“Fairytale NYC Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Fairytale NYC Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for a romantic weekend in Manhattan. It couldn't have been more perfect. Every detail here is thought out, from the CO Bigelow bath products, to the iPod dock in the rooms, oversized marble bathtub, clientele appropriate magazines (Time Out NYC, Paper Mag, Blackbook). It is a more dreamy version of home-away-from-home.
They manage to make the hotel feel elegant without the stuffiness that comes in finer hotels. The location also can't be beat- between Soho, East Village, Nolita, all a few minutes walk (or take one of the loaner Bowery bikes and take a ride!).

Right now you can't stay anywhere hotter than on the Bowery, at the Bowery. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
cleveland, ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

wonderful staff, great location close to subway. great coffee across the street, lovely breakfast on the corner. Small front desk, and rather cold, however doormen are a wealth of info and work hard for you. Great little bar in the evening with nice lounge area.

Room Tip: get the corner king on an upper floor, quiet and great view. use the black out shades at night, espe...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

We stayed here on the first leg of our honeymoon and had a great time. The building was amazing and we loved the old-school feel inside. We stayed in a suite that was spacious and even had an outside terrace with a seating area and sun loungers which was fab! The staff were all really friendly and helpful and a good resource for recommendations and restaurant bookings-they even left us a bottle of champagne in our room to celebrate our marriage. The location is great and it's easy to wander into Soho or jump in a cab anywhere. The bar was cool and a good place to do some celebrity spotting in an unpretentious setting...and Gemma restaurant served amazing italian food and lovely breakfasts. We liked it so much that we're looking to go back next year!

• Stayed May 2011
Cold Spring Harbor, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

The title pretty much sums it up. A truly beautiful hotel with excellent service but it still has a nice edginess. Fantastic bath tubs, excellent views, great beds and wonderful decor. My new favorite.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

The hotel is beautiful and the location is fantastic. Love the look, feel and vibe of the place top to bottom. However, I was bitten with bed bugs extensively in two rooms while staying there - arms, neck, face, legs and ankles. The Bowery brought in sniffing dogs who did confirm both rooms had bed bugs. The Bowery's protocol for treating bags and clothes is perfect and swift. Also, I did get a confirmation that no bugs traveled back home with me via the sniffing dogs and pest control experts I decided to pay to have to come into my home - given the bugs were found in two rooms.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
BoweryHotel, General Manager at The Bowery Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2011
Dear Guest,

As you know, we were very upset that this happened at our hotel but please be assured that this was an isolated incident. We have had no history of bed bugs (as the many guests from your company who have stayed with us frequently over the years will attest), nor any complaints from any other guests since or during this incident.

To explain the procedure we followed, the rooms in question were taken Out Of Order, thermally treated (heated to 140 degrees for 4 hours which would kill any bed bug or egg), re-inspected by a canine team (the dogs are able to detect the scent of bed bugs and their eggs). We also canine inspected all the public spaces, the rooms across, bedside, above and below, and numerous other rooms throughout the hotel. Every room and space we have tested has come back clear of any bed bugs.
Bed bugs are a problem in the New York City area, as well as many other areas of the country. People can come in contact with bed bugs and carry them anywhere along their travels. They have been found in airplanes & airports, museums, retail stores, movie theaters, taxi cabs, and even park benches.

We take the issue very seriously. We conduct regular inspections using NESDCA certified canine teams and our housekeeping and management staff is trained to inspect each room every day for signs of bed bugs to further assist us in the prevention of any issues for our guests. We are equipped to deal with an issue if it arises to prevent the further spread and to prevent a guest from bringing this home with them.

We are completely committed to providing the excellent service our guests have come to expect from us and to ensure the safety and comfort of all our guests.

Yours sincerely,

Kirk Wilson

If anyone reading this has any questions or concerns at all, please don’t hesitate to email us at info@bohonyc.com.
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

I spent one night at The Bowery at the end of a business trip this past week. While I knew of the hotel from dining at its restaurant Gemma, this was my first time within its wall. I had some hesitation as I don't know the NoHo and NYU neighborhood around it very well, but not an issue. From the moment my cab door was opened, service was top knotch. Every person I encountered ( doorman, bellman, front desk, room service, security ) was professional, polite, pleasant and competent. It was the kind of experience that had me walking out the door the next morning thinking that they ( the employees) were glad to have had me stay there and were appreciative of their roles at the hotel and the services they provide.

My room was not ready when I arrived, so I went next door to Gemma and read a newspaper at the bar. Within 30 minutes, one of the front desk clerks hand delivered my room key to me. My room was a king deluxe on the 5th floor facing the rear of the hotel. The rooms are just as they appear on the website and I have no complaints. However, while the backyards that the rear rooms face offer a nice explosion of green color to the New York scene, there was a barking dog dominating the soundtrack of the city throughout the early evening.

The Bowery has a cool and comfortable lobby that rolls into a lounge area, a private patio ( that hotel guests have priority use of in the evening) and the bar. The place has a thriving night scene and if you aren't expecting that in your evening, be aware. I did not use the gym, but understand that it is open 24 hours for use. Exploring the neighborhood and the shops ( soHo stores and galleries are also nearby ) reminded me of my visits to NYC in my 20-something days when there was a more carefree nature to being in town.

I left very early the next morning and unfortunately did not have breakfast there. But I really enjoyed my brief stay and hope to get back soon. The Bowery is not a cheap stay ( my room was just uner $400 for the night plus the food and drinks), but I cannot praise the staff and their welcoming and professional tone that I wish some other hotels with room rates at that level would consider duplicating. Loved it.

Room Tip: Ask to be on a higher floor or facing front of the hotel
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
charlotte, nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

Stayed at the Bowery after a convention at Times Square - What a great stay - wonderful room, incredible view and the staff was very friendly and helpful!

Room Tip: Fabulous!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to The Bowery Hotel? Share your experiences!