I booked a room the day before my arrival into Nyc,I checked in with a lady at the front desk she advised me that since I didn't have my card I would have to pay the full amount and a fifty dollars incidental charge which will be returned to me at my check out..so I agreed I paid the full amount and the incidental fees. While she was checking me in,it seemed like she had an attitude and took her so long to check in. I finally got in my room...as I usually do I contact my bank to get information on exchange rates..they advised me that there was a charge to my card from the hotel for the rate of the room. I just payed cash for the full rate for one night so why didn't they inform me that they already removed the funds from my card...instead i payed twice for one night...I called the front desk and spoke to a gentlemen who apologized for the mistake and advised me to come downstairs to get a refund for the extra charges. I go downstairs and he was busy, so I go to the same woman who checked me in and before I can say anything she tells me that she already knew about the issue and I would get my refund. She provided me with my refund. The next day as I was checking out I requested for the fifty dollars to be returned to me...she responded by asking me how did I want to pay for the night I stayed at the hotel....lol I was so furious it seemed like she had a case of amnesia....I already paid for the hotel so now I'm supposed to pay again? ?? At that point I was livid,there was a long line of people checking in and. I asked to speak to someone else..she got someone else...while I was speaking to the lady she kept looking at me rolling her eyes and getting into the conversation I was having with the lady. Finally my fifty dollars was given back to me but I will never stay there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thank you for choosing the brand new Holiday Inn Express Madison Square Garden Area hotel located on West 29th Street between 7th and 8th Avenue right in the heart of Chelsea and Madison Square Garden Area. We include a complimentary hot and cold Express Start Breakfast to all guests of the hotel. Our hotel is a new 15 story high-rise hotel with amenities to include free high speed wired and wireless Internet access, free local calls, fitness center, rear garden terrace and a full business center. We are just ten short blocks from Times Square. Also within walking distance is Penn Station, the Empire State Building, Jacob Javits Convention Center, Fashion Institute of Technology, Theatre District, Macy's, mid-town and 5th Avenue shopping. Rockefeller Center is just one mile away! We are also centrally located to many fine restaurants, entertainment venues and some of the finest shopping the city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express NYC - Madison Square Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Nyc - Madison Square Garden Hotel New York City
- Holiday Inn New York City
- New York City Holiday Inn