“3 Lovely Days @ the Bowery Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

The Bowery Hotel
335 Bowery, New York City, NY 10003 (East Village)   |
Ranked #70 of 452 hotels in New York City
Fort Lauderdale, FL
“3 Lovely Days @ the Bowery Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I just had to take a moment to send a review for this awesome hotel. My husband and I just returned from a 3 day trip to NYC (our first ever time going there) and we decided to stay at the Bowery Hotel to get a more 'neighborhood' feel for our trip instead of staying in the Times Square or Midtown Manhattan area. I am so glad we decided to stay here as it was one of the best hotels we have ever been to! When we arrived to the hotel we were early (10:30 AM) so they had no problems stowing our belongings until the room was ready. We booked a queen room and in the comments I requested a corner room with a view as some other viewers had mentioned. An hour later we were contacted to let us know we could check in. We received some helpful assistance in getting our bags to our room and I must say that I was so impressed with our room and my husband was also. The entire hotel decor is very old english library type. Lots of wood, clean lines and colors and very luxurious. Our bathroom was gigantic with a huge sunken tub and rain shower with lots of high-end toiletries. The bathrobes were very nice as was the cute teddy bear that every one has mentioned. Our view was gorgeous and with the floor to ceiling windows we really enjoyed the experience of viewing the city at night and during the day from our room. The turn down service with cookies and bath slippers was a very nice touch too. Also nice is the fact that room service and eating at the neighboring Gemma Restaurant is inclusive on your hotel account. We really appreciated that being there and enjoyed the restaurant immensely. Also nice is the evening drink service on the patio and lobby bar area. This was such a peaceful place to hang out and get an evening happy hour. I have to say that even though all of that was great, the staff themselves were the best part. The gentleman that run the door are very helpful and are always there should you have a question or need assistance. The desk staff are great too, I was able to e-mail my boarding passes for my return flight and within an hour they called me to let me know that they were printed out for me, which was very helpful. Also my husband hurt his back on our last night and one of the room service staff didn't hesitate bringing us a bucket of ice with some bags so he could have an icepack...WOW! All in all we had a wonderful time in NYC and a big part of that was staying at the Bowery Hotel. I know anytime we return to NYC we will stay there.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a corner room, it makes all the difference!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

379 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Key West, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

We have 25 yrs of NY concierge experience between us. We now live out of state, but travel to NY for business at least 10 times a year and will not stay anywhere else.
The staff is professional and friendly.
Gemma is their fantastic northern Italian restaurant. The lobby/atrium is perfect for business meetings or delicious cocktails made by true mixologists!
You will not be disappointed..

• Stayed July 2012
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I honestly felt like I could move into my room at the Bowery and live there. What other hotel has hardwood floors, oriental rugs, mable baths, is immaculate etc.? I used to always stay at the W on Broadway when traveling on business, but from now on my "go to hotel" in NYC will be the Bowery...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I have always wanted to stay in this hotel, and finally got the chance for a long weekend in March. It is truly a beautiful place, antiquey-luxury, with gorgeous accents everywhere in the lobby and lounge. The rooms are also cute, but look much more shopworn. We stayed on a fairly high floor and the view looking uptown was truly incredible.

There are so many great things about this hotel, especially in terms of service--easy, free, no-register wi-fi, daily delivery of NYT, super friendly front desk staff and waiters--that it made me sort of want to become one of those people who always stays here when I come to NYC. The room service is from a good restaurant below the hotel, and is fairly reasonably priced (we had brunch and my caprese omelette was super tasty!). The location in the East Village is awesome--you can't beat it for having fun in Manhattan. The drinks in the bar were so good--you should definitely have a few cocktails while staying there. But on another level, the hotel has that clubby feeling that everyone staying there is trying very hard to be cool. (The staff doesn't have to try to be cool--they were naturally awesome and had zero attitude, which was lovely.) It was hard to reconcile that feeling of hoping to fit in with the fact that I was a tourist from Iowa and there is no hiding how uncool I really am, no matter how much money I spend to pretend otherwise.

I'd never really stayed in such a trendy hotel, and this one, as fun as it was, made me realize I value convenience and scrubbed-to-the-bone cleanliness over style. There was nothing wrong with the hotel or our room other than the fact that the room had like zero sound-proofing. It was St. Patrick's Day and you could hear every single thing that happened on the street below. Also: I had to iron something and the ironing board was the kind from Ikea for people who live in shoeboxes, which was mildly problematic for dealing with wrinkly travel clothes, but this is to be expected in NYC. But despite how nice the room was, it still felt very, very lived in, and for $350 a night (for the very smallest room!), I kind of want to not be reminded of how many people have stayed there before me. So it was a fun experiment, and I would certainly love to hang out at the Bowery again, but I think it caters to a very different type of traveler than myself. I would recommend it to people who want to feel like they are living sort of like hip locals, who are aiming for a more bohemian but still luxurious and trendy NY experience.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Pros:
- hip hotel in the coolest location in NY
- friendly and helpful staff: young and beautiful people
- wifi and bikes for free
- king rooms: large bathrooms with huge windows overlooking the skyline
- cozy ambience, well equipped rooms, awesome minibar stuff with Dean and De Luca food and other amenities, Co Bigelow bathroom soaps

Cons
- NONE

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

The Bowery Hotel is a "vintage" hotel even though it is only 5 years old. Located on the fringe of the Village, it is a quiet oasis with a beautiful terrace for breakfast or drinks. The staff is very attentive (lending me their personal phone charge) and the rooms are very clean.
I loved all the little touches like the bear logo, tasseled key and wonderful room amenities.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back are silent
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Breinigsville, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

My sister flew in from LA to stay here for a work gig, so I drove in from PA to spend the night with her. Such a beautiful, clean, classy, charming little hotel. From the second you check in, you know this isn't your typical chain hotel. The room keys are actual keys attached to an oversized, old fashioned tassel. I'm a sucker for details. Great staff- very friendly and helpful. Clean, nice size for NYC, and well renovated (updated without loosing an historical charm). Location was not much of an issue for me, as I was there to see my sis really. But lots to do and see, and walking distance to many great restaurants.

Room Tip: OK... There was no pool that I know of, but I accidentally clucked on a rating and can't unclick...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Bowery Hotel? Share your experiences!