I frequently stay at Hilton Garden Inns when I travel, so when we were planning our New York vacation this year I was pleased to find the HGI in Tribeca offering a stupidly low price--$158/night, which is almost unheard of for ANY chain in New York. The location is fantastic, literally steps away from the A/C/E trains on Canal Street. We flew in through Newark and took the Airtrain into Penn Station, then hopped the A train down to the hotel (little trick since there's so many exits at Canal--look for the one marked Beach Street. Go up the stairs, hang a left once you're outside and there's the hotel). We got a nice view of the neighborhood from our fifth floor room--I suspect those are the HHonors rooms--and as per usual HGI operations the staff was pleasant and helpful. A special shout-out to Felipe, who helped out when I somehow screwed up the TV! Beds were comfortable, room was spotless and decent-sized by New York standards. If there was any nitpick it was the business center--there's two computers but only one is hooked up to the printer, and invariably said printer-compatible computer was being hogged by a teenager on Facebook. The staff will let you use their printer though, but still. If you want a little night life Bar Artisanal, attached to the hotel, seems to be a pretty popular spot. Tribeca isn't cheap foodwise, but you can always walk a few blocks to the Village for lots of cheap eats. Also check out Kitchenette, a funky little place on Chambers Street that serves great and (for the area) cheap breakfasts. I don't know if we'll ever luck out and get a rate this low again, but if you get the opportunity to stay here do so, it's a great hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn New York/Tribeca located in Manhattan’s vibrant Tribeca neighborhood is home to the famous Tribeca Film Festival and features direct subway access to get you anywhere in Manhattan in minutes. Visitors can walk to some of the city’s finest restaurants featuring some of the world’s top chefs or shop at some of city’s finest boutiques.Guests will enjoy the property’s many amenities including onsite dining at the AOA restaurant, spacious rooms with HD TVs, complimentary WiFi and Garden Sleep System® beds for a relaxing night’s sleep. Business travelers will appreciate the proximity to major corporations in Lower Manhattan in addition to spacious desks in each room with secure remote printing through PrinterOn®. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn New York/Tribeca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn New York/Tribeca Hotel New York City
- Tribeca Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Garden Inn Tribeca