“Say hello to Nick, Joshua and...” 5 of 5 stars

The Bowery Hotel
335 Bowery, New York City, NY 10003 (East Village)   |
Ranked #50 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Toronto
“Say hello to Nick, Joshua and...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

All the other great staff at the Bowery Hotel. Service is first rate. Comfy room. Charming decor. And a neat part of NYC.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

First off, I love the location of the Bowery, and they have done a fantastic job of the decor and the feel of the hotel - it's like your own apartment in the city. I checked in and was upgraded (having never been there before) to a room on the 3rd floor with a fantastic patio. Things were off to a great start. While the food downstairs was decent (not exceptional), the location leaves so many great options within a 3 block radius. We ran into an issue on our final day, which was no fault of the hotels, yet they took care of us with some of the best service I've ever received from a hotel. Steve from room service was incredibly accommodating, and they ended up sending a bellmen with my wife and 3 month old son in a cab to our next destination - simply to ensure they got there in good shape. Wow.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

It started in the quaint little bar downstairs...fireplace, and a garden out back - it was fun and maybe too much fun, didn't go home. Instead we decided to grab some Zzzz's and breakfast first. :)
We stayed on the 12th floor and had really pretty views as most buildings near that area are not that tall. Rooms are also spacious (for a NY city hotel).
Would recommend this hotel for someone that is coming to shop and enjoy the dinners and bars.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

I would recommend this hotel to everyone going to NYC! We stayed at the Bowery Hotel for part of our honeymoon and it was absolutely lovely. Instead of one of the classic high end hotels we opted for the Bowey as it seemed like a trendier, more happening hotel - and it was. The location was perfect for walking around Soho, Nolita, East village etc, and the lounge downstairs was great. Just the atomsphere we were looking for. We were given a corner room which was lovely and with a great view. When we arrived a complementary bottle of sparkling wine was waiting for us in our room, what a great start! All the staff we encountered were friendly and polite. We ate once a Gemma, which was very good - but I would also like to recommend to those planning to stay here to go to Peels, just next door. We have breakfast here several times and it was excellent (fantastic potato dumplings). All in all, I'm very happy we stayed at the Bowery and we will certainly come back next time we're in New York!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
savannahsara
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

Another guest and I attempted to take some vacation style photographs today with a little bit of a dressed up flair. I am taking a photography course and came to NYC to get some shots. That doesn't make me, "in the way." I use one normal Canon camera. I didn't have lights or anything obtrusive. Management flipped. Reception was rude. It's kind of ridiculous that you don't have the same rights as some famous celebrity afraid of the paparazzi. I wouldn't stay here again because now I feel super uncomfortable. Don't stay here if you want people to be nice to you and have the same rights as a celebrity. The guest comes first.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

My daughter and I just returned home from a weeklong stay in NYC. We really enjoyed the Bowery Hotel. The service was impeccable and immediate; the room extremely comfortable. The location was perfect for us .... just a couple of blocks from Nolita, Soho, the Lower East Side, the East Village, and NYU.

The lobby and bar scene in the evenings is amazing. The place is packed with celebrities! Everyone dresses up somewhat, and everyone appeared to be having a good time. You can hear the noise from the lobby late into the night, but I found it soothing.

Another fun thing was the deep, old-fashioned bathtub. They stock the bathroom with bubble bath, and you get slippers to take home.

All in all, a memorable stay!

Room Tip: Get a room with the bathtub!
  • Stayed May 2011
philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

We stayed the weekend at the Bowery Hotel to attend our nephew's art exhibit at The Cooper Union. The hotel was not only convenient to The Cooper Union, it was also a quick walk to the East Village, West Village, SoHo, and Union Square. In addition, the staff is attentive and helpful without being overbearing. Every hotel employee we encountered was pleasant and upbeat. Our room was generously sized by Manhattan standards, and the amenities were first rate. The hotel was also quiet, and the bed comfortable. There is a sunlit enclosed patio off the lobby where guests can enjoy food and drinks.

But the lobby lounge is the pièce de résistance. It's a large room furnished with comfortable stuffed chairs and sofas arranged in conversation groupings, with sufficient coffee tables, end tables and work tables. The lighting is comfortably subdued. I spent an entire morning in the lounge with my laptop plugged in, using the hotel's free wireless internet, working. I had no trouble using the wireless in my room or the lounge. The lounge attendant who brought me breakfast and coffee was unobtrusive, yet never let my coffee cup become empty, and never made me feel I had overstayed my welcome.

And speaking of breakfast, the hotel restaurant, Gemma, was a delight. The food was freshly made using high quality ingredients, many from local producers, and prepared flawlessly. We enjoyed a thin crust pizza that was mouthwatering, and the al fresco breakfast we ate on Sunday was delectable. (Possibly the best creamy polenta with sunny-side up eggs in Manhattan.) Real Vermont maple syrup on the tables, Sarabeth jam for the toast. Very good coffee.

I know some people have dissed the hotel because they've been turned away from the lounge. (The hotel limits the use of the lounge and enclosed patio to hotel guests.) It's just petty to complain about that - the hotel keeps these areas as a comfort to its guests. The price for this is included in the cost of the stay. Get a room.

Room Tip: There are rooms with terraces.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Bowery Hotel? Share your experiences!