and quiet (we never heard anyone else, or much street noise, for that matter),
2. Excellent plumbing (bathroom was tiny, but with a marvelous glassed-in shower),
3. Terrific advice from the front desk on restaurants (we ended up at Mercat, which we loved),
4. A beautiful and comfortable lounge downstairs when you're in the mood for a drink and
5. Room service (delicious and promptly delivered).
What could be better? The decor in the restaurant was odd: trying to be retro, but ending up looking Disney-esque. This didn't take away from the great food, though.
I'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bowery Hotel, a delightfully atmospheric luxury hotel in downtown Manhattan has opened its doors on the historic Bowery ushering in a new era of hospitality in one of New York's most exciting and desirable areas. Room types range from standard rooms to one-bedroom terrace suites, all of which boast hardwood floors, floor to ceiling factory windows and sweeping views of NYC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Tablet Hotels and Booking.com so you can book your The Bowery Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bowery Hotel New York City